GS - 2nd Gen (1998-2005) Discussion about the second generation GS300, GS400 and GS430 (1998 - 2005)

2001 GS430 PHOTO - Factory Options - NO MODS

Search this Thread

Old 07-29-01, 07:58 PM
lexguynj
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I just wanted to post a pic of a 2001 GS430 - Factory Options - NO MODS. I still think it's a beautiful car without the mods.

For all your fellow owners & future buyers, this will give you a good idea, since most of the other photos out there are moded rides.

Stock GS430 with

17" Factory Wheels
Factory Spoiler
ML AUDIO & NAV of course can't be seen.
I think the sweeter view is from the front too.
Silver with Gray Leather Interior
Lexus 3D License Plate Frame - Can't see it too clearly, but a great option to buy from autoattire.com
Clublexus sticker on the rear windshield of course!

Love this car.

Attached Thumbnails 2001 GS430 PHOTO - Factory Options - NO MODS-gs430.jpg  
Old 07-29-01, 08:49 PM
D-MAN63
Lexus Champion

That is one sweet ride man ! Your tempting me to trade my car in now

How many miles you got on this baby? The engine isn't broken into yet, so you still got more speed to come
Old 07-30-01, 06:40 AM
mumbles
Lexus Test Driver

Yes indeed, a very beautiful car! Do you plan on any mods? With cars that look this good stock, it's hard to know where to start... if at all
Old 07-30-01, 07:09 AM
lexguynj
Lexus Test Driver

Originally posted by mumbles
Yes indeed, a very beautiful car! Do you plan on any mods? With cars that look this good stock, it's hard to know where to start... if at all
Hey Mumbles thanks for the kind words. You are right, when stock looks so good, it's tough to make any modifications to it. But I am sure there is always something better out there, but this car is costing me an arm and a leg and no more money to spend :-(

Besides any mods have to get approval from the real boss of the household, my wife! So it's not going to happen for a long time. You know when you are married, any large purchase has to be run by the wife for approval and it's usually rejected when it comes to guy stuff! HA!

Old 07-30-01, 07:17 AM
lexguynj
Lexus Test Driver

Originally posted by DIESELMAN63
That is one sweet ride man ! Your tempting me to trade my car in now

How many miles you got on this baby? The engine isn't broken into yet, so you still got more speed to come
DIESEL, always good hearing from you my friend. 2,200 miles on the car so far and loving each and every mile of course.

However, based on your signature specs, 20" rims, you have a pretty amazing car already. Any photos of your baby? Love to see those 20" Rims. You will be my mentor if I can afford any more mods in the future!

Thanks again for the compliments!

Old 07-30-01, 07:38 AM
mumbles
Lexus Test Driver

Hehe, lexguynj, you are preaching to the choir my friend! I've been married for 16 years, and have 4 kids, so getting approval for anything can be tough. I must admit that my wife is very understanding, and as long as the bills get paid she's cool... as such I try not to take advantage of her generosity, but sometimes...
Old 07-30-01, 03:04 PM
lexguynj
Lexus Test Driver

Hehe, lexguynj, you are preaching to the choir my friend! I've been married for 16 years, and have 4 kids, so getting approval for anything can be tough. I must admit that my wife is very understanding, and as long as the bills get paid she's cool... as such I try not to take advantage of her generosity, but sometimes...
WOW! 16 Years! That is great. 4 years here. You learn pretty fast who really makes the decisions around the house! HA! Sometimes women just don't understand our facination with cars and therefore the argument is a losing battle. I remember in my fomer 99TL, I had the Sport Shift of Autostick and she was just laughing at me as I shifted through the gears. I kept telling her about the improvement in acceleration and feeling more connected with the car with the Sport Shift and more rolling upwards of the eyes followed. This is due to that she taught me how to drive stick in the first place and she thinks this SS is fake stick. Ahh sometimes you can never win! Maybe this is why I am on clublexus all the time, to get away from it all! HA!

Trending Topics

Old 07-30-01, 03:12 PM
lexguynj
Lexus Test Driver

WOW! 16 Years! That is great. 4 years here. You learn pretty fast who really makes the decisions around the house! HA! Sometimes women just don't understand our facination with cars and therefore the argument is a losing battle. I remember in my fomer 99TL, I had the Sport Shift of Autostick and she was just laughing at me as I shifted through the gears. I kept telling her about the improvement in acceleration and feeling more connected with the car with the Sport Shift and more rolling upwards of the eyes followed. This is due to that she taught me how to drive stick in the first place and she thinks this SS is fake stick. Ahh sometimes you can never win! Maybe this is why I am on clublexus all the time, to get away from it all! HA!

Old 07-30-01, 03:30 PM
///MDex
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Question

Any interior pics yet?

I'm thinking about upgrading some of my interior pieces and was curious what the new stock pieces look like.

TIA

Old 07-30-01, 03:39 PM
lexguynj
Lexus Test Driver

Originally posted by Dexter
Any interior pics yet?

I'm thinking about upgrading some of my interior pieces and was curious what the new stock pieces look like.

TIA

DEXTER, I'll work on it. Are you looking for anything in particular? Probably not much different than your current one. But I'll post them soon!
Old 07-30-01, 03:57 PM
///MDex
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

The 3 hole piece around the dash, some of the trim around the center console, basically, where a wood kit would go.

That's what I'm considering, not installing the full kit really, but want to see what the new pieces look like in case I decide to go another route to get from the dealer.

Thanks; beautiful ride BTW!
Old 07-30-01, 05:22 PM
lexguynj
Lexus Test Driver

Default Dexter - More interior pics per your request

DEXTER,

SHIFTER+CUP HOLDER
Attached Thumbnails 2001 GS430 PHOTO - Factory Options - NO MODS-gs430-shifter-cup.jpg  
Old 07-30-01, 05:26 PM
lexguynj
Lexus Test Driver

Default NAV SCREEN

NAV SCREEN
Attached Thumbnails 2001 GS430 PHOTO - Factory Options - NO MODS-gs430-nav.jpg  
Old 07-30-01, 05:32 PM
lexguynj
Lexus Test Driver

PANEL#1
Attached Thumbnails 2001 GS430 PHOTO - Factory Options - NO MODS-gs430-panel1.jpg  
Old 07-30-01, 05:33 PM
lexguynj
Lexus Test Driver

Last one Panel#2

Sorry I need to get a better digital camera. And try to resize these images. Hope this helps!
Attached Thumbnails 2001 GS430 PHOTO - Factory Options - NO MODS-gs430-panel2.jpg  

Quick Reply: 2001 GS430 PHOTO - Factory Options - NO MODS