GS - 2nd Gen (1998-2005) Discussion about the second generation GS300, GS400 and GS430 (1998 - 2005)

Help! Lexus Customer Service Treating Me Poorly!

Search this Thread

Old 08-05-01, 02:48 PM
D-MAN63
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Too bad we don't have an effective way of complaining about a car company's handlement with customers. If we have a real complaint about cops, the internal affairs organization is there to help us. Too bad there is no "internal affairs" in this situation
Old 08-05-01, 07:41 PM
ceoart
Pole Position

Cool

Originally posted by DIESELMAN63
Too bad we don't have an effective way of complaining about a car company's handlement with customers. If we have a real complaint about cops, the internal affairs organization is there to help us. Too bad there is no "internal affairs" in this situation
It now seems to me Lexus doesn't really care what customers think. Based on what I have seen the customer surveys we send them are just thrown away. If they were listening to us we would have a 350 HP engine by now. Lets get them where it hurts. Stop buying their cars until they start really listening to us.
Old 08-05-01, 08:12 PM
Manaray
Lexus Fanatic

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

CEOART - Can you post the name of the dealership and the location (city/state)? Get their name out there and help others not make the same mistake....

Last edited by Manaray; 08-05-01 at 08:51 PM.
Old 08-05-01, 08:45 PM
chowder
Driver

Default Re: That's quite pathetic

Originally posted by W210
What is the name of the dealership so we can warn other Lexus owners in your area?
Originally posted by Hermosa
Hey post the name and location of the dealership so anyone else who needs service or wants to buy a car does not give them any business.
Originally posted by manaray
CEOART - Can you post the name of the dealership and the location (city/state)? Get their name out there and help others from making a mistake by dealing with them...
i sense a pattern here...
Old 08-05-01, 09:04 PM
bitkahuna
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,472 Likes on 1,623 Posts
Default Re: Re: That's quite pathetic

Originally posted by chowder
i sense a pattern here...
Maybe ceoart is actually just a bimmer owner here to stir it up.
Old 08-05-01, 10:50 PM
ceoart
Pole Position

Cool Re: Re: Re: That's quite pathetic

Originally posted by bitkahuna

Maybe ceoart is actually just a bimmer owner here to stir it up.
I am not a Bimmer owner at the moment. I did have two 735i many years ago. They did not have much power and I had serious steering problems with one. So bad in fact that at 45 miles an hour it felt like I was trying to turn a truck without power steering! The BMW dealer told me they were working on trying to fix the problem in Germany so I traded it in for a new one to play it safe. The new one had brake problems that made the whole car shake when I put my foot on the brake on the highway. I also did not like when they only gave me $19.95 for a car rental. So I am no big fan of BMW. But I feel Lexus is being very cheap about getting the Spoiler replaced. I don't want to yet say the name of the dealer in South Florida until I am sure they will not replace it sooner than 3 or 4 weeks. I am pissed at my Dealer but more angry at Lexus for not making the extra effort to solve the problem quickly.

Last edited by ceoart; 08-05-01 at 11:00 PM.
Old 08-06-01, 07:05 AM
GS430 GUY
Lexus Test Driver

I don't want to yet say the name of the dealer in South Florida until I am sure they will not replace it sooner than 3 or 4 weeks
If I remember correctly, ceoart uses Countyline Lexus in Hollywood, FL. When I lived down in Miami I used Lexus of Kendall, no problems at all. Why one is hesitant to name a dealership is beyond me? They don't come on this board and look for complaining customers, then shaft them Good luck with the spoiler and try Lexus of Kendall for now on.
Old 08-06-01, 06:17 PM
Phil D.
Driver School Candidate

Send a well written letter to the major auto magazines. If they print it or address it then send a copy to your local dealer and Lexus HQ.

SEND IT TO ALL THE MAGAZINES! I'll bet you get a response!

Good luck

Phil D
Old 08-06-01, 08:19 PM
NVRENUFHP
Rookie

Question Re: Get em

Originally posted by Hermosa
Send a well written letter to the major auto magazines. If they print it or address it then send a copy to your local dealer and Lexus HQ.
Judging from the original post, the well written part is not very likely. Now, with the gratuitous jab out of the way...something doesn't seem right with this situation.

The original poster says that it is his 10,000 mile GS430 that has the spoiler problem. The GS430 by definition is within the warranty's time limitation and the 10,000 miles is certainly within the mileage limitation, so both the paint and the loose spoiler should be covered by the factory warranty. Why is the "service contract" (extended warranty?) relevevant to anything?

Is there any chance that the original poster damaged the spoiler and is trying to get it repaired on Lexus' dime?
Old 08-06-01, 09:12 PM
ceoart
Pole Position

Default Re: Re: Get em

Originally posted by NVRENUFHP

Judging from the original post, the well written part is not very likely. Now, with the gratuitous jab out of the way...something doesn't seem right with this situation.

The original poster says that it is his 10,000 mile GS430 that has the spoiler problem. The GS430 by definition is within the warranty's time limitation and the 10,000 miles is certainly within the mileage limitation, so both the paint and the loose spoiler should be covered by the factory warranty. Why is the "service contract" (extended warranty?) relevevant to anything?

Is there any chance that the original poster damaged the spoiler and is trying to get it repaired on Lexus' dime?
Judging by your personal attack which was uncalled for, I suspect you work for Lexus. If not Lexus customer service has a job waiting for you. The service contract covered the cost of my 10,000 mile service which I had done at the same time the Spoiler was suppose to be repaired. The area rep never even returned my phone call. I was trying to give my Lexus dealer the benefit of the doubt. But today I showed the Spoiler to a person who has some expertise in these matters and he confirmed that it was not painted properly. So either my Lexus Dealer is lying about the replacement Spoiler being painted at the Lexus factory or Lexus just does not care about quality warranty work. I can see now that it is pointless not to reveal the name of the dealer. The problem occurred at County Line Lexus.

Last edited by ceoart; 08-06-01 at 09:29 PM.
Old 08-06-01, 09:21 PM
NVRENUFHP
Rookie

Default Re: Re: Re: Get em

Originally posted by ceoart

Judging by your personal attack which was uncalled for, I suspect you work for Lexus. If not Lexus customer service has a job waiting for you. The area rep never even returned my phone call. I was trying to give my Lexus dealer the benefit of the doubt. But today I showed the Spoiler to a person who has some expertise in these matters and he confirmed that it was not painted properly. So either my Lexus Dealer is lying about it being painted by Lexus or Lexus just does not care about quality warranty work. I can see now that is pointless not to reveal the name of the dealer. The problem occurred at County Line Lexus.
First, sometimes the truth hurts. Second, you did not explain why the bad paint and loose spoiler are not covered by the original warranty. Similarly, you did not explain why your "service contract" is the relevant issue.

Answer the following questions or stop whining:

1) Why aren't the paint and loose spoiler problems covered by the original new car warranty?

2) What exactly is your "service contract?" Is it an extended warranty? And why is it relevant when the car is, give or take, one year old with only 10,000 miles on it?

3) Why are you trying to get your problems covered under your "service contract," rather than under the new car warranty?
Old 08-06-01, 10:00 PM
ceoart
Pole Position

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Get em

Answer the following questions or stop whining:

1) Why aren't the paint and loose spoiler problems covered by the original new car warranty?

2) What exactly is your "service contract?" Is it an extended warranty? And why is it relevant when the car is, give or take, one year old with only 10,000 miles on it?

3) Why are you trying to get your problems covered under your "service contract," rather than under the new car warranty?
You seem very confrontational. What is your stake in this? This is not a courtroom at least not let. :eek: But here is more details. The service contract covered the cost of my 10,000 mile service which I had done at the same time the Spoiler was suppose to be repaired. If you saw how poorly they painted my original Spoiler and how loose it was you would understand why I did not want the dealer to paint it again (more details below). So I was happy when the dealer said he would have the replacement Spoiler painted at the Lexus factory. But judging by how poorly painted the second Spoiler was I have my doubts that the factory painted it.The dealer said he would be willing to paint it again but I said to them if indeed Lexus did paint it at the factory why will they not send a new one as a replacement? You would think they would warranty the new Spoiler replacement like any new part that just came from the factory. My dealer doesn't even have a body Shop at their location. They sent the first one to a place called Super Paint and it came back with bubbles in the paint and bouncing around like it was made out of rubber! All my dealer said was that the Area Rep would need to see it to authorize the Spoiler to be painted again by the factory. But since my area rep will be out 3 or more weeks it seems to me they are trying to pressure me into letting the dealer paint it one more time. Believe me when I tell you the paint work looked like it was done at some real cheap paint shop. They are treating my car like it is four year old Toyota Camry. To me this seems like really poor customer service.

Last edited by ceoart; 08-06-01 at 10:24 PM.
Old 08-06-01, 10:24 PM
NVRENUFHP
Rookie

I am not confrontational. You are ranting and raving about the dealer and the factory, but your story makes no sense. And you still haven't answered my questions. That makes things appear even more suspicious.

It is looking more and more like you damaged the spoiler in some fashion and expect Lexus to pay for its repair.

My only stake in this is to get enough details so the story makes sense or to have you stop spewing nonsense.

Last edited by NVRENUFHP; 08-06-01 at 10:27 PM.
Old 08-06-01, 10:26 PM
Hermosa
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Mediocre Service

I too have had problems although minor ones with the dealership near me. Although they were really nice at times they did not inform me of everything they needed to do so when I paid for everything then they asked me if I wanted to go ahead and finish the job. :eek: . After that exchange I had with them about being upfront about repairs and how their shop tactics seemed kind of slimy I drove off only to realize that they did not hook up ANY of the wires in my door except for the power window( I had a windows regulator installed on the drivers side). To this day many of my components are not properly hooked up and that was over a year ago. This is probably a good time to ask how to take apart the door without breaking anything so I can make all the hookups. :eek:
Old 08-06-01, 10:36 PM
ceoart
Pole Position

I am not confrontational. You are ranting and raving about the dealer and the factory, but your story makes no sense. And you still haven't answered my questions. That makes things appear even more suspicious.

It is looking more and more like you damaged the spoiler in some fashion and expect Lexus to pay for its repair.

My only stake in this is to get enough details so the story makes sense or to have you stop spewing nonsense.
You seem more and more like one of the nasty people I spoke to on the phone with Lexus. It would not surprise me at this point if you are damage control from Lexus. Stop Flaming and Trolling I did not damage the Spoiler and if my word is not good enough for you to bad.

Last edited by ceoart; 08-06-01 at 10:39 PM.

Quick Reply: Help! Lexus Customer Service Treating Me Poorly!