GS - 2nd Gen (1998-2005) Discussion about the second generation GS300, GS400 and GS430 (1998 - 2005)

My GS was totaled tonight

Search this Thread

Old 01-11-06, 08:44 AM
bmgs400
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Wow. Lexus GS vs. full-size pickup...looks like the pickup sustained more damage.
Old 01-11-06, 08:54 AM
DuttyLeXus
Pole Position

Very sorry to hear about your car...its sad when something like this happens and we cant really do anything about it. But to be totally honest with you it looks like it could be fixed......if you could take some pics under the hood and under the rear. Ive seen GS's in worst conditions fixed before. What insurance company do you have??? I know some insurance companys wont total these cars, they actually hold down their value. And i know from working within a bodyshop that theres aftermarket rear quarter panels and fenders...i see for a fact that the doors need to be replaced. I couldnt honeslty see this beast come back from the dead..lol just a lil words of encouragement if you want to bring it back...anything is possible with a little bit of time and money. Dont let it go man...
Old 01-11-06, 08:57 AM
bluelex
Lexus Fanatic

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Wow that looks really bad but their is some good news in that your engine area looks like it went untouched for the most part, Looks like you can save that beast and slap her into another monster...
Old 01-11-06, 09:01 AM
Agent$mith
Intermediate

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Damn. That's a crazy story. I'm glad everyone was ok though. The engine looks really intact, which is good.

How do insurance companies cover cars if you let your friend drive it? I always wondered about that.
Old 01-11-06, 09:06 AM
Fourcaratz
Rookie

Sorry to see this happened man, but the MAIN part is human life. And thank GOD for it being spared. Was your friend wearing his seatbelt? Dumb question, I know, but it just looked like it didn't deploy from the bit of steering wheel I saw in the pic. I do see the side bag came out though. And you're right, that lexus cabin is a tank for the most part. I know firsthand, my brother had a1994 LS400 that was totaled in 2000. From the hit, smart money would've been on a horrible outcome, but he and I were ok (THAT LEXUS QUALITY). I've lost a car as well (pre-GS days), a Mazda Millenia (1st car). And one thing I've learned about accidents is this: 80% of the time, there is always something we could've done to prevent it. And in this case, as we all do, you've learned a lesson as well- keep excess drivers close to none. Me personally, I've had my Millenia hit, while my boy was driving too (US BIG-HEARTED LEXUS OWNERS). And I was in the passenger seat, which was even more disheartening. So I learned that if something's gonna happen, let me be behind the wheel. I'm still trying to practice this, as I'm always trying to help those I care about. But overall, it helps everyone this way. NOT trying to steal the thread man, just letting you know that WE RELATE...
Old 01-11-06, 09:16 AM
DuttyLeXus
Pole Position

Originally Posted by Agent$mith
Damn. That's a crazy story. I'm glad everyone was ok though. The engine looks really intact, which is good.

How do insurance companies cover cars if you let your friend drive it? I always wondered about that.
assuming its full covarage- insurace have covarage on collision repair.
Old 01-11-06, 09:26 AM
dsouth
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Sorry to hear about accident. Best wishes to your friend & the others!
Old 01-11-06, 09:27 AM
Richie
Lexus Fanatic

Thats some serious damage
Old 01-11-06, 09:34 AM
Wringo
Lexus Champion

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Default Accident!

Sorry to hear of your accident and let's thank GOD,nobody was killed in the collision! Your car appears to have held up pretty good with more damage to the truck! Looks like you can still save the engine? We wish a speedy recovery to your friend and the other family, and look forward to seeing you rebound real soon. In the misdt of it all, we know you will rise again. Remember no matter the investment material items can be replaced, lives cannot!
Old 01-11-06, 09:54 AM
GS300Rich
Lexus Fanatic

Looking at those pics really shows how severe of an accident this was. Since it was towed to a body shop are they going to try to repair it, or is that just a staging area for the estimator? The cabin of the GS looks to be in good shape considering the accident. I think we all should be glad we are driving such a safe car
Old 01-11-06, 09:59 AM
jonathancl
Racer

Received 364 Likes on 253 Posts

Someone cut him off, huh? I so don't buy it. He was flying.

He's lucky he didn't kill someone. Shame on your idiot friend.

I hope someone hugged you about the car.

Last edited by jonathancl; 01-11-06 at 12:07 PM.
Old 01-11-06, 10:03 AM
RICHYRICH
Pole Position

Glad to hear everyone is ok, now comes the hard part..Dealing with the insurance company
Old 01-11-06, 10:15 AM
Agent$mith
Intermediate

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by DuttyLeXus
assuming its full covarage- insurace have covarage on collision repair.
I mean like if insurance coverage was for the main driver. How do they cover for people not in your insurance card? I've usually don't drive friend's cars because I'm not insured on them.
Old 01-11-06, 12:12 PM
gtmax
Driver

Damn i feel for you man. All that work that went to the car...

Are you pissed off at your friend? Before i bought my GS4, one of the things the previous owner, a friend of mine, was saying is that you shouldn't ever lend the car to anyone. NOt so much because it's a GS, but because if they ever got into an accident, the other person can sue you and not whoever was driving.

Good luck to you.
Old 01-11-06, 12:22 PM
BLAZE
Lexus Test Driver

Wow, Again... thank god everybody is still alive. I can't even imagine what is going through your mind right now, I'd be pretty sick. Seems like u are taking this very well, that's good. Hopefully your insurance will cover most of your expenses and you could at least get some money back. Maybe you can find a high milage 300 for a decent price and perform another swap. Well good luck, Dammm even I'm hurt..

Quick Reply: My GS was totaled tonight