GS - 2nd Gen (1998-2005) Discussion about the second generation GS300, GS400 and GS430 (1998 - 2005)

Any of you guys have this (color headlight film)?

Search this Thread

Old 12-19-05, 01:13 PM
DASHOCKER
Lexus Fanatic

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
Default Any of you guys have this (color headlight film)?

I saw a Audi TT with blue ones looks hot...... i might do my fogs. http://www.lamin-x.com/
Old 12-19-05, 01:45 PM
DetMich1
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by DASHOCKER
I saw a Audi TT with blue ones looks hot...... i might do my fogs. http://www.lamin-x.com/
I would check with your Department of Motor Vehicles or local Police first. Most locations do not allow blue lighting on vehicles that are not part of law enforcement. Just cuz someone else has it doesn't mean is within the constraints of the law. Just your luck, he gets away with it and you'll get cited the first time you turn them on.
Old 12-19-05, 01:47 PM
DASHOCKER
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by DetMich1
I would check with your Department of Motor Vehicles or local Police first. Most locations do not allow blue lighting on vehicles that are not part of law enforcement. Just cuz someone else has it doesn't mean is within the constraints of the law. Just your luck, he gets away with it and you'll get cited the first time you turn them on.
Who said I was gonna use blue? They have multiple colors. Check the site.. They have yellow, smoked, purple, etc.
Old 12-19-05, 02:12 PM
DetMich1
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by DASHOCKER
Who said I was gonna use blue? They have multiple colors. Check the site.. They have yellow, smoked, purple, etc.
I did check the site. And in your opening post you said "I saw a Audi TT with blue ones looks hot...... i might do my fogs"

That sure sounded like you liked the look of blue (looks hot means you like it, right?) You didn't say I might do my fogs .............fuscia. You just said blue looks hot, I might do my fogs. Leads one to believe that you intended to do yours the same way. If you like it, do 'em whatever color you want, your choice.

Last edited by DetMich1; 12-19-05 at 02:19 PM.
Old 12-19-05, 05:28 PM
DASHOCKER
Lexus Fanatic

I will be ok with any color. The blue that I saw on the audi had a nice look to it. I inquired about the lights and the guy told me about the site. Yeah it looked hot. If someone said you car looks hot in black does it mean that they are going out to buy one in black? Any way I saw the yellow film and I am feeling that since I have clear fogs
Old 12-19-05, 07:12 PM
Chpsk8
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Looks like an interseting product. I'd like to get the smoked tail light kit.

Oh... and I thought you were interested in the blue too...
Old 12-20-05, 06:03 AM
DASHOCKER
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by Chpsk8

LOl I love u guys.... The guy in the Audi had blue on his headlights actually. I looked at the site and they have different colors. Si i came up with the bright idea of doing my fogs with the yellow film, which will look intense with the siverstar bulbs I have in the fogs.. The smoke ones are hot too for the headlights and/or tail lights..... Ideas guys, ideas
Old 12-20-05, 07:53 AM
ShadyJC
Lexus Test Driver

There are a number of places you can get that film from, so don't be locked into one place. It is essentially a pre-cut piece of tinted/colored clearbra material.

You have a black GS, my friend has yellow on his black G35.

I have blue on my dark silver FX35.

One thing to note is that I have yellow bulbs in my fog lights, when it shines through it still shows yellow, not green as you might think.
Old 12-20-05, 08:30 AM
DASHOCKER
Lexus Fanatic

Thats it. The Audi had the same hue. Does not look tacky at all. Better look than than spray paint. was yours custom fit?
Old 12-20-05, 08:32 AM
joshoowa
Lexus Champion

ive seen 350z with yellow tinted headlights for that jdm look..looks pretty cool
Old 12-20-05, 08:53 AM
DASHOCKER
Lexus Fanatic

This is what the blue looks like on our car. Not feeling it. Light smoked hue would look better for headlights.
Attached Thumbnails Any of you guys have this (color headlight film)?-blue-lights.jpg  
Old 12-20-05, 04:50 PM
Chpsk8
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hmmm... I wonder how this stuff works on the curve of the headlight. It's a pretty tight ciurve, and I haven't met too many films that can do that kind of bending without some serious trimming which would leave a seam. Anyone have firsthand experience?

Also, any other links for products like this?

Thanks
Old 12-20-05, 05:21 PM
svt5150
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

AristoGirl (or something like that) had the blue tint with yellow fogs on her GS and it looked really good. Can't find pics right now tho.
Old 12-20-05, 05:39 PM
DASHOCKER
Lexus Fanatic

Hmmm... I wonder how this stuff works on the curve of the headlight. It's a pretty tight ciurve, and I haven't met too many films that can do that kind of bending without some serious trimming which would leave a seam. Anyone have firsthand experience?

Also, any other links for products like this?

Thanks
They have custom cut versions for some makes and models. Didn't have time to search for the 2nd gen gs
Old 12-21-05, 04:11 PM
ballin
Pole Position

I saw some for sale on Ebay. As for the curve in the lense, they use controlled heat from heat gun or blow drier to bend the plastic over them.

Quick Reply: Any of you guys have this (color headlight film)?