GS - 2nd Gen (1998-2005) Discussion about the second generation GS300, GS400 and GS430 (1998 - 2005)

Weapon R intake

Search this Thread

Old 07-30-01, 03:56 PM
y2kgs
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Smile

Hey Everyone,

Just want to let everyone here know that the Weapon R intake is ready for the GS300/400. The GS 430 will be done this week. I will not post any HP gain for now but looks great. Stay tune cause in a week or two a add on to the intake will be posted for more HP gain.
The Weapon R intake system is available in Red,Blue,Yellow and Chrome along with the add-on of the cold air ram.
Old 07-30-01, 07:10 PM
LexusRules
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

yea and i ordered it too so i'll tell you how it is when i measure with the G-tech, i'll measure in G-force improvments since thats the most accurate meassurement, maybe i'll do a dyno tune too... you never know when it comes to me!
Old 07-30-01, 07:50 PM
bitkahuna
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,372 Likes on 1,557 Posts

Originally posted by LexusRules
yea and i ordered it too so i'll tell you how it is when i measure with the G-tech, i'll measure in G-force improvments since thats the most accurate meassurement, maybe i'll do a dyno tune too... you never know when it comes to me!
Hey Sasha, cool. Can you tell me why you ordered this intake over the Swift one? I think I heard the Weapon R one doesn't have a piggyback ECU, so I was wondering if it might end up with the same problem I heard the RMM one has, that is the engine's getting more air, but the performance goes down because there's no more fuel getting in the mix.

Thanks, and good luck!
Old 07-30-01, 07:57 PM
y2kgs
Pole Position

bitkahuna,

Lets put it this way, Weapon R did a dyno on the IS300 and got 8HP gain and once added the cold air ram. Total gain was 16HP with the ECU. If anything, the GS3 has the same motor as the IS so the gain should be the same.
I am also running the weapon R intake on my GS4 and the power feels great. Runs better tooo
Old 07-30-01, 09:19 PM
RacingAristo

Yo Sasha,

Are you gonna do the Weapon R intake/APEXi S-AFC combo?
Old 07-30-01, 09:59 PM
LexusRules
Lexus Champion

hey guys, yea well thanks to my friend SilverGSguy i can do the apex S-afc since he did it, has had no problems and can give me the numbers, this way i save 300 bucks i would have had to spend on tuning!! so i can afford it with my next pay check i get from my job!! i cant wait!!

MAD MAD PROPS TO SILVERGSGUY!!!
Old 07-31-01, 07:26 AM
bitkahuna
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,372 Likes on 1,557 Posts
Question

Interesting stuff, thanks everyone. So the big question: Why get the Weapon R intake instead of Swift's?

(I guess Weapon R makes an ECU as well from the posts. I'll have to dig into this some more.)
Old 07-31-01, 07:55 AM
LexusRules
Lexus Champion

IMO weapon R looks better and its much cheaper, for me getting Weapon R and the apexi will be:

a) cheaper
b) much better looking (in the engine and interior)
c) more tunability
d) the apex'i unit will stay as long as the car
e) more power than SRT

i'm sorry mo and SRT that i didn't choose your product, but this one for me is better just because of the tunability, and the weapon r looks, plus i'll get more power...

bit: the answer is weapon R and Apexi make for more power for cheaper, thats all
Old 07-31-01, 09:43 PM
daku
Driver School Candidate

Default newbie question....

Hey guys,

** Newbie question! **

In reading various posts on the site, I've noticed a few references to intake noise. I had presumed that most of the noise that a car makes would be coming from the exhaust and that the intake was, for the most part, silent. Is this wrong? Does anyone know which of these two is louder?

Also Sasha, from what it seems, the SRT combo falls in price to circa $600 often. When you say that the Weapon-R is 300 bucks cheaper, are you referring from the $600 range or the "MSRP" price? I can't imagine this bad boy going for close to $300...

(I'm glad this thread came up.... I had been wondering about the difference between the two for a while....)

Thanks guys!
Old 07-31-01, 10:03 PM
RacingAristo

In my experience, aftermarket exhuasts are usually louder than aftermarket intake. For example, REMUS and AEM for my bimmer.
Old 07-31-01, 10:43 PM
y2kgs
Pole Position

The Weapon R intake is not as loud as Swift's intake.
As for the price, yes its much lower and maybe can set-up a broup buy for them. Just remember that you can add such things like the APEXI to gain more HP. Just wait cause I know that they are working on something now but more info. to follow this SAT.
Old 08-01-01, 07:02 AM
LexusRules
Lexus Champion

since i live in canada the $680 for the intake GROWS FAST!! after shipping and customs i'd be over 1K no doubt!

the dragon was only $200US and then i'm gettin an AFC here for $700CAN, but i would really like to know what this think Y2KGS has, i doubt it would be reliable as the AFC since its brand new... sorry man, but dont worry i'll wait n e ways
Old 08-01-01, 10:52 AM
sypc
Rookie

Question

What is apex S-afc ??? thanx

Peter
Old 08-01-01, 11:48 AM
RacingAristo

Originally posted by sypc
What is apex S-afc ??? thanx

Peter
adjustable ECU.
Old 08-01-01, 09:32 PM
daku
Driver School Candidate

Originally posted by y2kgs
The Weapon R intake is not as loud as Swift's intake.
As for the price, yes its much lower and maybe can set-up a broup buy for them. Just remember that you can add such things like the APEXI to gain more HP. Just wait cause I know that they are working on something now but more info. to follow this SAT.
Thanks!

Quick Reply: Weapon R intake