GS - 2nd Gen (1998-2005) Discussion about the second generation GS300, GS400 and GS430 (1998 - 2005)

VIP cars

Search this Thread

Old 07-30-01, 11:01 AM
GlobeCLK
Lexus Fanatic

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally posted by genearch
Here's an old "VIP" link I saved:

VIP Cars on Geocities
thanks for the great link!

Guys, notice the type of cars listed? Q45 GS LS etc. etc. Some would say the GS is VIP and that's somewhat true, depending on who's defining VIP. But keep in mind that even a riced out LS with a buncha stickers and a touring wing can be called a VIP car still, because IT'S THE CAR NOT THE TYPE OF MODS!!!:eek:
Old 07-30-01, 11:51 AM
UnderCoverSupra

That's tite!!!! but the high wing has to go IMO,reminds me of wild looking civics but if I saw it in street,u bess baleezzz I ain't bout to knock it

does the ride in my sig qualify for rice ,shrimp fried rice ,or vip?

Old 07-30-01, 12:00 PM
GS4Will
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i would say VIP(may be a slight hint of "steam rice") nothing bad....all good.
my 1st lex was a 93 gs300-back in my "hound" days.

will
Old 07-30-01, 12:14 PM
GlobeCLK
Lexus Fanatic

Originally posted by UnderCoverSupra
That's tite!!!! but the high wing has to go IMO,reminds me of wild looking civics but if I saw it in street,u bess baleezzz I ain't bout to knock it

IMO it would be shrimp fried rice or at least performance luxury rice. Definitely not totally Rice, and it can be qualified as VIP because it's a pretty expensive sedan.
Old 07-30-01, 06:13 PM
LOTC
VIP 様式

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

here are a few more links with VIP kits and show cars.

http://www.admiration.ne.jp/
http://www.junction-produce.co.jp/
http://www.evolution.co.jp
http://member.nifty.ne.jp/VIPCAR/garally.html

Last edited by LOTC; 07-30-01 at 06:16 PM.
Old 07-30-01, 06:20 PM
LOTC
VIP 様式

Oh here is more insite of VIP tunning in japan and how they will go into doing this type of stuff.

http://velocity.isfaster.com/vip/vip.htm[/url]

Also what the heck is that a in that trunk i wonder what size that sub is?

how about that DMX party up beat!

Last edited by LOTC; 07-30-01 at 06:23 PM.
Old 07-30-01, 07:31 PM
2SAVVY
Lexus Champion

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Edogg,

Thats's one big a$$ sub.. My guess it looks like a custom made 40" woofer.. I recall someone telling me some company in Germany (Jamo I think) makes them for concerts or something to that extent.. Either way how the heck did he get that in his car.. Sheesh.. Thanks for the VIP info too!
Old 07-30-01, 07:37 PM
LexusRules
Lexus Champion

i have so much to say... so much so i'll just say

INSANE (but in a good way)
Old 07-30-01, 09:33 PM
Kaban
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Those cars listed on in the link are the REAL VIP's in Japan. I haven't seen any of those on the road in the USA ofcourse.

You see a Q45 with a front lip, skirts, rear skirt, 18inch wheels, normally lowered, STILL VIP
No matter what car it is, wheather a $50k car or $100k car. You just can't take a S600 lowered 1" with AMG kit and calle it VIP. It's not, it is called Luxury Limousine like it's intended it be. If the car is not even SLAMMED no one in Japan will even think it's a VIP. So DO NOT call normal modded cars VIP please.

Personally I would not like my car to be called "VIP" by others (which is another word for RICE in USA) or else 2 cars in our garage would be called VIPs already.

Old 07-30-01, 11:34 PM
GlobeCLK
Lexus Fanatic

it's not that they HAVE TO BE SLAMMED, it's just that they look better.

2 years ago when I went to Japan my uncle took me to a VIP sedan meet at this resting area off the Tokyo Metropolitan Highway C1 (the one in Tokyo Highway Battle). At that times he drives a S600 with a kit and 20inch rims but it's not SLAMMED. at that meet there were alot of VIP sedans but many are not SLAMMED. It's just that that kinda car with kit rims etc modded normally can qualify, not just SLAMMED WITH 26inch rims etc. etc. But everyone judges them differently i guess.
Old 07-31-01, 03:03 AM
Manaray
Lexus Fanatic

Modded Mercedes are most definitely considered VIP...however, in Japan, most Mercedes guys tend to stick with other Mercedes owners (remember, our cars are just "domestic" cars over there...like Chevys and Fords here...but more reliable)...

Like Globe said, VIP is the type of car. Luxury Sedans is what they consider VIP...

The Toyota Celsior (LS400/430), Nissan Cima (Q45), Nissan President, Toyota Aristo (GS300/400/430) and Nissan Cedric/Gloria (we don't get these bad-*** cars) are at the top of the food chain...

What's REALLY funny are the fixed up mini-vans in Japan (Vanning)...talk about scary...I'd rather be hit by a Ford Expedition than one of these mini-vans with 50K lbs of bondo "aerodynamics" slapped on 'em...

Check it out...youz just can't MESS WIT IT!
Attached Thumbnails VIP cars-vanning.jpg  
Old 07-31-01, 03:16 AM
tinygs
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally posted by UnderCoverSupra

It qualifies as awesome regardless!!!!!!!
My first taste of Lexus was in 93'. Me and a buddy rented a GS300 and took it from Austin to South Padre Island(6 hour drive)....It cruised like a Lexus should..just severely underpowered...IMO, that body still looks totally UP TO DATE....If Lexus launched that body in 2002 I think it would be considered sweet!!.......Tiny
Hey guys, what the hell is a Majesta?
Also, is it me, or would all of the rims from that link have to be 11"-14" widths to sport LIPS like those.....What rims are those? They all look like different 5-spoke variations...Thanks

Last edited by tinygs; 07-31-01 at 04:05 AM.
Old 07-31-01, 09:54 PM
UnderCoverSupra

now THAT'S vip
Old 07-31-01, 10:04 PM
LOTC
VIP 様式

Man is that thing should be illegal to have.:eek:

Yeah Tinygs those rims must be wide with those big fat juicy lips on them.Time to pucker up!

You will see this VIP roaming around the streets here in the U.S in a couple of weeks,instead it will be a white one
http://www.admiration.ne.jp/admiration/celsior-1.html

Last edited by LOTC; 07-31-01 at 10:09 PM.
Old 07-31-01, 10:27 PM
GlobeCLK
Lexus Fanatic

Originally posted by edogg
Man is that thing should be illegal to have.:eek:

Yeah Tinygs those rims must be wide with those big fat juicy lips on them.Time to pucker up!

You will see this VIP roaming around the streets here in the U.S in a couple of weeks,instead it will be a white one
http://www.admiration.ne.jp/admiration/celsior-1.html
the first known VIP Celsior on ClubLexus! Heh heh.

AW THAT VAN!
I've considered persuading my parents into buying a Van for the family, then I would put a wide bodykit and a huge wing to make it look like those Japanese Wagon vans.

Quick Reply: VIP cars