GS - 2nd Gen (1998-2005) Discussion about the second generation GS300, GS400 and GS430 (1998 - 2005)

someone messed with my car!

Search this Thread

Old 12-08-05, 08:05 AM
rbeermann
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default someone messed with my car!

so i go out to my car this morning and i find a big glop of butter on my driver side window. no other cars around me were messed with, so i know that i was singled out. i think i know who it was that did this, but i'm not 100% sure. what would you guys do in this situation? i hate people messing with me or my stuff, and i am not the type of person to let stuff go like this. however, i don't want something worse to happen to the lex in the future. what would be the best way to get revenge (if i can verify who did this)?
Old 12-08-05, 08:15 AM
corkycal
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

let it go..if you find out who did it, talk with them and don't take revenge..it will never die if you do.
Old 12-08-05, 08:38 AM
Rexdr
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by corkycal
let it go..if you find out who did it, talk with them and don't take revenge..it will never die if you do.
I have the same feelings as you rbeerman, but I have to agree with corkycal. I would be inclined to burn that person's car down, even if it was just butter on your car, but that just won't be smart. Next thing you know, you have slashed tires, broken windows, and a keyed door. Take it to his face and speak man to man. That'll scare him away.

edit: oops, switched the names

Last edited by Rexdr; 12-08-05 at 11:58 AM.
Old 12-08-05, 08:41 AM
markgs4
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Let it go...confronting the person you think did it may end up leading to further harm or damage....its just not worth it in this day and age. Safety first, be the bigger person, and hope that kharma will take care of the rest
Old 12-08-05, 08:41 AM
rbeermann
Pole Position

messing with your lex is like messing with your kid. its just too bad this other guy drives a chevy cavalier. i wish he drove something nicer so i could hit him where it hurts
Old 12-08-05, 09:02 AM
STONER
Lexus Test Driver

When I was a little younger, I would have said take him down, but I think the older I get the more I realize what's really at stake if it goes to the next level. Jail sucks.
Old 12-08-05, 09:08 AM
oohpapi44
Lexus Fanatic

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

If you have an idea of the time that it happened, try to set up a video camera to record around the same time. People who get away with stuff usually try to repeat it. If you can capture it on tape, you have ammunition for a restraining order or a lawsuit for damages.
Old 12-08-05, 09:24 AM
cxp2001
Lead Lap

I know how you feel. It could've been worse. If you do something about it, that will start something bigger. I love my Lex as well, but it's just a heavy piece of metal in the end.
Old 12-08-05, 09:26 AM
rbeermann
Pole Position

i guess the best thing to do is to let it go then, but if there is another "incident", its hunting season for me
Old 12-08-05, 09:54 AM
DASHOCKER
Lexus Fanatic

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

You didn't do any girl bad? Get a viper alarm
Old 12-08-05, 11:30 AM
Neo
The One

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Let it go. You are not even sure if it is this person. If it is, like the others said, it won't end. If it isn't, you will just look bad for accusing someone unjustly. Lose-lose.
Old 12-08-05, 11:38 AM
StasGS4
Driver

The best approach to solving any problem is to go back to the beginning. In the future, try to avoid complications like this by not dealing with people of this nature in the beginning.
Old 12-08-05, 11:42 AM
DASHOCKER
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by Rexdr
I have the same feelings as you corkycal, but I have to agree with rbeermann. I would be inclined to burn that person's car down, even if it was just butter on your car, but that just won't be smart. Next thing you know, you have slashed tires, broken windows, and a keyed door. Take it to his face and speak man to man. That'll scare him away.
But no one stepped to him. He just suspects someone and did not see the person do it . I would not recommend he confront the person. Is it worth your family and career to go to jail over a smear of butter on your car?
Old 12-08-05, 11:44 AM
TexasGS
Lexus Test Driver

Yea, I say let it go. I know you would like to take a pound of that butter and smash it into the guys face but it would not be worth it. Clean it up and let it go. Hopefully the guy got his stupidness out of his system. If it happens again, I would then confront the person. That is if you can definately prove the guy did it. But if you confront him, say something like "I know you did the damage and I would appreciate you not doing that again" This would make the guy know that you know, and that you will be watching him. This will also show that you a much bigger person than him.
Old 12-08-05, 11:56 AM
DASHOCKER
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by TexasGS
Yea, I say let it go. I know you would like to take a pound of that butter and smash it into the guys face but it would not be worth it. Clean it up and let it go. Hopefully the guy got his stupidness out of his system. If it happens again, I would then confront the person. That is if you can definately prove the guy did it. But if you confront him, say something like "I know you did the damage and I would appreciate you not doing that again" This would make the guy know that you know, and that you will be watching him. This will also show that you a much bigger person than him.
The other person is a man not a kid. Do you think another grown man would like someone coming in his face and accusing him of something? It will lead to egos being tarnished and it will turn into a fight.

Quick Reply: someone messed with my car!