GS - 2nd Gen (1998-2005) Discussion about the second generation GS300, GS400 and GS430 (1998 - 2005)

Someone's got a new car...

Search this Thread

Old 07-28-01, 12:30 PM
mumbles
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up

ME!
Yep, after months of shopping, I'm the proud owner of a 2K Black on Black GS4, and I guess an official member of CL instead of a wannabe.
What a car, so smooth and quiet it's hard to believe this is a V8! And beautifiul, whew, let me tell you. I had to literally wade through the car salesmen when I went to check it out. I expected the worst; the car was located a Carmax in Orlando, I'm in Atlanta, and couldn't imagine why someone would trade/sell a car of this caliber to Carmax rather than a Lexus dealer??? But, I took a chance, put down $150, they put the car on a flat-bed and trucked it up to Atlanta. The car is nearly perfect! Less than 18K miles, no door dings, only a couple of tiny rock chips on the hood... heck, it still has the plastic film on the Lexus rocker panel covers!
Sorry for the length of the message, but I'm pretty excited! Here's the first pic of my new baby;
Old 07-28-01, 12:46 PM
enginyr
Banned

Mind posting what you paid....I too am looking for a GS400. Private Message, IF YOU MUST
Old 07-28-01, 12:49 PM
bitkahuna
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,484 Likes on 1,632 Posts

mumbles, way to go man! Sounds like a great ride you bought.

Do you think you might do anything to it? Time frame?

Does it have nav, nak, or premium package?

Anyway, way to go! I think we met at one of the meets, right? What were you driving then?
Old 07-28-01, 12:51 PM
tinygs
Lexus Test Driver

Sweet ride....Good choice!!!! Your happiness is just beginning, you will find new things about this car daily that will keep you smiling....Tiny
Old 07-28-01, 12:53 PM
LexusRules
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

congrats on the new lex, now you know why we love these cars so much!!
Old 07-28-01, 04:29 PM
D-MAN63
Lexus Champion

let me put my sunglasses on The shinyness is hurting my eyes.
Old 07-28-01, 04:43 PM
mumbles
Lexus Test Driver

- enginyr, I paid the "no haggle" price of $37,988, which I felt was a pretty good deal considering the cheapest GS I had found up until that point was $45K.

- Paul, we met at the meet before last, in fact, you used to have a pic of my "fat butt" on your web site :eek: As far as mods, I'll start with suspension fairly soon as well as stereo stuff which I already have. Nav would have been nice, but wasn't a must have, so I have the Pioneer system. My only real requirement was low miles and a clean vehicle, which I believe I got. Since it's black, I'm going to get some Zaino and probably some xpel or 3M clear film to protect the paint.

- Tiny & Sasha, you are both correct, the car has me smiling now and I expect I'll continue for quite some time.
Old 07-29-01, 11:21 AM
enginyr
Banned

That is pretty high $ for L.A. but who knows the condition of the GS. Sweeet pic (SO MUCH POTENTIAL)
I got my eye on this 98 GS400 silver/nav/hid but can't get anyone to buy my 98 camaro at a reasonable price.
I lower the price to $12,000...I pasted the link below but don't forget to turn your speakers up.

http://www.geocities.com/scottarbiv/...age/steve.html

Old 07-29-01, 09:48 PM
Brian S
Lead Lap

Good choice on color! It looks great in the pic. I hope to get mine that shiny with Zaino if the body shop every gets the color of my bumper correct.

Brian
Old 07-29-01, 10:23 PM
JPritch
Rookie

Thumbs up Tight!!

Nice *** car!!!

IMO, the black/black color combo is the best you can get on the GS.

You picked a good one!

JPritch
Old 07-29-01, 10:46 PM
whitediamond
Pole Position

Default Ahhhh, the Lexus experience is now yours

A beautiful steed indeed . Welcome to the FAMILY my friend. An elite group bonded by superior intelligence and superior weaponry. Together we shall fight the cause that has sinned mankind. Together we will kill the scurge of humanity. Together we will make you faster, handle better, and into a killing machine. Together we will bring down thy enemy- The BMW. No need to work our way up-we shall start with the 540. We shall pounce it, kick it, spit upon it, wring it's neck, and when the 540 screams "UNCLE!UNCLE!, we will take a step back and absorb the moment frozen in time and smile. Welcome to the experience. It now begins..........Now let's ride......

:eek:

Last edited by whitediamond; 07-29-01 at 10:51 PM.
Old 07-30-01, 01:25 AM
Jazziz
Driver

Congrats Mumbles. One question though, What About Max?
Old 07-30-01, 06:34 AM
mumbles
Lexus Test Driver

Talking

Thanks for all the compliments guys, I hope I can live up to the high standards you all have set... I'll sure try! My morning commute was quite a pleasure, very quiet and comfortable, power on demand... not the "drive it like you stole it" technique I used in my Maxima.
JPritch & Brian S, I was a little hesitant to get another black car knowing how difficult they are to maintain, but one look and common sense went out the window... must be a guy thing!
whitediamond... interesting comments, pretty hardcore, but I like! I can picture you with a long cape flowing in the wind, hands on hips, and a big L on your chest... LexusMan, truth, justice, and the ultimate car
Frank, the Max will be sold (kinda sorry to see her go), as soon as I pull all the mods off her... too bad they won't transfer to the GS
Cheers
Old 07-30-01, 06:36 AM
LexusRules
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

whitediamond, i dont know where all this BMW hatred came from... BUT I LIKE IT!!!
Old 07-30-01, 08:58 AM
whitediamond
Pole Position

Default Not at all

I do not dislike BMW's at all. Im just having some fun. So I hope LexLady,Kkelly here do not take it to heart. Im sure they know its just in good fun from my previous post. But still....im in a Lexus

In the deepness of night, if you happen to gaze up at the full moon and see a small shadow lurking in the caverns scanning the highways-beware BMW owners-and prey I have not seen you yet. If I have, then run,run for your very life. Because I will chase you down you coward. Chase you to the edge of land, and when I catch you-and I WILL catch you, I will beat your 540 into submission. When I am through and you are curling up in the corner screaming ,"NO!!! ,Im sorry,Lexus rules", I will throw a AAA towing card at you so that you can get back to spread the word to your fellow Bummer owners.