GS - 2nd Gen (1998-2005) Discussion about the second generation GS300, GS400 and GS430 (1998 - 2005)

Us Made Vip Aristo Body Kit

Search this Thread

Old 11-21-05, 11:42 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 190 Likes on 148 Posts

Originally Posted by Cannonbear
its funny that some people will argue for the need to pay more to mod their car because they're driving a lexus but then haggle for the cheapest price in the classfieds.
i don't see the relationship at all? let's not talk about mods, let's talk about just buying cars.

you want luxury and quality, you look at lexus. you will bargain for a good price on *lexus*, but you will not ask where you can find a lexus for the price of a corolla.

see the difference? at least me, i am willing to pay, and i have a good idea about what ball park i have to pay. but that doesn't mean i will pay whatever
Old 11-21-05, 12:32 PM
V8_Aristo
Bippu

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by rominl
i don't see the relationship at all? let's not talk about mods, let's talk about just buying cars.

you want luxury and quality, you look at lexus. you will bargain for a good price on *lexus*, but you will not ask where you can find a lexus for the price of a corolla.

see the difference? at least me, i am willing to pay, and i have a good idea about what ball park i have to pay. but that doesn't mean i will pay whatever
Amen to that! Even if you want the best things in the world, you don't have to be a sucker to get it.
Old 11-21-05, 04:36 PM
Memoryfab
Rookie

VIP style or lifestyle from my understanding..

Modifying your car to represent a luxury and executive lifestyle. Whether you want it cheap or expensive, stock height or rubbing the ground as long as it forms around that it should be by nature of that purpose.

Everybody else telling you what things to buy or how to modify your car to become VIP is just making money off of you or buying into the same ol marketing scheme setup by companies and individuals alike.
Old 11-21-05, 06:30 PM
V8_Aristo
Bippu

Originally Posted by Memoryfab
VIP style or lifestyle from my understanding..

Modifying your car to represent a luxury and executive lifestyle. Whether you want it cheap or expensive, stock height or rubbing the ground as long as it forms around that it should be by nature of that purpose.
Sorry Memoryfab, but I'm not exactly comprehending what you are trying to say.

Are you trying to say that, it doesn't matter what kind of parts goes on the car. Just as long as it's done for the purpose of that nature? The nature of a luxurious executive lifestyle?

I'm sorry, I even lost myself there . Can you just elaborate please?
Old 11-21-05, 07:03 PM
GSoup
Lexus Fanatic

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

"JunctionProduce-03-13-2004, 11:03 AM
VIP Style is more a culture more than a style. What makes a VIP Car is the car itself. Using Aristos, Celsiors, Majestas, Crowns, Presidents, Cimas, Centurys, and other high end Japanese car is usually what makes it VIP. Not really how you fix it up. If you ask different companies what VIP is, you will get different answer. Junction Produce will have a different idea of what VIP Style is rather another VIP Style company. Junction Produce would think a VIP Style car is one that a Yakuza member drives.

VIP Style has been around for years in Japan. To say they are copying what rappers or pimps do is pretty much saying that we should give those sideshow guys credit for drifting... Its apples and oranges. Its sick that those guys in the 70s fixed up their caddys and all, but VIP Style isn't about showing their bling, just about showing rebellious spirit. The DUB movement here is different than what the VIP Style is. Junction Produce has been open for more than a few years now, and they were in the forefront of VIP Style movement.

here is the Junction Produce USA Demo Car
http://www.vipstylecars.com/Chauncey/JPSD2.jpg

another site that was recently made for the VIP Style is www.vipstylecars.com . Check out the forums to see discussions about what VIP Style is..."

JP's take on it courtesy of...
http://www.drifting.com/forums/showt...2&page=2&pp=15

Last edited by GSoup; 11-21-05 at 07:10 PM.
Old 11-21-05, 07:04 PM
G Star
Lexus Test Driver

Received 47 Likes on 35 Posts

Originally Posted by rominl
umm.... i hate to say, but you are modding a lexus gs. you want vip jdm stuff all the way from japan and you don't want to pay a reasonable premium?
I bet you can't last a week in the sc300/400 section.
Old 11-21-05, 07:06 PM
G Star
Lexus Test Driver

Received 47 Likes on 35 Posts

Originally Posted by V8_Aristo
Amen to that! Even if you want the best things in the world, you don't have to be a sucker to get it.
Well said to henry and poyet.
Just wished more people thought and understood the market like this.
Old 11-21-05, 07:31 PM
V8_Aristo
Bippu

Junction Produce would think a VIP Style car is one that a Yakuza member drives.
Does somebody here know of a website or gallery that has different Yakuza member's car?

Seriously though, VIP Style will never be understood by the masses. Not only does the acronym "VIP" has it's own meaning here in the US when it come cars, but it's also a lifestyle from another culture that is far different than our western cultures. And that my friends are the apples and oranges of it