GS - 2nd Gen (1998-2005) Discussion about the second generation GS300, GS400 and GS430 (1998 - 2005)

2x2.net in GS Gallery?

Search this Thread

Old 08-07-01, 04:39 AM
tinygs
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Why is there a 2x2.net advertisement in the GS gallery....Thats not even a good attempt at hiding your motive...You stick a bone stock IS pic in the GS gallery with all of the text referring to CRAPPY 2x2.net...Quit abusing our resource! Tiny
Old 08-07-01, 11:32 AM
gsintensive
Lexus Test Driver

yeah Mike get these disgusting Advertisment outta here. 2by2 sucks hell. what a cheap way to earn money.
Old 08-07-01, 12:34 PM
whitediamond
Pole Position

Default waz up

Exactly what is 2by2.net? Appears to be another fly by web company with a twist on advertising as I see those stickers on some nice cars-some bad ones too.

Old 08-07-01, 12:52 PM
cong28
Lead Lap

Hey guys,

Can you please stop bashing my company. I happen to work for the company itself and not as an Independent Sales Representative. For those who don't know what 2by2.net is, it's a Customer Acquisition company that offers services, web products and online shopping. Those cars that you see with the 2by2 stickers on them are Independent Sales Representatives who are simply advertising themselves. It's just another marketing tool to stir up conversation with inquiring minds. So, please stop bashing the company. If you have a personal issue about that particular car photo, please PM Mike and not post it up on the forum.

Thanks,

cong28
Old 08-07-01, 01:16 PM
bitkahuna
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,417 Likes on 1,584 Posts

cong28 - sorry dude, you work for a loser of a company. Just another multi-level pyramid scheme.

As I said before - should be called 2x4.net, and we should whack the founder around the head with a 2x4.
Old 08-07-01, 01:18 PM
mkilty
Lead Lap

They should NOT be posting ads promoting your company on our Gallery. I had to delete this morning the same picture posted 25 plus times.

Keep them off the gallery......

Thanks,
Old 08-07-01, 01:24 PM
gsintensive
Lexus Test Driver

Bitkahuna, exactly, Almost all of my friends that went ahead invested in 2 by 2, has either lost their money, or get some portion of it back. 2 by 2is just a company that cheats off some innocent people. POS.
Old 08-07-01, 02:35 PM
LOTC
VIP 様式

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Just a couple of months ago my ex-girlfriend tried to get me into it.She was like their is a meeting tonight in L.A you should go with me and bring as many of your friends as you can.

I was like that sound pretty abvious there(bring as many of your friends as you can?)

In my mind i was like,what the hell are you trying to pull here!
What do i look like a freekin moron.

Then i said to her, aw no! forget about it

Sorry Cong28,do not take it personal,but it is just not the right thing for me to get invovled in.

Last edited by LOTC; 08-07-01 at 02:58 PM.
Old 08-07-01, 02:41 PM
gsintensive
Lexus Test Driver

yeah i know, my friend tried to drag me into it, he said.. oh just come to the meet, listen to their product line, future development, and etc.. you don't have to do anything!

then i asked several of my friends who already went, basically you in some way HAVE to pay, at the end of the meeting, it is a totaly scheme.
Old 08-07-01, 02:52 PM
GlobeCLK
Lexus Fanatic

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

About 2 months ago I met a friend at my local Tapioca Express. I haven't seen him for about 2 years and the first thing he asked me is "If I wanna make some money." I said, yah I need to paint my grill so he said "I have this internet business goin on now, I'll give you a call in a few days telling you how." I was like, hm...... I smell a pyramid... then he handed me his business card...... big fat "2by2.net" right on top.

Next day he called me saying they got this big "convention" coming up and asked what time we should meet and go together. I told him no I'm not interested anymore. He asked why. So being polite I told him it's some kind of internet whirlpool that many of my friends got in already and can't get out because they lost so much money. Then he start givin me all these peer pressure, saying oh he made money here and there. He said he bought his new MR-2 with the money he made (yah the new 1993 MR-2 I saw, which he bought after totalling his X-Terra and got some insurance money. I heard this indirectly from his family friends.)

So anyways he's all like, why don't you wanna make money anymore and stuff. I said, look I don't have cell phone minutes for you and if you're gonna try to get me into 2by2.net, then forget it no point talkin to you. Then I hanged up.

Next day I saw him at Tapioca Express again. He said "what, you're not interested in money anymore?" I said "hm......until the money you make can buy a car like mine, forget about it." Hopped into my GS and drove off. I can still remember seeing his face, how he looked at his MR-2 and looked at my car, then looked again and then looked again

sorry for the long post. But Cong28, I have nothing against any company out there. How each company makes money is their own business. But the "Independent Sales Representatives" that I call RATS are just everywhere. It's true that they're suppose to promote 2by2 and try to get people in, but it's the company's job to teach them the proper business procedures, this ISN'T SOME TV SHOPPING NETWORK.
Old 08-07-01, 03:13 PM
cong28
Lead Lap

All i'm going to say is that people have their opinion about our company and it should be kept that way. And for me, I would like to know who was the idiot that started all this spamming. If anyone knows his name, can you give it to me so I can reported to the company, since spanning is prohibited. I would also like to apologize for those pictures that were posted up numerous times.

"GlobeCLK,
But the "Independent Sales Representatives" that I call RATS are just everywhere. It's true that they're suppose to promote 2by2 and try to get people in, but it's the company's job to teach them the proper business procedures, this ISN'T SOME TV SHOPPING NETWORK...."

GlobeCLK,
Your absolutely correct, there are some people out there that don't know how to promote and there are others that do. Those people that knows how to promote will make the money while those who don't know how to, will eventually make a little or none what so ever. And yes, our company do offer training to all the reps but it all depends on the sales people.
Old 08-07-01, 03:17 PM
disc108
Lead Lap

a guy that I hadnt talked to for over a year IMed me about a month ago and tried to make small talk w/me. i was wonderin wtf is going on? then he asked me if i have ever heard of 2by2.net before... then i knew he was trying to get me to join his lame trapezoid scheme . i said no, argued w/him, then told him that if he bothered me again w/such BS, i would have to lay the smackdown!!!
Old 08-07-01, 05:35 PM
whitediamond
Pole Position

Talking Damn

Next day I saw him at Tapioca Express again. He said "what, you're not interested in money anymore?" I said "hm......until the money you make can buy a car like mine, forget about it." Hopped into my GS and drove off. I can still remember seeing his face, how he looked at his MR-2 and looked at my car, then looked again and then looked again
Oh damn, im still laughing on that one

Old 08-08-01, 03:37 AM
Snay

I thought pyramid schemes where illegal. How does 2by2 stay in business? I know so many people who have been duped into joining.
Old 08-08-01, 08:01 AM
bitkahuna
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,417 Likes on 1,584 Posts

Originally posted by Snay
I thought pyramid schemes where illegal. How does 2by2 stay in business? I know so many people who have been duped into joining.
There are thousands of them out there, usually disguised and 'repositioned' and described as 'different', but they're all the same. Problem is they come and go so fast, authorities can't keep up with them.

Maybe cong28 should explain how 2by4 makes money, apart from convincing people to 'sell' their products and services to others who in turn are convinced to sell it to others, etc. with no real end consumer.

Quick Reply: 2x2.net in GS Gallery?