GS - 2nd Gen (1998-2005) Discussion about the second generation GS300, GS400 and GS430 (1998 - 2005)

Just a little dynamat

Search this Thread

Old 01-13-06, 06:32 PM
dallasgs4
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Just a little dynamat

Here is a pic of my car getting ready to get her audio put in since my interior is getting done i just thought id do it all. This is the car gutted and the whole interior wrapped in dynamat to keep all the vibrations out, also to get real good sound.
Attached Thumbnails Just a little dynamat-dyna.jpg  
Old 01-13-06, 07:04 PM
chuckb
Lexus Fanatic

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I must say dude, you've really jumped in with both feet.
Old 01-13-06, 08:14 PM
GSXLEX
Racer

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Whew..Enjoy the toys..Dont know what kind of system you're putting in but that may be DYNAMAT OVERKILL!!!!..Id guess with the interior gutted it must be a killer system coming!!
Old 01-13-06, 08:19 PM
tmf2004
5% Club. Killing it!!!

Received 63 Likes on 61 Posts

damn i guess you wont beable to here yourself at all with that dynamat in there... Good Luck..T
Old 01-13-06, 08:19 PM
LEXUS_KID
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

What's going in there
Old 01-13-06, 08:23 PM
GWELEX
Lexus Champion

A little dynamat? Real curious to see what's up your sleeve for this audio system.
Old 01-14-06, 04:09 AM
aloha08isf
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

dynamat truely does help from experience...I am just glad your doing it right all the way! man your car is gonna turn out looking spectacular.
Old 01-14-06, 06:05 AM
Hameed
EV ftw!!!

Received 301 Likes on 181 Posts

Originally Posted by dallasgs4
Here is a pic of my car getting ready to get her audio put in since my interior is getting done i just thought id do it all. This is the car gutted and the whole interior wrapped in dynamat to keep all the vibrations out, also to get real good sound.
That looks amazing!!

Did you do it yourself or was it done by professionals at the audio shop?

I want to sound proof my car like that (just so that it becomes extremely quiet in the car) and am curious as to how you took out the front seats (assuming you did it yourself).
Old 01-14-06, 06:25 AM
bluelex
Lexus Fanatic

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

I'm running our of words and am going to become boring using the same words over and over again with all these threads you are starting....LOL Can't wait to see this monster come out..
Old 01-14-06, 06:31 AM
bitkahuna
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,405 Likes on 1,577 Posts

Wow nice job. Just the material alone cost a bunch $$$.
Old 01-14-06, 09:06 AM
corkycal
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

care to share a little of what audio components going in?
Old 01-14-06, 10:07 AM
fireballs gs400
Lexus Champion

Default 1 thing

just no tv in the airbag please!!!
Old 01-14-06, 10:26 AM
GATO
Lexus Champion

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by bitkahuna
Wow nice job. Just the material alone cost a bunch $$$.

exactly my thaughts.........that stuff is freaking expensive......this is going to be nice and quite
Old 01-14-06, 04:19 PM
dallasgs4
Driver

OK guys i'm going to slow down on all these new treads I'm starting, but to answer some questions I'm not doing it myself. I have a real good friend that gave me an amazing deal redoing my car from the head unit to the trunk. He is rated #3 installer for his company in the US and he want to get his name out there. I will make a list when it is completed which should be Monday or Tuesday. I didn't do the TVs in the airbag or the sun visors . I just want real clean mids and highs and real clean deep bass most of all i want a quality set up. I'm just now posting pic, some of the things I'm putting on my car i bought and waited to put on or together. Hameed my brother and the guy putting my audio in took the seats out so if you would like to know i can find out for you.
Old 01-14-06, 06:20 PM
Exsys2000
Driver

Default Seat removal

Removing the seat is fairly easy. I removed mine today for my audio upgrade I am doing myself. The seats are removed so I could run the wiring securely and neatly. I recommend sliding the seats all the way forward and removing the rear bolts first. You will see small slits in the bolt caps, that is where the catch is that holds the caps. Gently and carefully pry near the slits and the cap should pop off. Remove the bolts. Slide the seats all the way to the back and tilt the seat back slightly forward (nearly upright) then disconnect the negative battery cable. My seats have the side air bags in them and I am not sure if all of them do but just in case, disconnect the battery cable since you may be disconnecting an air bag connector. Remove the front bolt caps and the front bolts. Tilt the seat back to expose the wiring harness and disconnect all of them. The seats can now be removed but be careful, they are heavy. I had to rotate mine until they were pointing to the side to remove them without damaging the seats or the car.

I ordered sound deadening mat but it has not arrived yet. I did not intend to do the floor anyway. With the carpeting and thick padding, I don't think much road noise comes from there. My matting is for the doors which I may not even get to this weekend.

Quick Reply: Just a little dynamat