GS - 2nd Gen (1998-2005) Discussion about the second generation GS300, GS400 and GS430 (1998 - 2005)

My GS was totaled tonight

Search this Thread

Old 01-11-06, 08:07 PM
bluelex
Lexus Fanatic

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by BadAssGS3T
I am definitely VERY interested in your old GS3 motor. After my swap, I gave my old one away since I did not anticipate ever needing one again. However, because I was told that my tranny would be the first to go once I get started with upgrades, I ended up keeping my transmission for rainy days. Please PM me if you are interested in selling just the motor and let me know how much you want for it. I could pick it up from you tomorrow. Thanks
I sent you a pm with my number...
Old 01-11-06, 08:20 PM
benxd
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I want your engine.

What exhaust do you have?
Old 01-11-06, 08:54 PM
gserep1
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I am so sorry to hear of your misfortune. I have been in your shoes just over a year ago, and I don't want to repeat that scenario.

Even though that car was basically one of a kind, noone lost their lives, and THAT is the most important thing right now.

If you have the energy and the motivation, hopefully you can do it again, and this time make it even BETTER than the one you had. I know I felt numb for a long time after I lost my GS4, so it will take time.

Take care of the business at hand, ensure there are no lawsuits, and things should start coming back together.

Damn, that is so hard to accept, but that is reality, and we are all subject to the same fate at any time.

TAKE CARE!
Old 01-11-06, 10:17 PM
BklynJay
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default R.i.p.

I don't think anyone should ask anything from BadAssGS. It's bad enough that he lost his car, pending lawsuit, people getting hurt, etc. Then to hear people asking for parts is just wrong. If he wants to sell anything let him make a thread about it and not pressure him. He has so much on his plate right. One word.... RESPECT
Old 01-12-06, 05:42 AM
DASHOCKER
Lexus Fanatic

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Don't let the insurance appraiser take photos of the car with the mods on it. Did they take the photos already? Does the odo work? Give the crooked insurance company a lower mileage than what is actually on the car. If you have comprehensive coverage, they will give you the book value of the car based on mileage and age.
Old 01-12-06, 06:26 AM
tmasta
Intermediate

My insurance told me that if the car was NOT totalled i would be able to get money for aftermarket parts.. if the car was ever totalled they would only give me the KBB or whatever that amount is regardless of any mods i did.. hope ure not in the same boat!! good luck and MAN that car is sweet!!
Old 01-12-06, 10:42 AM
Aristo94
Pole Position

BADASSGS3T:

hey man i feel for ya i totaled my 94 gs but i didnt have as much done to mine but i was t-boned on my side and well that wreck doesnt look as bad, but still looks of great magnitude, u can see pics of mine under 1st gen forum i was pinned in my car for 45 min and they had to use the jaws of LIFE....i was hit by an ambulence.....so my babies gone! i came out with 6 stiches in my leg , couple of cuts up n down my leg n arm and a hurt knee and hip im still recovering but im able to walk now which i am very thankful for and please give my best wishes for your friend from me to have a speedy recovery ,hope hes doing better.......and hopefully you can get another gs300!
Old 01-12-06, 02:07 PM
ARISTO*7
Lexus Champion

sorry to see your car like this dude.
Old 01-12-06, 02:40 PM
bmgs400
Lexus Champion

Even if the insurance company totals the car...you get your $$ plus the option to keep the car. Then you can sell the parts.
Old 01-12-06, 05:27 PM
GS3Tek

Received 165 Likes on 126 Posts

Wow. Relieved that everyone is able to walk out this accident

As for the car, it's replaceable.

Hope everyone recovered fine.
Old 01-19-06, 08:40 AM
pass1914
Pole Position

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
Default I agree completely !

Originally Posted by BklynJay
I don't think anyone should ask anything from BadAssGS. It's bad enough that he lost his car, pending lawsuit, people getting hurt, etc. Then to hear people asking for parts is just wrong. If he wants to sell anything let him make a thread about it and not pressure him. He has so much on his plate right. One word.... RESPECT
I agree completely, sorry for all your losses BadAssGS . This is John w/the 2001 BLK/BLK GS300 in West Palm Beach, we spoke a few times about the GTE VVTi swap, LMK if you need anything ?
Old 01-19-06, 09:13 AM
manila_boy
Lead Lap

man sorry for the loss, my blessings to those who got hurt and to u who did'nt ...ur lucky to be alive n well, i had a similar accident in 02 - now i have a pin on my right femur, unfortunately the lady who's driving the other car got killed (long story!)

about the car, it looks like a dream that became a reality - all of a sudden it died bcoz of such n such, the good thing about it is u can build exact same car u had..it's a material thing, but "LIFE" is ireplacable
Old 01-19-06, 03:52 PM
j stuff
Lexus Champion

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

damn sorry for the loss. Just wondering what kind of front bumper you had on it.
Old 01-19-06, 05:21 PM
LEXISM
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by j stuff
damn sorry for the loss. Just wondering what kind of front bumper you had on it.
Veilside k1
Old 01-19-06, 06:52 PM
braheem
Lead Lap

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Glad to hear all you lost was a car, I'm in Ocala I have the stock rims w/tires, 98-00 tail lights and a few other things you're welcome to have any of them if you need them.

Ibrahim

Quick Reply: My GS was totaled tonight