GS - 2nd Gen (1998-2005) Discussion about the second generation GS300, GS400 and GS430 (1998 - 2005)

Weapon R intake

Search this Thread

Old 08-01-01, 09:35 PM
RacingAristo

y2kgs,

do you have the link for weapon R?
Old 08-01-01, 09:53 PM
y2kgs
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Here is the link to Weapon R>http://www.weapon-r.com
They have moved to a bigger location so here is their new number 650-877-8280
I can setup a group buy if everyone wants to get in.
Old 08-02-01, 07:06 AM
MrHorse
Pole Position

Default Dyno..

Is the Apexi tuning done? How about a Dyno chart with gains / numbers? Also, what's the total cost of the setup?

Thanks..
Old 08-02-01, 08:01 PM
y2kgs
Pole Position

No dyno yet but soon like this week so stay tune
Old 08-03-01, 11:08 AM
MrHorse
Pole Position

Default Couldn't wait..

I had itchy fingers and called Mo at SRT. He gave me an excellent deal on his intake / ECU combo. I couldn't resist. Gave him my CC#.. Waiting for the box.

I'm still very interested in the gains that Weapon R / Apex-i will add to the GS4. Please keep us posted!
Old 08-03-01, 03:06 PM
gsintensive
Lexus Test Driver

hehe Mr. Horse, you'd be surprised. even the weapon R /Apexi combo is strong enough. that's why SRT is coming out a new performance ECU? (how about their old one in the current HFI?)

stay tuned. =D
Old 08-03-01, 03:22 PM
tinygs
Lexus Test Driver

You guys are killing me here....Im dying to know what you have up your sleeve....Make sure you post right after testing on Sat ok???? I think we are all looking forward to the results and hopefully more toys that we can buy....Tiny
Old 08-03-01, 04:17 PM
RacingAristo

I won't install SRT HFI/ECU before I see some dyno for Weapon R and APEXi combo. Come on~
Old 08-04-01, 01:22 AM
y2kgs
Pole Position

Here is the update on what is going on for now. It seems that different shops have different numbers for the GS4 and what the stock dyno is. RMM states that its 249HP & 245TQ stock. SRT states that its 226HP & 235TQ stock. Also from a indepentant study, they have found that the stock GS4 is 249HP & 245TQ stock which leads me to believe that it is 249HP & 245TQ.
Weapon R has decided to run there own test for the GS4 <stock,SRT,Weapon R> during this coming week. Hope you understand its very important to get the real reading so everyone can compare them to one another.
Forgot to mention about car right
well, we only ran one test given the above issue but lets just say it runs strong for now. It needs to be tune more and run some more dyno testing but all that well happen soon. I am very happy with the results for now but will be retune again soon.
Old 08-04-01, 02:41 AM
tinygs
Lexus Test Driver

Results????????????????????????? Tiny
Old 08-06-01, 02:30 AM
Intellexual
Lead Lap

I cant wait to see the dynos of the stock GS, SRT and Weapon R.

The dyno readings from SRT sound abnormally low...and I'm sure a lot of people would like confirmation of what a STOCK stock GS puts out.

Y2kGS, I'm sort of confused. Are you currently running the Weapon-R intake w/ the Stage 1 Ram Air Kit or Stage 2 Cold Ram Air? or both? Do you have to purchase both Stage's in order to get the Cold Air kit?

You say your car is "running strong." Is this just with the Weapon-R intake with no upgraded ECU yet? If so, I guess the Weapon-R intake does not have the problems associated with the RMM intake where more air intake actually decreases performance because the fuel isn't compensated for the increase? This would be good news...

Also, the Weapon-R site claims the Cold Air set up is 'safe', but does it have any problems relating to the ones AEM had, with water getting sucked up into the engine? AEM had to release a by-pass valve to solve this problem (which is now being recalled, I believe). What I'm asking is this: is there any component of the Weapon-R Cold air set up that is near the fender and has the possibility of sucking up water while going through a puddle on a rainy day?

Anyways, can't wait to see your dyno results!
A group buy on the intakes would be great.

Personally, I'm hoping that the Weapon-R intake w/ cold air will net me 10-20 HP without having to put the Apexi s-afc or some sort of ECU on my car, but thats just me.
Old 08-06-01, 09:23 AM
Maxedout1
Rookie

Thumbs up Yeah! Thumbs up!

Hey guys, just wanted to put my 2 cents in this thread. Last week, had Y2kGS help me install the Weapon R intake (He really did all the work!) By the way, Y2kGS "THANKS". I own a GS300 2001 and really notice the HP gain! A+++

The only problem I have is slight "Whining sound" from the Intake. I'll be putting in the COLD Air stage soon. I know some of you guys like that "Hummmm" sound!
Old 08-06-01, 01:26 PM
y2kgs
Pole Position

Intellexual,

I think everyone wants to see the results of a stock GS dyno but I am sure that its 249hp as two different shops ran. Doesn't matter cause we are going to run them all this week.
There are three stages of the intake. stage 1 is just the intake itself. stage II is the cold air ram and stage III adds a cover on the filter to allow only cold air to get in. I tested all the stages and in order and yes each stage helps out a lot. I love this intake why cause it works. As for the problem your are talking about with the AEM from other companies I am not sure cuz given that I never used them before so can't say anything about that. As for the intake adding 10+HP itself, I am sure that it does cause my car felt better when I installed the Weapon R intake compare to SRT.
Right now I am running stage III intake along with the ECU.
I will let all of you know when all tests are complate
Old 08-06-01, 06:27 PM
CamRen
Lexus Champion

huh??? guys iim really confused....... i read the road & track tests and it said the gs400 puts out 300hp stock and my 98 gs300 puts out 225hp stock.... so wuts all this crap about a gs400 putting out 249hp??? its it a v8?? oh and how much USD$ is this apexi ecu??
Old 08-06-01, 06:44 PM
LexusRules
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

we're talking in rear wheel HP

Quick Reply: Weapon R intake