GS - 2nd Gen (1998-2005) Discussion about the second generation GS300, GS400 and GS430 (1998 - 2005)
View Poll Results: What do you think about these rims?
Those rims are HOT!! BUY THEM NOW!!
16.22%
They are nice but I would go with something else.
35.14%
Back to the drawing board Automan.
48.65%
Voters: 37. You may not vote on this poll

New shoes for Automan......

Search this Thread

Old 12-21-05, 10:54 AM
bluelex
Lexus Fanatic

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by D2-AUTOSPORT
Automan, I think you forgot to share one bit of information with your CL bretheren, which is your PRICE LIMIT OF 3k wheels and tires including chrome!!!

All of the recommendations listed so far ring in at at least 4k - 5500 with tires.

I think you shoudl got with the mesh design, i like it alot better (cleaner)
ah, thats the info we would need to help you out better, I just looked at the RR wheel line and man they have some nice stuf. I agree with D I like the mesh

But I also like this wheel in chrome for you.

This would look very interesting and would flow in chrome with big lips with your paint

Old 12-21-05, 11:00 AM
SoCalSC4
Lexus Champion

Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts

I'd have to agree with the others, your custom paint scheme deserves a more esoteric looking wheel. I would like to see a modular wheel with a contrasting center, perhaps brushed with a polished or chrome lip.

The 5-spoke wheel you showed looks okay, but I'm not sure it's different enough from your current wheel to even bother with. These cast one-piece chrome wheels all look like chrome blobs to me from 50 feet away anyway- especially when the car is moving.

It would be a shame to put an off-the-rack wheel on a car with so much attention to detail. Can you stretch into a two-piece wheel like iForged? I think they are quite aggressively priced.

Wheels make or break the car... I think your current wheels are the only thing holding your car back from being a Club Lexus "top ten GS."
Old 12-21-05, 12:31 PM
LEXISM
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

really like this design

SoCalSC4
I'd have to agree with the others, your custom paint scheme deserves a more esoteric looking wheel. I would like to see a modular wheel with a contrasting center, perhaps brushed with a polished or chrome lip.

The 5-spoke wheel you showed looks okay, but I'm not sure it's different enough from your current wheel to even bother with. These cast one-piece chrome wheels all look like chrome blobs to me from 50 feet away anyway- especially when the car is moving.

It would be a shame to put an off-the-rack wheel on a car with so much attention to detail. Can you stretch into a two-piece wheel like iForged? I think they are quite aggressively priced.

Wheels make or break the car... I think your current wheels are the only thing holding your car back from being a Club Lexus "top ten GS."
but what SoCalSC4 said is right on
Old 12-21-05, 01:22 PM
400DGRZ
Lexus Champion

Received 14 Likes on 6 Posts

If you are going all out on paint and body why not spend the extra money on wheels too and complete the look?
Old 12-21-05, 01:34 PM
beauphus
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 400DGRZ
If you are going all out on paint and body why not spend the extra money on wheels too and complete the look?
DITTO!!! wait a couple months and get the perfect wheel for your car. i love everything about your car except wheels (and i am not big on show car styling)
Old 12-21-05, 01:39 PM
Automan
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by 400DGRZ
Hey guys thanks for all of the comments and compliments your input is highly valued. As far as why I am putting such a low salary cap on this purchase goes. I am getting married in 5 months and while I have a little money to play with I probably should not go crazy like I did last year but I still want to play a little and throw a little something new on there. But with the wedding, move and home purchase coming up so quickly I am reluctant to make another big ticket purchase. I like that mesh look as well I have always been a 5 star rim kinda guy but I am feeling that mesh one.
Old 12-21-05, 01:51 PM
bluelex
Lexus Fanatic

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Automan
Hey guys thanks for all of the comments and compliments your input is highly valued. As far as why I am putting such a low salary cap on this purchase goes. I am getting married in 5 months and while I have a little money to play with I probably should not go crazy like I did last year but I still want to play a little and throw a little something new on there. But with the wedding, move and home purchase coming up so quickly I am reluctant to make another big ticket purchase. I like that mesh look as well I have always been a 5 star rim kinda guy but I am feeling that mesh one.
I hear you man, I was in the same boat 2 years ago getting married and in contract for my house at the time. Good luck and congrats.
Old 12-21-05, 07:43 PM
tmf2004
5% Club. Killing it!!!

Received 63 Likes on 61 Posts

I agree with everyone on the RUFF mesh wheel... It will flow with the car alot better and really add that extra flavor to the car... IMO for some reason the wheels you have now seem to bulky for a chrome 5 star rim? I really think the mesh is the way to go.....

See if seize can photochop the wheels for ya.. Good Luck....

Tony
Old 12-21-05, 08:01 PM
chuckb
Lexus Fanatic

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

have you seen this thread automan? https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sho...light=gs+wheel
Old 12-22-05, 06:28 AM
LEXUS_KID
Lexus Champion

Back to the drawing board Automan. That's a tough one but go with some thing you like. And yes it's a very hard choice
Old 12-22-05, 09:49 AM
Automan
Lexus Test Driver

Well it's a done deal guys. I went with the 20" staggered RR Mesh! Thanks for all of your input we will see how it looks in the near future.
Attached Thumbnails New shoes for Automan......-statusrrmeshchrome.jpe  
Old 12-22-05, 10:05 AM
GS300Rich
Lexus Fanatic

I like the mesh wheel and think it will look great on your car
Old 12-22-05, 11:47 AM
LEXISM
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by Automan
Well it's a done deal guys. I went with the 20" staggered RR Mesh! Thanks for all of your input we will see how it looks in the near future.
these will look 10x better than your current set up ...congrats!!

now upgrade the rotors to some crossdrilled/slotted rotors b4 they come in and paint your calipers if you havent already
Old 12-22-05, 01:37 PM
Automan
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by LEXISM
these will look 10x better than your current set up ...congrats!!

now upgrade the rotors to some crossdrilled/slotted rotors b4 they come in and paint your calipers if you havent already
The car is currently in the shop having cross drilled/slotted rotors and the caliper painted. I think it will make a huge difference.
Old 12-22-05, 01:41 PM
chuckb
Lexus Fanatic

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

that will look much better did you get T1Rs with them?

Quick Reply: New shoes for Automan......