GS - 2nd Gen (1998-2005) Discussion about the second generation GS300, GS400 and GS430 (1998 - 2005)

No boxes here, just a few new parts on the car =)

Search this Thread

Old 11-14-05, 11:13 AM
mikal
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by V8_Aristo
The only reason I won't take it passed 80mph is just my own paranoia. The car feels really stable, even through high speed curves. I believe that air bags can be just as stiff coil springs if you put enough pressure in it, but at the same time have a higher risk in popping it. Also, the higher the pressure and higher the car gets, so center of gravity will also be affected. If I were to use my car at the track or go through mountain passes, then for sure I will put my coilovers for that.
I like how you think.
Old 11-14-05, 02:31 PM
mikeyboy
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by bluelex
You know I"m not trying to be picky but why? I ask cuz I've debated this mod many times but am worried of how it will ride at higher speeds. I'm no racer but I like going faster now that I can, I guess I'm worried of how it will handle in decently sharp turning and hard braking and at the track every once in a while. If you were to go up into the 90+mph area does it wobble or feel floaty?

I know JT had this system with a turbo but he really never drove his car after the airrunners than sold the car. I'm just trying to find out more info before I make a move and it doesn't feel safe at higher speeds. I'm sorry if this is off subject a little.
Bluelex,

i dont reccommend it if you like to go fast. I'm on air w/ s/c and i honestly dont like it. I mean i love the way it looksbut handling sucks compared to my old tte springs/l-tuned shocks w/ trd race sways. now i only have the race swys and it handles nothing like it did before. I think i'm going to take the shocks out and when i goto shows put them back in.
Old 11-14-05, 07:36 PM
JohnGS4
Lexus Test Driver

Can i get some specs on the wheels?! They look awesome. Also, what brand tires are you running? I didn't realize how much i liked these wheels until i saw them on your ride, now i love them. Here comes another bank breaking mod!

P.S. the car looks awesome with the new upgrades.

John
Old 11-14-05, 08:11 PM
V8_Aristo
Bippu

Originally Posted by JohnGS4
Can i get some specs on the wheels?! They look awesome. Also, what brand tires are you running? I didn't realize how much i liked these wheels until i saw them on your ride, now i love them. Here comes another bank breaking mod!

P.S. the car looks awesome with the new upgrades.

John
Wheels specs: 19x9 38offset (front)
19x10 38offset (rear)
Tire specs: Dunlop DZ-101
245/35/19 (front)
275/30/19 (rear)

I'm also using 8mm spacer on all my wheels to get it this close to my cut and rolled fenders. Without the modified fenders, the offsets would work perfectly.
Old 11-14-05, 08:30 PM
redbaron
Pole Position

Default Oh Boy

I must be getting old cause im not feeling that low car at all. To me, it looks sorta VIP, Rice, Mexican, and Ghetto. - No racism implied here guys. Somehow it takes away from the luxury look. Especially when I hear that the handling is not so good, well to each their own. Everyone else loves the look, so good job.

Peace
B

Last edited by redbaron; 11-14-05 at 08:36 PM.
Old 11-14-05, 08:47 PM
LEXISM
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by redbaron
I must be getting old cause im not feeling that low car at all. To me, it looks sorta VIP, Rice, Mexican, and Ghetto. - No racism implied here guys. Somehow it takes away from the luxury look. Especially when I hear that the handling is not so good, well to each their own. Everyone else loves the look, so good job.

Peace
B
I gotta say some thing here ...Mexican? what are you saying? No racism? you might want to read your comment again.... DumbA$$

sorry guys
Old 11-14-05, 08:55 PM
rgarjr
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by redbaron

Peace
B
Old 11-14-05, 08:56 PM
redbaron
Pole Position

Default Please accept my apology

Please let me explain myself.

The reason I said "No Racism meant here", is because i didnt know how it would be taken. If you knew me, you would know that I have lots of close Hispanic friends. My brother - in - law is Mexican and I love the culture. Im asian, but I do not take the comment that a car is "RICE" personally. OR if someone says a car is Ghetto looking, that it implies the driver is Poor.

It is just a way of describing a car using terms which are used up here in Seattle. Perhaps its derogatory, and if so, im sorry.

Once again, I dont mean anything hateful by my comment.

Can we all just get along.

Peace out
b

Originally Posted by LEXISM
I gotta say some thing here ...Mexican? what are you saying? No racism? you might want to read your comment again.... DumbA$$

sorry guys
Old 11-14-05, 09:21 PM
flipside909
Lexus Connoisseur

Received 533 Likes on 282 Posts

Wow and the owner of the car is not even Mexican? Those comments are way out of line.

Be a little bit more sensitive to who you are trying to convey here since this forum is based out of Southern California...not that it matters but there are all nationalities that are represented here...and globally! But in all seriousness no need to call out nationalities
Old 11-15-05, 09:42 AM
DaveGS4
Forum Administrator

Received 2,259 Likes on 1,372 Posts

Guys, Redbaron has apologized and I'd caution him to use a better choice of wording in expressing his viewpoint in the future.

Lets get this thread back on topic please with no more replies to his post. Continued responses to his post may let try out that nifty new 24 hour ban feature of the forum
Old 11-15-05, 01:39 PM
00lexondub
Lexus Champion

maybe u should edit your orginal comment so there will be no farther discusiion

btw.. the car is look fantastic and i really am liking the air sispensiopn .. looks like the wheels are a perfect fit for the suspension/car...
i think its very vip lookin .. also i liuke what you did w/ front bumper.. looks to be a stock bumper witha greddy lip molded.. is that right?

Last edited by 00lexondub; 11-15-05 at 02:16 PM.
Old 11-15-05, 01:51 PM
svt5150
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Greddy molded with personal touches. Filled in middle.
Old 11-15-05, 02:16 PM
00lexondub
Lexus Champion

thats what i meant.. i dont think blitz even makes one.. i corece dmy misrtke
Old 11-15-05, 08:02 PM
jtanoyo1
Lexus Champion

Guys, just so you know, the airrunner air suspension is based of the Toyota Harrier AIRS suspension system which is very much OEM toyota. You don't have to worry about the airbags popping or breaking under high speed because I am sure Toyota parts are meant to take much more abuse than that.

Yes, I barely drove the car after the air susp and the turbo upgrade, but I did take my car from time to time at high speeds in the highway as well as some crappy roads that we got here and never once I have any doubt of the airrunner capabilities. Heck I think I even remember seeing a video clip from Japan of a guy with the airrunner system is one of his drift cars doing donuts and drifts in an empty parking lot.

Like I said, don't worry, adrian and poyet, I have huge faith in the airrunner system.
Old 11-15-05, 08:03 PM
jtanoyo1
Lexus Champion

Oh and by the way, what's wrong with lookin' VIP? I think it's taking over CL by a landslide.....

Quick Reply: No boxes here, just a few new parts on the car =)