GS - 2nd Gen (1998-2005) Discussion about the second generation GS300, GS400 and GS430 (1998 - 2005)

What should I do next?

Search this Thread

Old 12-16-05, 11:48 AM
TLW
Lexus Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

01 tails or JP tails

wheels ..Trafficstar RTS

Body kit ...
Old 12-16-05, 12:00 PM
Lexis11
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Man you need BOOST and I have one for sale. LMS S/C setup polished would look sick in side that engine bay, make you a true balla.
Here is the thread.
https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sho...ight=lms+s%2Fc
Old 12-16-05, 12:29 PM
chuckb
Lexus Fanatic

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Lexis11
Man you need BOOST and I have one for sale. LMS S/C setup polished would look sick in side that engine bay, make you a true balla.
Here is the thread.
that's a shameless plug, but I agree with him
Old 12-16-05, 01:33 PM
Automan
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Lexis11
Here is the thread.

Man that kit is beautiful!! My car would be so sick if I had that installed. Unfortunately you caught me at a time when I am less than five months from my wedding, honeymoon, move to Birmingham and purchase of a new house. I kinda promised my fiancee I wouldn't buy anything else for awhile I was kinda trying to get an idea of what I wanted so that after the smoke clears I can play with some of the extra equity I will get from the sell of my current home. Hummmmmmmm maybe I could get it and hide it somewhere. What would you guys do in a situation like this?
Old 12-16-05, 02:18 PM
LEXISM
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

buy it
Old 12-16-05, 08:00 PM
GILLEXUS
Lexus Champion

Man,
You have to mold your body kit bumpers to the bumper or get full kit bumpers. for a show it can't look add-on just my $.02
Old 12-16-05, 08:10 PM
DuttyLeXus
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Honestly seeing ur wedding is comming up and all......i say pipe out the interior....wouldnt cost as much. You pretty much have everything else goin on pretty good. Going for new wheels, new kit or the almighty turbo route will burn a slightly bigger hole in the pockets.......
Old 12-18-05, 05:09 PM
bluelex
Lexus Fanatic

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Whats up man, Like others have said you don't need to do an engine swap to go turbo. You can turbo upgrade that motor aswell for around 6k from SRT. Engine detail is also something I would add while your in there. I like your paint shceme, its very eye catching. I would suggest you paint the mesh in the front blk or blue instead of it being white so it won't stick out as much at you..Some staggard wheels with a more simple design will probably better suite your paint that way more attention goes to the interesting scheme rather than the wheels taking away from the point. bbk is a plus but some cross drilled rotors for now will help a lot. Good luck man Hope to see you at some shows up north.

Last edited by bluelex; 01-05-06 at 05:36 PM.
Old 12-19-05, 02:38 PM
Automan
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by bluelex
Whats up man, Like others have said you don't need to do an engine swap to go turbo. You can turbo upgrade that motor aswell for around 6k from SRT. Engine detail is also something I would add while your in there. I like your paint shceme, its very eye catching. I would suggest you paint the mesh in the front blk or blue instead of it being white so it won't stick out as much at you..Some staggard wheels with a more simple design will probably better suite your paint that way more attention goes to the interesting scheme rather than the wheels taking away from the point. bbk is a plus but some cross drilled rotors for now will help a lot. Good luck man Hope to see you at some shows up north.

Hummmmmmm I forgot about SRT they are like 5 miles from where I currently work in Maryland. I really want the pretty chrome engine like you though man. Maybe I can get the guys to paint that mesh now since the car is in the shop. Do you know which shows you are going to attend next year? I am moving to Birmingham in May so I plan on trying to hit some in Florida and probably most of the big one's in Atlanta. I know that DUB and NOPI are both in Atlanta next year. I think I will keep my car in the parking lot though when you are going to be in town.
Old 12-19-05, 04:19 PM
bluelex
Lexus Fanatic

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Automan
Hummmmmmm I forgot about SRT they are like 5 miles from where I currently work in Maryland. I really want the pretty chrome engine like you though man. Maybe I can get the guys to paint that mesh now since the car is in the shop. Do you know which shows you are going to attend next year? I am moving to Birmingham in May so I plan on trying to hit some in Florida and probably most of the big one's in Atlanta. I know that DUB and NOPI are both in Atlanta next year. I think I will keep my car in the parking lot though when you are going to be in town.
Stop it !! lol.. Now How am I going to take pics of your car if its in the parking lot? Show that car, the paint job is amazeing. I'm not 100% sure what shows I'll be hitting, not too many far away shows but I will be doing HIN in ATL,NJ and Nopi ATL is a yearly vacation now. As far as Turbo, dude you have SRT 5 miles from you and your asking us what to do lol..lol.. go speak to Mo He'll get you going fast in no time...Good luck man.

A-
Old 12-19-05, 07:01 PM
UptownGS
Lexus Champion

I'd darken up the front a bit..... right now its too candy pop.

Try playing around so the scheme flows to the rear.... .i say smoke film (20%) to cover the headlights.... or you could just paint the housing if you're not afraid of hacking into the lights..... paint the grill black..... paint the mesh in the vizage front lip black..... Get a smoke lens cover for your license plate n there you should have a more flowing front end plus the contrast between the lighter blue would match up nicely.

but then again these are all subjective opinions.... you're the builder.... build it to your vision.

btw.... roof spoiler... .bbk, new wheels, and a simple F/i system would do fine and score you some pointers at shows......

points wise... your paint should score you pretty high just for being custom and encorporating some sort of custom scheme.

Engine, you might get 2-4 pts max.

ICE: subjective but looks like you're in the 60-80 % point range pending on the show.

Suspension: could probably use more work but i really have no clue. I'm just guessing as it looks like you put style over performance.

interior: more custom goodies always a good pt catcher.

Wheels: definitely get something w/ more of a lip to show off that GS Stance...

now w/ that being said.... you have to ask yourself, do i want a full on show car or am i just doing this for myself.
Old 12-20-05, 04:37 AM
Automan
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by UptownGS
I'd darken up the front a bit..... right now its too candy pop.

Try playing around so the scheme flows to the rear.... .i say smoke film (20%) to cover the headlights.... or you could just paint the housing if you're not afraid of hacking into the lights..... paint the grill black..... paint the mesh in the vizage front lip black..... Get a smoke lens cover for your license plate n there you should have a more flowing front end plus the contrast between the lighter blue would match up nicely.

but then again these are all subjective opinions.... you're the builder.... build it to your vision.

btw.... roof spoiler... .bbk, new wheels, and a simple F/i system would do fine and score you some pointers at shows......

points wise... your paint should score you pretty high just for being custom and encorporating some sort of custom scheme.

Engine, you might get 2-4 pts max.

ICE: subjective but looks like you're in the 60-80 % point range pending on the show.

Suspension: could probably use more work but i really have no clue. I'm just guessing as it looks like you put style over performance.

interior: more custom goodies always a good pt catcher.

Wheels: definitely get something w/ more of a lip to show off that GS Stance...

now w/ that being said.... you have to ask yourself, do i want a full on show car or am i just doing this for myself.

Well the most important question I will answer first. I am really just doing this for myself. To be honest my car has already gone past my wildest dreams and it was never my intention to have a show car. But i'm sure you guys know how it goes you start with tint and new rims and the next thing you know you have modded your entire car. Then it gets really good to you when people start to notice. Hey now we know how a beautiful woman feels. It just gets worse from there when you see what other people have done you can't help but be impressed and want a little something something of your own. I can not tell you how many times I have been sittign in front of my computer with my mouth hanging open as I look at one of the CL members cars. Especially the guys that do it themselves. Anyway my point is if I never added anything else to my car or never took home another trophy I would be happy with my real trophy sitting the the garage. My close friends will tell you that they remember when the GS was just a screensaver for me and now.....(violins softly in the background) i'm getting emotional . LOL

Anyway about the mods do you know I got pulled over for having a smoked license plate in Virginia. I was looking at the cop like "Sir are you serious?" so he made me take them off. I asked why if they were illegal in VA can I buy them at any store that sells car accessories. Maybe I could just put them on for the show. But I said all that to say they really don't like you modifiying your lighting in VA. As far as performance goes it was never really my thing I think I am being sucked in by guys like Bluelex that have that beauty and power thing going for them. I have a heavy foot anyway I am not even sure its a good idea for me to have that much HP. Actually it's one of the reason I did not get a gs400 right from the beginning (big mistake by the way). New rims yeah I think I am going to do it. Maybe right before the show season starts ummmmm that's April for you guys in Florida and California who are sitting there like "show season never ends what is this guy talking about". Hey guys thanks for all your suggestions on this keep them coming. Some guys have suggested nicely that I need a new car it seems