GS - 2nd Gen (1998-2005) Discussion about the second generation GS300, GS400 and GS430 (1998 - 2005)

My GS was totaled tonight

Search this Thread

Old 01-11-06 | 01:35 PM
Indio
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by BadAssGS3T
Thank you so much for all those words of support. I just came back from the storage place and got the car towed to an auto body shop. Here are some of the pictures that I took. There was little damage done to the driver side except that I lost my SSR GT1s that I use for the track I was impressed by how the cabin of the car remained virtually undisturbed. When you look at the car from the outside, you would think that had there been anyone in the passenger seat, that person would have been dead. However, when you look inside the car, you realize that nothing major would have really happened to the passenger. Of course there is a little blood in that particular picture but nothing major. Most of the blood was on the driver side and I did not feel like taking pictures of that.

Driver side: almost no damage except for the front wheel

Passenger side Front: destroyed

Passenger side Rear: destroyed

Car interior: Virtually undisturbed

This is the truck that did all the damage

Judging by this accident, I don't think anyone should have anymore doubts about the superior build quality of the Lexus.

The GS faired very well vs. a mean old F-150 with a chrome bumper, everyone here should be impressed with it's structual integrity, good luck and in the future remember the advice of ChrisTucker in Friday: you borrow sugar or maybe even ketchup but borrow my car...............
Old 01-11-06 | 01:48 PM
the hustler07
Lead Lap

damn...how did he lose his finger with a hit on the pass. side
Old 01-11-06 | 03:34 PM
LS4fun
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by jonathancl
Someone cut him off, huh? I so don't buy it. He was flying.

He's lucky he didn't kill someone. Shame on your idiot friend.

I hope someone hugged you about the car.
Sorry for the car...but i agree....BS.....he was testing out what you had under the hood.

Now the fact that the police gave him a speeding ticket that eventually caused a SERIOUS collision, i would as an owner of the vehicle be very worried about an impending lawsuit from the occupants of the truck.

I hope your insurance coverage is pretty high because unfortunately YOU (as the owner of this vehicle) will now suffer the consequence and may suffer severe financial penalties for your friend's irresponsible behavior.

The fact that the accident was probably photographed by the police due to its severity will easily reveal to the prosecuting attorney and his or her client that you car had SOME work done to it (which supports reckless speeds) that is not supported by the manufacturer of the vehicle.

I say to you my friend.....GOOD LUCK and get an attorney NOW. You may want to think about how your friend just screwed the hell out of you.
Old 01-11-06 | 03:44 PM
BadAssGS3T
Driver

You guys are great...for the most part. I never knew there were so many buzzards watching from the sidelines...lol. At any rate, I have full coverage on the car. However, I know from experience that full coverage does not mean much. Just last year, I had another friend of mine flip over my Porsche GT2. I am still in court trying to get the insurance to pay me for that car. They said the accident happened because he was racing on the highway. Since the accident was the result of an illegal activity, State Farm denied that claim.

I have a different insurance company with this car. When I called my lawyer today, he suggested I return the car back to stock before I even call the insurance company. Since my car was insured as a stock GS 300, which kept my insurance costs very low, he said that they might attempt to use that fact and claim misrepresentation which would allow for them to deny the claim. I am having the swap performed as soon as I can get my hands on a GS motor, even one not running, as I had already given mine away. Luckily, I still have the stock transmission.

I was also told that the only way the insurance would deny my claim on the basis of someone else driving the car is if that person lived in the same house as I, AND I did not declare that person as a driver.

As for being pissed off at my friend, why should I be? Accidents happen. I am sure he did not mean to almost kill himself and cut off his finger in the process. To tell you the truth, I have no idea his finger got injured. He himself does know since hepassed out immediately after the impact.

I don't know how true that is but my friend told me that his insurance policy covers any car that he drives. While I know that can be the case for rentals, I have never heard of anything like that for private cars. My lawyer told me to check with his insurance agent to find out the schope of his policy. I would hate to have that crash go on my insurance.

Bluelex, sorry you never got to ride it bro. However, I am sure that same set up could be showing up soon under the hood of a member near you...yeah a quick buzzard...lol

Burton, thanks for the kind words. I am happy I was able to be of some assistance.
Old 01-11-06 | 03:46 PM
DASHOCKER
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by FunGuy
Are any of your aftermarket parts still salvagable? If so, please pm me. thanks.
not cool I'm glad everyone survived.
Old 01-11-06 | 03:49 PM
LS4fun
Lexus Fanatic

I'm glad that you have seeked legal representation.
Old 01-11-06 | 03:58 PM
LEXISM
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by BadAssGS3T

Bluelex, sorry you never got to ride it bro. However, I am sure that same set up could be showing up soon under the hood of a member near you...yeah a quick buzzard...lol

wow that was quick
so your not going to build her up again
well I guess BadAssGS3T soul is going to be in some ones GS3
Old 01-11-06 | 03:58 PM
BadAssGS3T
Driver

Originally Posted by GS4fun
Sorry for the car...but i agree....BS.....he was testing out what you had under the hood.

Now the fact that the police gave him a speeding ticket that eventually caused a SERIOUS collision, i would as an owner of the vehicle be very worried about an impending lawsuit from the occupants of the truck.

I hope your insurance coverage is pretty high because unfortunately YOU (as the owner of this vehicle) will now suffer the consequence and may suffer severe financial penalties for your friend's irresponsible behavior.

The fact that the accident was probably photographed by the police due to its severity will easily reveal to the prosecuting attorney and his or her client that you car had SOME work done to it (which supports reckless speeds) that is not supported by the manufacturer of the vehicle.

I say to you my friend.....GOOD LUCK and get an attorney NOW. You may want to think about how your friend just screwed the hell out of you.
It's likely that he was speeding but I doubt he was testing anything. He has driven the GS many times and knows how the car performs. As far as I know, he is not into racing either. Therefore, I will give him the benefit of the doubt and take his word for it.

Whatever coverage is standard for a GS is what I got. I know it's full coverage and I also have uninsured motorist. I have no doubts that the lawsuits will be coming. I already contacted my lawyer about that. Thanks for the advice
Old 01-11-06 | 04:22 PM
bluelex
Lexus Fanatic

I have my old gs3 motor & tranny at my house if your interested, I'm in West Palm Beach...
Old 01-11-06 | 04:31 PM
1st-Lex
Driver

Sorry about the ride bro,glad that everyone walked away.Let us know how you make out with the insurance company.
Old 01-11-06 | 05:50 PM
tone
Lead Lap

i can understand you lending your car to your best friend, although thats something id never do simply because its a huge responsibility on both ends....... your friend was injured, im pretty sure the last thing he wanted to do was total your car... i know i couldnt look at you if i was in his position, id be a mess but these things happen...thank god he's okay, the car can be replaced and maybe even repaired....as cliche as it sounds, things happen the exact way theyre supposed to happen. It couldve been much worse. About the car, that sucks a bunch of *****, but im pretty sure better things await for you. Feel better. Another thing, i see people here jumping to conclusions about how irresponsible your friend was, I personally wouldnt jump to conclusions without knowing exactly what happened.

Last edited by tone; 01-11-06 at 05:56 PM.
Old 01-11-06 | 06:49 PM
LEXUS_KID
Lexus Champion

Sorry to hear about your accident.
Old 01-11-06 | 07:01 PM
beez43
Pole Position

im so sorry to hear about your ride.. man it is a SICK *** RIDE!! however, at least there were no deaths involved in this.. so what are you going to do with it afterwards? just part out the internals and start another project??
Old 01-11-06 | 07:18 PM
benzo555
Lexus Test Driver

speechless... Thank God everyone is ok..
Old 01-11-06 | 07:48 PM
BadAssGS3T
Driver

Originally Posted by bluelex
I have my old gs3 motor & tranny at my house if your interested, I'm in West Palm Beach...
I am definitely VERY interested in your old GS3 motor. After my swap, I gave my old one away since I did not anticipate ever needing one again. However, because I was told that my tranny would be the first to go once I get started with upgrades, I ended up keeping my transmission for rainy days. Please PM me if you are interested in selling just the motor and let me know how much you want for it. I could pick it up from you tomorrow. Thanks

Quick Reply: My GS was totaled tonight