GS - 2nd Gen (1998-2005) Discussion about the second generation GS300, GS400 and GS430 (1998 - 2005)

Clear Turn Signals In Rear Lights

Search this Thread

Old 01-09-06, 12:08 PM
Fourcaratz
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Clear Turn Signals In Rear Lights

Does anyone know how to "clear" out the rear turn signal? I have the '01 tails....I want it so the reverse and turn signals match...any advice or knowledge on this would be helpful...
Old 01-09-06, 12:28 PM
Fourcaratz
Rookie

Default Clear turn signals in '01 tails

Does anyone know how to get this done? I want the turn signals to match the reverse light housing..
Old 01-09-06, 12:31 PM
TLW
Lexus Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

do you mean like these
Attached Thumbnails Clear Turn Signals In Rear Lights-122_2203-small-.jpg  
Old 01-09-06, 12:45 PM
Neo
The One

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I assume you are talking about for your 2GS. Although I will not say impossible, it is VERY VERY difficult. This is why you see these from Junction Produce for 1350. There are a few more companies like Kazz who did something similar (for similar pricing) but the quality just does not look the same. Do a search for clear taillights or Junction produce taillights to see discussions on the difficulties.

This is also why you see this mod on many cars that already have a lot of mods. It is one of those finishing touches. Few would do this as a first mod but after you've already spent 5-figures, the cost does not seem as bad.
Old 01-09-06, 02:27 PM
Fourcaratz
Rookie

EXACTLY like those!!! Damn, that looks sooo hot
Old 01-09-06, 02:54 PM
r00kie
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by Neo
...This is also why you see this mod on many cars that already have a lot of mods. It is one of those finishing touches. Few would do this as a first mod but after you've already spent 5-figures, the cost does not seem as bad.

That is the truth! After 2 years of modding, I can finally say this will by my final mod once I decide whether to go with JP or wait for LuxuryMods and see what their clear tails will look like.
Old 01-09-06, 10:01 PM
LEXUS_KID
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by r00kie
That is the truth! After 2 years of modding, I can finally say this will by my final mod once I decide whether to go with JP or wait for LuxuryMods and see what their clear tails will look like.

If they ever make them I was waiting like you but I pulled the trigger and asked my girl to get them for me for Christmas
Old 01-10-06, 09:39 AM
Fourcaratz
Rookie

Originally Posted by Neo
I assume you are talking about for your 2GS. Although I will not say impossible, it is VERY VERY difficult. This is why you see these from Junction Produce for 1350.

As in $1,350.00? WOW, that's a hell of a lot of money to have my turn signal clear! Man, if I pulled the trigger on those @ that price, I'd have to get my money's worth and drive around with my hazards! Screw it, just have'em wired to my headlamps! Joking aside, that's a hell of a price for real. I see how you say it's a mod that people do after they've already spent x-amount of thousands on their GS. Okay, so I'll just put that on the backburner for now...ok, how about the all-red tails (minus reverse) that I've seen? What's the story on those?
Old 01-10-06, 09:51 AM
lx4life
Pole Position

more than likely they painted all red which is more cost effective and might look good.
Old 01-10-06, 09:58 AM
sputniknyc
Lexus Test Driver

some members have stuck red film over the amber part.
Old 01-10-06, 10:23 AM
markgs4
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

another alternative that some of us take is clearing out the 98 tailights, which looks nice also Definitely not JP by any stretch of the imagination, but a nice alternative look to stock tails, and something to hold us over until a cheaper alternative to JP comes along (or until we can save up enough for the JP)...
Old 01-10-06, 10:36 AM
chuckb
Lexus Fanatic

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I love JP tails, but man........$$$$.......

here's me with $1500 of mod money: brand new 3.76 LSD or Tail lights
duh
Old 01-10-06, 01:59 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup
Senior Moderator

Received 190 Likes on 148 Posts

Originally Posted by Fourcaratz
As in $1,350.00? WOW, that's a hell of a lot of money to have my turn signal clear! Man, if I pulled the trigger on those @ that price, I'd have to get my money's worth and drive around with my hazards! Screw it, just have'em wired to my headlamps! Joking aside, that's a hell of a price for real. I see how you say it's a mod that people do after they've already spent x-amount of thousands on their GS. Okay, so I'll just put that on the backburner for now...ok, how about the all-red tails (minus reverse) that I've seen? What's the story on those?
hahhaa, people know how much i threw into my car, and the jp taillights were pretty much the last set of items i put on the car. so go figure
Old 01-10-06, 02:42 PM
Neo
The One

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by rominl
hahhaa, people know how much i threw into my car, and the jp taillights were pretty much the last set of items i put on the car. so go figure
I think I am getting to that point.

Old 01-10-06, 07:57 PM
KevinGS
Pole Position

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I like the clear tails so much on almost ANY car, that I knew the JP taillight mod would be much sooner than later for me. It only took me about 5 months and it was mine.

And I have clear LED turn signals for bulbs, so at night the blinkers look gorgeous. I signal ALL the time now, I never forget anymore. But during the day, you might as well roll down the windows and use handsignals because the LEDs are hard to see.

Through frequent emails with Autodynamic (as I am now one of their favorite customers ), they are beta-testing an LED for signals that blinks yellow during the day, and superwhite at night. Can't wait for that one, but he said it could easily be $65/bulb. OUCH!

I want that LSD, but it can wait. I drive my car ALOT since I use it for work, and the $45-50 fillups are already killing me. If the LSD is gonna make my gas go down even faster, I have to pass for now.

Plus, I really like a good burnout once in a while, especially with that SRT intake roaring. People look over at me with tire smoke engulfing the car and that intake screaming....and they think that my Lexus just came off the racetrack. LOL

Last edited by KevinGS; 01-10-06 at 08:02 PM.