GS - 2nd Gen (1998-2005) Discussion about the second generation GS300, GS400 and GS430 (1998 - 2005)

2006 off to a bad start!! Look what happened.

Search this Thread

Old 01-08-06, 03:07 PM
Automan
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default 2006 off to a bad start!! Look what happened.

Well 2006 is supposed to be a great year for me. I'm getting married, moving to a beautiful new home in Birmingham and all kinds of other great stuff. However if the first week of 2006 is any indication of things to come it is going to be a long year. Here is what happened.....

My car has been at the shop since last July I had some damage to my front bumber and some other mods going on so I just told them to take their time plus it was garaged while it is kept there. Anyway I just got the car back on Monday. So I take it to get gas but notice that my headrest monitors were not working so I call the shop and they have me bring it back. Well it was raining and about a block from the shop I hit a deep pothole which was filled with water so I didn't see it. I immediately heard a scraping sound. And was like oh shoot good thing I am right around the corner from the shop. Well I was cutting a corner when I hit the pot hole so it bent one of the clips from inside the wheel well into the tire and cut it badly (See the first pics). So after accessing the damage we agree that I will take it home and I make it.

So yesterday I had a new tire put on same size as the other one a 255/35ZR20. Well as I am driving around it is scraping whenever I hit hard bumps and that sort of thing. I am used to that and I have it lowered with the L-Tuned Springs so I can't adjust the height. So anyway since the car has been in the shop since July my tags and safety inspection were expired but I got my new tag stickers put on so I think i'm doing good on Monday I will get it inspected. SO i'm taking my girl to dinner and guess what happens? You guessed it a couple of bored cops spot my car and pull me over. So the cop comes up to the driver side and states that my inspection sticker is expired and I proceed to tell him about how the car has been in the shop since the middle of last year. He says ok I'm not gonna give you a ticket for that only a warning BUT I see that you have a TV in the drivers view and that is illegal so i'm gonna give you a ticket for that and your tint on the front looks illegal as well ( I have 35% all the way around instead of the 50% on the front). By now his buddy is on the passenger side shining a light into the backseat. I said "What is he doing?" He said he's just backup so I said ok. So I get the ticket for the TV's and he suggests that I change quite a few things on my car because they are illegal. So by now i'm in a pretty bad mood and I say let's just goto dinner look at the tuxes then get a movie and come home. Should be easy enough huh.

So now we are at the movie store and I happen to look at my drivers side tire because it was just scraping way to much and I almost died when I saw that the fender was all bent up and the paint was chipping off. Check out the rest of the pics. I need new tires and rims and have ordered some from D2 but now I need major repair and paint. Also I need to make sure that this does not happen again. I know you will all say I have to get coilovers man I didn't want to spend a bunch of money on the car this year. At any rate 2006 is off to a bad start. Not to mention the fact that the Redskins won to cap off the bad day.
Attached Thumbnails 2006 off to a bad start!! Look what happened.-tiredamage1.jpg  
Old 01-08-06, 03:08 PM
Automan
Lexus Test Driver

A clip from the fender did this damage.
Attached Thumbnails 2006 off to a bad start!! Look what happened.-tiredamage2.jpg  
Old 01-08-06, 03:09 PM
Automan
Lexus Test Driver

Last one of tire damage. How can I prevent this from happening again?
Attached Thumbnails 2006 off to a bad start!! Look what happened.-tiredamage3.jpg  
Old 01-08-06, 03:11 PM
Automan
Lexus Test Driver

Got a new tire and this is what happened..
Attached Thumbnails 2006 off to a bad start!! Look what happened.-fenderdamage1.jpg  
Old 01-08-06, 03:12 PM
Automan
Lexus Test Driver

The guys at Creative Customs are gonna flip when they see this!!
Attached Thumbnails 2006 off to a bad start!! Look what happened.-fenderdamage2.jpg  
Old 01-08-06, 03:13 PM
Automan
Lexus Test Driver

2006 off to a bad start!!
Attached Thumbnails 2006 off to a bad start!! Look what happened.-fenderdamage3.jpg  
Old 01-08-06, 03:20 PM
GWELEX
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Must of been a heck of a pothole. Sorry to hear about all of the problems, I guess when it rains it pours. If your car is legal you shouldn't have any problems getting tickets dismissed.
Old 01-08-06, 03:58 PM
LEXUS_KID
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Dam man that suck's but hey look at it this way your going to be starting your life with your girl now and all the other stuff can be re-placed. So 2006 is going to be the best year of your life.
Old 01-08-06, 04:19 PM
1SWTGS
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

same thing happen to me you have to shave off the inside be using a dremel tool.you can do this without take your rims off.
Old 01-08-06, 05:03 PM
tmf2004
5% Club. Killing it!!!

Received 63 Likes on 61 Posts

that stinks dude...sorry to here and see that... My gf and i just came back from Birm. AL her parents live there... We actually looked at some houses in trussville where her brother lives.. Very nice area and really cheaply priced compared to FL... I couldn't beleive the prices on a 4/2.5. Good Luck and Congrats on the new home...
Old 01-08-06, 05:35 PM
Automan
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by tmf2004
that stinks dude...sorry to here and see that... My gf and i just came back from Birm. AL her parents live there... We actually looked at some houses in trussville where her brother lives.. Very nice area and really cheaply priced compared to FL... I couldn't beleive the prices on a 4/2.5. Good Luck and Congrats on the new home...
Hey man that's exactly where our house is. In Carrington Lakes in Trussville. To those who do not know Birmingham has some unbelieveable housing deals. While we are on the subject check this out. This is my new home under construction in Birmingham AL.

Specs:
Gated Community
1.5 acres
All brick
4 bedrooms
3.5 bathrooms
2 car garage
3200 sq feet heated
4300 sq feet total

All for under $400,000!!

I love homes and would love to see others if anyone wants to share.
Attached Thumbnails 2006 off to a bad start!! Look what happened.-house3.jpg  
Old 01-08-06, 06:16 PM
TLW
Lexus Fanatic

dude!!!! That house would be a millon+ easy by me

Congrats on the house
Old 01-08-06, 06:36 PM
JeffTsai
Lexus Fanatic

Received 43 Likes on 17 Posts

Hey 1skcvc, what kind of tire sizes are you guys running that will cause that to happen? The cut in the tire looks pretty horrible. Im going to be runnin 19's and I hope I wont have that problem.

Also, what is this clip you are talking about? Is it that rubber strip thing in the fender that is screwed in?
Old 01-08-06, 06:42 PM
bluelex
Lexus Fanatic

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Dam dude, I feel your pain that happen to me once when I turned up a ramp to hard and it flipped the fendor a little like you did but I was able to bend it back myself but my paint didn't ship so I was ok, your paint chipped so your probably going to have the fendor re-painted. As far as the House man Big congrats. I'm closing on my new House Wed. I love the brick styled homes you can't get that here in FL...Congrats again and hopfully you'll her back up and running soon before the new wheels come in.
Old 01-08-06, 06:52 PM
nate579
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Automan
Hey man that's exactly where our house is. In Carrington Lakes in Trussville. To those who do not know Birmingham has some unbelieveable housing deals. While we are on the subject check this out. This is my new home under construction in Birmingham AL.

Specs:
Gated Community
1.5 acres
All brick
4 bedrooms
3.5 bathrooms
2 car garage
3200 sq feet heated
4300 sq feet total

All for under $400,000!!

I love homes and would love to see others if anyone wants to share.
That house would be 750,000-1.2 Mil here in PG County Maryland, which is considered cheap in around the DC area. In N.Virginia I know it would be 1 Million easy. Hmmmm, I have check my job for openings in Birmingham. AL. Don't like the south much but I sure can learn too..

Quick Reply: 2006 off to a bad start!! Look what happened.