GS - 2nd Gen (1998-2005) Discussion about the second generation GS300, GS400 and GS430 (1998 - 2005)

Good news pi torque converter is awesome!!!

Search this Thread

Old 12-28-05, 06:00 PM
Lexy GS430
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Good news pi torque converter is awesome!!!

I just recently had the pi tc put on my 03 GS430, and over the holiday travel, i put about alittle over 1K mlles on it. Yes no check lights or anything, just pulls hard through every gears, and plus burnouts are a cinch even wiyh 20X10" rear wheels. HAHAHA i'm so happy. just wanted to share with my Bos on CL.
Old 12-28-05, 06:19 PM
nate579
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Great news, did you have to install a transmission cooler? On normal acceleration is there a difference in acceleration from stock? Gas Milage? I am seriously considering doing that install.
Old 12-28-05, 06:29 PM
chuckb
Lexus Fanatic

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

congrats-keep us posted if cell comes on. I forgot-do you have LSD already?
Old 12-28-05, 07:14 PM
GWELEX
Lexus Champion

Sounds like an awesome mod, I guess I need to do a search to find out more about the benefits of this.
Old 12-28-05, 10:01 PM
Lexy GS430
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by nate579
Great news, did you have to install a transmission cooler? On normal acceleration is there a difference in acceleration from stock? Gas Milage? I am seriously considering doing that install.
I went with the B&M tranny oil cooler from jegs performance. Solid piece high resistences to rock chips. Very very responsive she is now, what i meant is when i first did the 3.76 LSD everytime i step on it, the car did what i wanted it to do right away. Cornering is awesome,and Shifting with the new 3.76 LSD is just butter smooth as good or better then stock. Now with the addition tc, the car pulls hard, and if you aren't careful the backend will break lose just like that. Fuel consumption is not much difference i'm guessin -2 gallon diff. Listen to the members on this forum when they say best bang for the buck period. If i could do it all over, i would do the PI TC, and 3.76 Lsd first cause its that good.
Old 12-28-05, 10:02 PM
Lexy GS430
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by chuckb
congrats-keep us posted if cell comes on. I forgot-do you have LSD already?
Chuck remember i did the 3.76 lsd first.
Old 12-29-05, 06:14 AM
chuckb
Lexus Fanatic

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Lexy GS430
Chuck remember i did the 3.76 lsd first.
that's what I thought...
Old 12-29-05, 06:28 AM
Hameed
EV ftw!!!

Received 323 Likes on 198 Posts

Originally Posted by nate579
Seriously considering doing this mod??? It's a no brainer. The difference between the stock TQ and this one is like the difference between night and day. Yes, it is that different.

Your whole attitude to driving needs a major re-adjustment. The car wants to do burnouts now all the time. In a good way - meaning it is easy to learn how to control the new found aggression in acceleration.

IT IS THE BEST BANG FOR THE PERFORMANCE BUCK - PERIOD!

Couple that with the 3.76 LSD rear diff, and your car becomes completely and totally different animal.
Old 12-29-05, 07:29 PM
e-man
Lead Lap

Received 43 Likes on 34 Posts

Originally Posted by Hameed
Couple that with the 3.76 LSD rear diff, and your car becomes completely and totally different animal.
Just curious. Can you do one without the other?
Old 12-29-05, 07:45 PM
rheiy
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by e-man
Just curious. Can you do one without the other?
Yes, you can do either. I have the 3.76 lsd but not the TC. With the 3.76 you also get a good jump off the line and the car will pull stronger in all gears. I've thought about the TC, but I just can't risk getting the cel since my state uses odbII to check emmissions.

edit: Just read your profile and its says you have a gs400. From what I understand, you should have no problem with the cel if u get a tc
Old 12-29-05, 08:11 PM
e-man
Lead Lap

Received 43 Likes on 34 Posts

Originally Posted by rheiy
Yes, you can do either. I have the 3.76 lsd but not the TC. With the 3.76 you also get a good jump off the line and the car will pull stronger in all gears. I've thought about the TC, but I just can't risk getting the cel since my state uses odbII to check emmissions.

edit: Just read your profile and its says you have a gs400. From what I understand, you should have no problem with the cel if u get a tc
And what about the other way around -- TC without the LSD?
Old 12-29-05, 08:33 PM
rheiy
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by e-man
And what about the other way around -- TC without the LSD?
You can go that way as well but with a tc and no lsd, you will have some traction issues.
Turn vsc off and u can burn lots of rubber. But if you burn too much rubber you lose time getting off the line. Either one is a great mod but it's always better to have lsd if you get a TC
Old 12-29-05, 10:14 PM
Lexy GS430
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by rheiy
You can go that way as well but with a tc and no lsd, you will have some traction issues.
Turn vsc off and u can burn lots of rubber. But if you burn too much rubber you lose time getting off the line. Either one is a great mod but it's always better to have lsd if you get a TC
Hey Rheiy, wat part of NC are you at? I was near charlotte over the holiday visiting my family.
Old 12-30-05, 04:12 AM
GILLEXUS
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Lexy 430, Now you need the JBrady headers and that LMS Supercharger and you'll have a beast on your hands
Old 12-30-05, 04:56 AM
nate579
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Hameed
Seriously considering doing this mod??? It's a no brainer. The difference between the stock TQ and this one is like the difference between night and day. Yes, it is that different.

Your whole attitude to driving needs a major re-adjustment.

No brainer to you, but some of us don't have $5,000 to replace burned out transmissions. And the need to gain .5 sec on a 1/4 run is not on the top of my list.

Quick Reply: Good news pi torque converter is awesome!!!