GS - 2nd Gen (1998-2005) Discussion about the second generation GS300, GS400 and GS430 (1998 - 2005)

So I Send My Wheel Of To American Stitches

Search this Thread

Old 01-03-06, 08:47 AM
upstateGS4
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Capirato
As per their website....

Simply remove your steering wheel, ship it to us, and we will ship it back to you like brand new within 4-5 business days in most cases.
Call one of our representatives with any questions at 888-403-3403.

~ Cap

as mentioned in my post, i was talking about the loaner wheel and how long that takes to get or if they only have a limited supply of those to let people "borrow"
Old 01-03-06, 07:59 PM
LEXUS_KID
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by upstateGS4
so you laid out the extra g for deposit and they sent you the loaner wheel...and they refund you that cash once you give it back to them? how long did they take to send you their wheel after you dropped the g deposit on them
Yes I had no choice but to give them the $1000.00 deposit, but I will get that back once I send them there wheel back so tehy will just tie a $1000.00 up for a few weeks

I had the wheel shipped to me in 3 days but like BlueLEX said "I wouldn't qoute them on the 4-5 days thing, unless they've gotten a lot less busy than before when I sent my wheel they had for almost 3 weeks..Make sure you have a back up plan."

And thats what they told me now the shifter you can have in like 4-5 days

My total for the wheel and shifter is $463.00 shipped back to me

$413.00 for the wheel 10% discount

$50.00 for the shifter

That way they are a perfect match

And they got my wheel today so they will start on it Wednesday and the time I should have the wheel and shifter back is January 31st so we will see.
Old 01-04-06, 06:29 AM
Lexis11
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sorry for the late entrance to the thread but just wanted to tell you, you will be very happy with the work they do. I had my wheel done and everything came out real nice. Such a nice addition to the car.
Old 01-05-06, 05:21 AM
upstateGS4
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by LEXUS_KID
Yes I had no choice but to give them the $1000.00 deposit, but I will get that back once I send them there wheel back so tehy will just tie a $1000.00 up for a few weeks

I had the wheel shipped to me in 3 days but like BlueLEX said "I wouldn't qoute them on the 4-5 days thing, unless they've gotten a lot less busy than before when I sent my wheel they had for almost 3 weeks..Make sure you have a back up plan."

And thats what they told me now the shifter you can have in like 4-5 days

My total for the wheel and shifter is $463.00 shipped back to me

$413.00 for the wheel 10% discount

$50.00 for the shifter

That way they are a perfect match

And they got my wheel today so they will start on it Wednesday and the time I should have the wheel and shifter back is January 31st so we will see.
man i really wanna do this now! but im going with the phillips yellow HID 3000k kit for my fogs from xenondepot first...and im also picking up a set of 20 inch axis milanos (i hope) next week...so this wheel will definitely come soon enough after that.
Old 01-05-06, 11:33 AM
Capirato
Racer

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default '01 G S 300

Originally Posted by LEXUS_KID

Yes I had no choice but to give them the $1000.00 deposit, but I will get that back once I send them their wheel back so they will just tie the $1000.00 up for a few weeks

Lexus Kid.....

I got a different story.....

Called American Stitches this morning. They are going to look around and see if they can find a core for my '01 GS300. If they find one, they will wrap it with wood and leather and send it to me for the $1000 deposit. Upon their receipt of my original wheel, I will get my deposit back, minus the cost of the new wheel, which will have the 10% CL discount.

~ Cap
Old 01-05-06, 01:24 PM
upstateGS4
Lexus Champion

Lexus Kid.....

I got a different story.....

Called American Stitches this morning. They are going to look around and see if they can find a core for my '01 GS300. If they find one, they will wrap it with wood and leather and send it to me for the $1000 deposit. Upon their receipt of my original wheel, I will get my deposit back, minus the cost of the new wheel, which will have the 10% CL discount.

~ Cap

that would sound a lot more agreeable to me as well
Old 01-05-06, 03:12 PM
Capirato
Racer

Default Update

Got a call back from American Stitches with an Update.
They did not find a core for my '01 GS300.
So, this is the Plan:
I gave them my VISA #, they will charge my card for $1000. Then they will send me a loaner.
I will send them my original. When done, they will charge my Visa for the work. Then send me the finished product.
I then will send them the loaner. Upon their receipt of the loaner, they will credit my VISA with $1000.

Now, I will go out and buy me a Wheel Puller and Tork set.

BTW, they told me that they are going to look around and see if they can find Shifter ****, already made.

~ Cap
Old 01-05-06, 09:07 PM
LEXUS_KID
Lexus Champion

Yea well my wheel has e-shift on it and it's not like they have those cores just laying around the shop

So this is what I'll have for about 3-4 weeks
Attached Thumbnails So I Send My Wheel Of To American Stitches-123.jpg  
Old 01-06-06, 05:01 AM
DrewGS4
Lexus Test Driver

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

You will love the AI wheel. I had mine done a few years back and I love it. Quality is great and you still retain the e-shift function.
Old 01-09-06, 03:59 PM
Capirato
Racer

OK Guys.....

I got this far in taking the wheel off.

What do I do next ?? I have the wheel puller ready as well as the right socket to remove the center nut.

I have the understanding that I have to strip the wheel, but do not know if I do it before I loosen the wheel or do part of it before and the rest later.

Please help !!

~ Cap
Attached Thumbnails So I Send My Wheel Of To American Stitches-sw1.jpg  
Old 01-09-06, 08:34 PM
DetMich1
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

What do you mean, "strip the wheel"? Looks like you need to remove the electrical connections for e-shift, horn etc. Then remove the center nut and pull the wheel off. I understand that if you don't have a wheel puller handy, you can just rock the wheel by pushing and pulling alternately in opposite directions with your hands gripping the wheel at 3 and 9 o'clock.
Old 01-09-06, 08:51 PM
Capirato
Racer

Originally Posted by DetMich1

What do you mean, "strip the wheel"? Looks like you need to remove the electrical connections for e-shift, horn etc. Then remove the center nut and pull the wheel off. I understand that if you don't have a wheel puller handy, you can just rock the wheel by pushing and pulling alternately in opposite directions with your hands gripping the wheel at 3 and 9 o'clock.

Thanks for your advice !!

I need to strip the wheel before I send it to American Stitches for remodeling.

Expecting loaner to arrive in a day or so.

Hoping to hear from members that have done this operation.

~ Cap
Old 01-09-06, 09:01 PM
LEXUS_KID
Lexus Champion

Thanks for your advice !!

I need to strip the wheel before I send it to American Stitches for remodeling.

Expecting loaner to arrive in a day or so.

Hoping to hear from members that have done this operation.

~ Cap

No just take the wheel off and send it in it's that easy
Old 01-10-06, 05:38 AM
bluelex
Lexus Fanatic

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

God I forget to warn you guys to take pics of the wheel when off. They totaly disasemble this wheel into so many pieces and when you get it back its just the wheel with the leather and wood with all the other pieces in a box, it was a pita for me to put together but I took pics cuz Gamma warned me to do so cuz it happen to him aswell.
Old 01-10-06, 08:42 PM
LEXUS_KID
Lexus Champion

Now you tell us BlueLex

Quick Reply: So I Send My Wheel Of To American Stitches