GS - 2nd Gen (1998-2005) Discussion about the second generation GS300, GS400 and GS430 (1998 - 2005)

My week

Search this Thread

Old 12-22-05, 09:05 AM
Burton
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default My week

So Monday night I am sitting at home watching a move and wrapping presents when I hear a Siren. I think nothing of it, until I hear someone pounding on my door. Open the door to find three police cars and an ambulance in front of my house. My 06 Cobalt (company car) <3k miles on it has been hit by a drunk driver. The guy was ok and was hauled off. So know I have to deal with all the BS of corporate insurance.

This leaves me with no work car. So I take the lex to work for the next couple of days until I can get a rental. Well, yesterday on the way home I get rear ended by some girl who was maybe 16 or 17. Police come and fill our a this paper that say accident information exchange. I ask do I need a police report he says no. I was so pissed that if I started to argue I would have ended up in jail. So I left.

Got home and inspected the damage and it was worse than I thought. Both rear door jams are touching. The hood is cracked and many other thinks are not right.

So I make a call to my uncle who knows some people and the officer calls me back within the hour. He says that the damage was minor so no report was needed. I said do you consider 5-7K minor. He said no but if your car was that damaged from that little accident you should think of getting a different car. I replied she hit me at 40-45 mph what should the car look like. Anyway the report is getting made and I will have a lot of more work ahead of me to fix this thing right.

End *****ing

Ben

Will post some pics later.
Old 12-22-05, 09:16 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 190 Likes on 148 Posts

ah sorry to hear that ben, seems like that's a bit hit. so she hit you and you hit someone else? if you reported injury then the cop had to file a report. but yeah if its just car damage they never file any, that's the case here in cali, they suck..... but glad that you know someone and able to get that cop to call you back

good luck man, sorry to hear that again
Old 12-22-05, 09:19 AM
Burton
Pole Position

Yah she pushed me in to the van in front of me.

Ben
Old 12-22-05, 09:20 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 190 Likes on 148 Posts

man if that happens it's always a very hard hit
Old 12-22-05, 09:24 AM
Mattress
Pole Position

sucks man. seems everyone is getin rear ended these days. To boot you have two cars hit in the same damn week, sry man.
Old 12-22-05, 09:25 AM
LXBOY
Driver

Default Sorry to hear tha Man!:((((

Sorry to hear what all is happening with you. Look at it positvely atleast wasn't ur fault both times. Hope u r doing good, because u mentioned that girl hit u at 45mph. And what the hell is the officer talking about, at that kind of speed that girls car probabaly is totaled, that is considered a serious accident. Tell him u'll buy that sucka some donuts may be he will work faster on that report. Hope u got the girls insurance info. Well take care of that Lex and get on the insurance. That is going to be challenging tooo. Good Luck . Happy rest of the Hoildays.
Old 12-22-05, 09:40 AM
markgs4
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

sorry to hear about your misfortune, especially with it happening twice within such a short time span (more so for the GS and with you being in the car, and not so much the company car). I hope the insurance takes good care of you and you're able to get the GS back on the roads soon.
Old 12-22-05, 09:57 AM
Dx3
Lexus Fanatic

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

That sux man

I just had my new Expeditions bumper scratched when I was parked at the airport and I was livid - can't imagine how I would feel about my Lex being hit!

Head up man, you may get some new cool things out of it!!

Jonny
Old 12-22-05, 10:03 AM
GS300Rich
Lexus Fanatic

Sorry to hear this news. Sucks that your GS took such a hard hit. I dont know why people have to drive like morons around the holidays
Old 12-22-05, 11:00 AM
Indio
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by Burton
So Monday night I am sitting at home watching a move and wrapping presents when I hear a Siren. I think nothing of it, until I hear someone pounding on my door. Open the door to find three police cars and an ambulance in front of my house. My 06 Cobalt (company car) <3k miles on it has been hit by a drunk driver. The guy was ok and was hauled off. So know I have to deal with all the BS of corporate insurance.

This leaves me with no work car. So I take the lex to work for the next couple of days until I can get a rental. Well, yesterday on the way home I get rear ended by some girl who was maybe 16 or 17. Police come and fill our a this paper that say accident information exchange. I ask do I need a police report he says no. I was so pissed that if I started to argue I would have ended up in jail. So I left.

Got home and inspected the damage and it was worse than I thought. Both rear door jams are touching. The hood is cracked and many other thinks are not right.

So I make a call to my uncle who knows some people and the officer calls me back within the hour. He says that the damage was minor so no report was needed. I said do you consider 5-7K minor. He said no but if your car was that damaged from that little accident you should think of getting a different car. I replied she hit me at 40-45 mph what should the car look like. Anyway the report is getting made and I will have a lot of more work ahead of me to fix this thing right.

End *****ing

Ben

Will post some pics later.

Damn Ben at first I thought this was a repost, didn't this happen to you a while back? Sucks either way, good luck man.
Old 12-22-05, 01:11 PM
Burton
Pole Position

Originally Posted by Indio
Damn Ben at first I thought this was a repost, didn't this happen to you a while back? Sucks either way, good luck man.

yes may 18th to be exact. I am sick of this. If i didn't love the car so much it would be gone.

Ben
Old 12-22-05, 01:19 PM
FunGuy
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Burton
yes may 18th to be exact. I am sick of this. If i didn't love the car so much it would be gone.

Ben
Make sure that you get a cash out settlement from your insurance company after getting the highest repair quote in town.
***************This too happened to me and I pocketed over 5k in CASH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 12-22-05, 04:44 PM
bluelex
Lexus Fanatic

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Geez man, I'm sorry to hear this. The cop was a real turd. Hope it all works out man.
Old 12-22-05, 07:36 PM
GWELEX
Lexus Champion

Damn, another Lex damaged. Sorry to hear about your misfortunes, dealing with ins. co. can be be a real pita. Given time it should all work out, good luck.
Old 12-23-05, 12:44 AM
AJ
Lexus Champion

That sucks man

Quick Reply: My week