GS - 2nd Gen (1998-2005) Discussion about the second generation GS300, GS400 and GS430 (1998 - 2005)

Gun Storage...

Search this Thread

Old 12-21-05, 05:22 PM
CPALex
Pit Crew

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Gun Storage...

Hi all. I know a few fellow GS drivers also carry. I'm curious to find out how others have solved the problem of storage of their weapon when they can't carry it into certain establishments. For example, I can't carry into my kids' school so I have to leave it in the car. I need to find a safer alternative to putting it in the glove box or the center console. If somebody were to break into my car I don't want my weapon to be one of the things they get away with. Of course if they get the whole car the point is probably moot.
Old 12-21-05, 05:48 PM
tuddy
Negative Nancy

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

maybe at home? why do you need to carry around a gun anyway if you dont mind me asking?
Old 12-21-05, 06:18 PM
GWELEX
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Lock it up in the trunk. If they get into your car I'm sure nothing will go unchecked. I suppose with a little imagination a "secret" compartment could be devised.
Old 12-21-05, 06:43 PM
fireballs gs400
Lexus Champion

Default stash spots

I have a few places in my trunk where I keep a gernade and a few extra clips...also carry some harsh language
Old 12-21-05, 07:00 PM
LexLaw
Lexus Champion

Lightbulb

I usually keep my bricks of Yae-yo under my truck near the front axle when I'm up I-95, so I guess my ratchet would be safe there too. ............why not just buy a Chevy S-10 so that you can build a gun rack on the rear bed.
Old 12-21-05, 07:27 PM
speedaddic
Lexus Champion

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

They sell under seat lock safes for cars so you can store your gun. Texas has a great concealed weapons law....
Old 12-21-05, 07:29 PM
Dx3
Lexus Fanatic

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

LOL - seems like this thread may be heading to the debate forum!!!

I have to agree though - why do you need to carry a gun?? Are you in law enforcement??

Jonny
Old 12-21-05, 07:53 PM
lexusondubs
dubsonlexus

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Dx3
LOL - seems like this thread may be heading to the debate forum!!!

I have to agree though - why do you need to carry a gun?? Are you in law enforcement??

Jonny
guys not trying to be rude but if he wanted to tell you why he carried a gun he would ...... the question was where to put it in the vehicle
Old 12-21-05, 09:51 PM
Indio
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by CPALex
Hi all. I know a few fellow GS drivers also carry. I'm curious to find out how others have solved the problem of storage of their weapon when they can't carry it into certain establishments. For example, I can't carry into my kids' school so I have to leave it in the car. I need to find a safer alternative to putting it in the glove box or the center console. If somebody were to break into my car I don't want my weapon to be one of the things they get away with. Of course if they get the whole car the point is probably moot.

I always use the trunk, there is no safe place inside the car, and make sure you push the trunk release lock button in until you return.
Old 12-21-05, 09:55 PM
Insomnia
Pole Position

You cannot keep the gun and ammo in the same place.... Gun goes in the trunk and ammo upfront... or vice versa.
The following users liked this post:
HD2001Glid (09-29-21)
Old 12-21-05, 10:13 PM
ARISTO4ME
Driver School Candidate

Oh really?? Any one from CA/NY should stay out of this thread, you have no gun rights.

I don't see why you couldn't use the center console. It's got plenty of room but is a bit aqward if you needed to open it quickly. But while in the vehicle you would have it on you or on the side of the seat.
Old 12-21-05, 11:26 PM
FutureGS400
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by Insomnia
You cannot keep the gun and ammo in the same place.... Gun goes in the trunk and ammo upfront... or vice versa.
Not necessarily true-totally depends on jurisdiction! Check your local and state concealed weapon laws to be sure.
Assuming it is legal to carry, the trunk is by far the safest IMO. There are places to hide your piece (assuming a handgun) and you could even devise a lockable "gun safe" that is bolted to the trunk. As mentioned, always push the trunk opener lock on the dash so it disables it and takes a key to open.
Old 12-22-05, 12:30 AM
JohnGS4
Lexus Test Driver

A audio shop around my way actually did a storage sort of like what you were looking for, except it was for someone's "personal property". It was devised in the trunk region of the car and was set up to open, if the key was in the car in the on position, the gas and the brake were pressed at the same time, and then it would open. Pretty good idea i though, and very unnoticeable.

John
Old 12-22-05, 05:16 AM
Chpsk8
Pole Position

Originally Posted by JohnGS4
A audio shop around my way actually did a storage sort of like what you were looking for, except it was for someone's "personal property". It was devised in the trunk region of the car and was set up to open, if the key was in the car in the on position, the gas and the brake were pressed at the same time, and then it would open. Pretty good idea i though, and very unnoticeable.

John
So if you power braked your stash would dump out into the trunk?
Old 12-22-05, 05:58 AM
JMgs300
Lead Lap

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I just keep my at my waist line and pull my shirt over it when i dont want it to be seen... lol j/k ... But for real if your carrying a gun its for a reason ... and when that reason comes to you its better to have in concealed on you and not out locked up in the car.... the kids school i can understand, leave it in the trunk... but if you have a license to carry, you should be carrying it whenever possible...

Quick Reply: Gun Storage...