GS - 2nd Gen (1998-2005) Discussion about the second generation GS300, GS400 and GS430 (1998 - 2005)

someone messed with my car!

Search this Thread

Old 12-08-05, 12:01 PM
Rexdr
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by DASHOCKER
But no one stepped to him. He just suspects someone and did not see the person do it . I would not recommend he confront the person. Is it worth your family and career to go to jail over a smear of butter on your car?
Maybe it's just me. I don't have a problem discussing an issue with someone. I didn't say go punch him. I meant go talk to the guy. Who said anything about fighting or jail? But, if you can't handle yourself, then just let it go.
Old 12-08-05, 12:05 PM
DASHOCKER
Lexus Fanatic

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by Rexdr
Maybe it's just me. I don't have a problem discussing an issue with someone. I didn't say go punch him. I meant go talk to the guy. Who said anything about fighting or jail? But, if you can't handle yourself, then just let it go.
You never know the mindset of another person. The other guy may turn into a hot head if confronted. Im not saying our buddy here would be a hot head.
Old 12-08-05, 02:35 PM
TexasGS
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Well if the guy did it again and you could prove it, I think a confrontation would be in order. I think it would depend if person is some young punk or an adult. I think if it were an adult and he was busted doing it, the situation would end right there. As for a young punk doing it and you confronting him... you may need to be ready to throw down.
Old 12-08-05, 02:42 PM
tone
Lead Lap

butter?.... what ever happened to broken windows and being keyed?.... if i were you id go up to the guy and shake his hand "thank you for spreading butter on my car and not keying it, i love you" but hey....thats just me.
Old 12-08-05, 03:04 PM
e-man
Lead Lap

Received 43 Likes on 34 Posts

I would smear cream cheese (or jelly, your choice) on his car in the exact same place as you got butter on your car and call it a day.

Just kidding. I'd leave it be and be thankful that it wasn't a caustic substance or a key mark. Someone once put gum on my rear window. I thought I knew who it was, but I wasn't completely sure. I decided that because it was just gum and, more importantly, because it was on the glass and not on the paint, I would just leave it alone.
Old 12-08-05, 04:29 PM
rbeermann
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

he's a punk 19yo kid. i confronted him about something else in the past and he ran. (maybe this is why i got country crock on my car). last confrontation, he spilled a tub of beer on my front door and i made him mop it up with bleach.

this is the price you have to pay living in apartments i guess. thinking about it now, i'm glad that it wasn't a broken window or something worse.
Old 12-08-05, 06:39 PM
merlin70
Driver

Originally Posted by tone
butter?.... what ever happened to broken windows and being keyed?.... if i were you id go up to the guy and shake his hand "thank you for spreading butter on my car and not keying it, i love you" but hey....thats just me.
LOL yeah I have to agree, it could have been a lot worse. Some apartments can be bad back when I was young like you guys I had a car broken into twice and another one stolen in three years of apartment living.

If you confront he might feel like he has to escalate and next time he might do something worse. If your car is outside at night it is really hard to control. It only take a couple seconds for someone to screw up your car lot worse than spreading saturated fat on it! Think of it as a paint enriching agent?

Or if you want to be funny put some toast or a bagle on his car.

Blow it off this time but keep an eye out for more tricks.
Old 12-08-05, 08:01 PM
rbeermann
Pole Position

paint-enriching agent...classic
Old 12-08-05, 10:29 PM
sputniknyc
Lexus Test Driver

fondle his girlfriend and his mother

revenge best served chilled
Old 12-09-05, 01:37 AM
FunGuy
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by sputniknyc
fondle his girlfriend and his mother

revenge best served chilled
You left out the kid. Come on, I think he deserves to be fondled too.
Old 12-09-05, 06:22 AM
DASHOCKER
Lexus Fanatic

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by rbeermann
he's a punk 19yo kid. i confronted him about something else in the past and he ran. (maybe this is why i got country crock on my car). last confrontation, he spilled a tub of beer on my front door and i made him mop it up with bleach.

this is the price you have to pay living in apartments i guess. thinking about it now, i'm glad that it wasn't a broken window or something worse.
ok, that changes the dynamics of the whole situation. It is a young punk kid. Put the tub of butter on his head and have him wash your car lol. Nah, just get an a good alarm system. You confront this kid, it will be nothing but more problems. he will always want revenge. Let it go, he will get tired of it.
Old 12-09-05, 07:40 AM
sockfocks
Lexus Test Driver

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by rbeermann
so i go out to my car this morning and i find a big glop of butter on my driver side window. no other cars around me were messed with, so i know that i was singled out. i think i know who it was that did this, but i'm not 100% sure. what would you guys do in this situation? i hate people messing with me or my stuff, and i am not the type of person to let stuff go like this. however, i don't want something worse to happen to the lex in the future. what would be the best way to get revenge (if i can verify who did this)?
BUTTER?...i am totally rolling on the floor on this one...lol, now i've heard it all....if they really wanted to do some damage, they could have. I think its a prank, so just let it slide and if it would make you feel better do a video cam and get evidence, butter is pretty harmless at this point and getting revenge is only gonna escalate the situation.

EDIT..oops...didnt read the whole thread...but...still applies.

Last edited by sockfocks; 12-09-05 at 07:47 AM.
Old 12-09-05, 07:48 AM
GSoup
Lexus Fanatic

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by merlin70
... Or if you want to be funny put some toast or a bagle on his car...
LMAO... a bagel.... or offer him some grey poupon when u drive by in your ride and u see him...
Old 12-10-05, 07:29 AM
daltexlex
Driver

take a smallish potato and stick it as far as you can up his tail pipe. then sit back and enjoy.

or have sex with his girlfriend.