GS - 2nd Gen (1998-2005) Discussion about the second generation GS300, GS400 and GS430 (1998 - 2005)

my gs400 is going NUTS

Search this Thread

Old 12-11-05, 09:34 PM
tone
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by GSoup
Tone that still doesn't make sense.... the car was turning over it just wasn't getting any fuel by the way it was acting. ... what i didn't think of was maybe your fuel lines froze last nite when we were out cause it was brick for what ever reason.

do what i told you go to the shop i put you onto over near the rs strauss that we went to... they know their shiiiiiznit... they do all the work for the almost all the car dealers on northern blvd over there... hit me up later and let me know what the deal is...

idle speed control is about $220
vacuum rail??? do you mean the driver side fuel rail??? if its the rail it should be about $75 ...

aighhht big tone..talk to ya lataaaa....

doubt it was that the fuel lines froze that night, know why?.... cuz when the mechanic was lookin at the car while it was on it started to rumble and ended up turning off again right infront of him and after that stall it didnt wanna turn on anymore lol.... its a mess... hope its all things that can be fixed easily, and im also taking the moment to tune it up mechanically.
Old 12-12-05, 04:42 AM
Vette Boy
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by tone
.... i just had a mechanic come check the car out ...basically he pointed out that the main problems were the vac leak the idle speed controller and the amp line connected to the battery, he suggested i get a separate battery to connect my sound system to...

what do you guys think about this?
I think you have a really good mechanic.
Old 12-12-05, 05:44 AM
DASHOCKER
Lexus Fanatic

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Just saw your thread. I remember looking at your car at the meet we had at Todds. You do have a vacuum leak and a variety of other problems with that car. My suggestion is to have your car diagnosed by the dealer with the scan tool that plugs into your obd2 port. If you don't want to go to the dealer for that, have your local autozone just use the scanner to read the trouble codes. Know what the problems are exactley so you can plan on addressing it. It is not a bad battery issue. I had a weak battery at one point because I left my car in my hot garage during a hot week. My car never went haywire with guages going nuts etc. because of a weak battery. Hold off on spending the cash on mods right now. Address the mechanical issues and maintainance first.

Last edited by DASHOCKER; 12-12-05 at 06:01 AM.
Old 12-12-05, 09:16 AM
GSoup
Lexus Fanatic

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by tone
doubt it was that the fuel lines froze that night, know why?.... cuz when the mechanic was lookin at the car while it was on it started to rumble and ended up turning off again right infront of him and after that stall it didnt wanna turn on anymore lol.... its a mess... hope its all things that can be fixed easily, and im also taking the moment to tune it up mechanically.
just a thought... because i know what i heard and saw, it definitely wasn't getting any fuel to the engine... my $0.02.

but yup yup get all the mechanical things worked out. Also tone when u get a chance get me the VIN so we can see what the deal is with the car.. later nukka...

Last edited by GSoup; 12-12-05 at 09:21 AM.
Old 12-16-05, 05:29 PM
tone
Lead Lap

UPDATE Well this whole thing happened last saturday.... sunday.....i stayed home because i had no choice.... monday - tuesday - wed - thurs - fri ........i take 2 buses to and from work.....kinda sucked....after having the car towed, and sitting infront of the house for a week.... i left work early and pushed the car down the block to the mechanic..... he tried turning the car on with the same results.... nothing... just a crank an engine rumble and a stall........plugged in a diagnostics machine.... gave him no problems...............so guess what?......

HE PUT GAS IN IT AND THE CAR STARTED.............................................................

the end.
Old 12-16-05, 07:30 PM
GWELEX
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You've got to be kidding me.....,
Old 12-17-05, 07:17 PM
tone
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by GWELEX
You've got to be kidding me.....,

Im not kidding lol.....i think thats the most "special" thing that can ever happen to someone....in this case im special i have no idea how the tank emptied out.... i had 1/4 of gas there that morning and i didnt drive more than 10 miles....about the speedometer + the odometer.....the speedometer is still dead.... and the odometer is still frozen... ill keep u updated