GS - 2nd Gen (1998-2005) Discussion about the second generation GS300, GS400 and GS430 (1998 - 2005)

The best of the best

Search this Thread

Old 01-13-06, 11:36 PM
BadAssGS3T
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default The best of the best

Over the years, I have been a member of many car forums. From Honda boards to BMW and Porsche. Yes, I even was on the Z28 board at one time! From my experience, I must say that this board is the best of them all. Lexus owners seem to be of a special breed: more civilized and always ready to help others.

To validate the statement about class, one needs not look any further than the kind of language used by posters of this board.

Granted the moderators do a fantastic job BUT, it’s been very refreshing to see that most members are able to police themselves. In fact, many of the troublemakers we have had in the past were not even Lexus owners!

Even our kill/racing stories section is not characterized by the kind of aggressive talking, commonly found on other boards among performance enthusiasts. It's because Lexus owners that happen to be into performance have been able to achieve the perfect balance. We can get plenty of power without having to sacrifice the main reasons why we bought a Lexus: luxury and reliability. Well balanced people, don't need smash talking to make them feel good.

With regards to helping others, never have I seen a group of people more willing to help!

One example vividly comes to mind as I have had the pleasure of meeting Adrian (BlueLex) yesterday. As many of you know, my car was totaled a few days ago and I needed a motor for insurance purposes (long story). Before long, my PM box was overflowing with generous offers from CL members willing to DONATE some motors that they were not using. A very big thanks to you all. Adrian was the closest local offer.

I offered to pay but this class act individual simply would not accept any money. As I am not one to graciously accept charity, I ended up working out a deal with him. I then headed to West Palm to take delivery of his old set up. There, I had the pleasure of meeting his wonderful wife and adorable daughter. Not to mention that I got to see his beast and the impressive collection of trophies that Adrian has collected over the years!

Before long, the motor and tranny assembly was loaded in my truck with the help of Adrian and his fantastic father-in-law. Unfortunately, the rain had to spoil the ending! We were inside the house washing our hands when it started coming down hard. In a gentleman fashion, Adrian got his umbrella and took me to my truck! We did not have time for long goodbyes! I was so upset I did not have the time to properly thank him while I was there!

I was very impressed by the fact that Adrian, on a handshake, would send me away with entire old set up! I simply HAD to share this story and tell you all how privileged I am to be part of such a fantastic bunch of people. You guys here are the best of the best!
Old 01-13-06, 11:48 PM
Neo
The One

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

That's just awesome. We are and have always been happy to have members like Adrian on CL.
Old 01-14-06, 12:49 AM
Dr.G
Lead Lap

Refreshing thread, glad you were able to get the help you needed, hopefully everything works out to your advantage with the insurance co. Adrian definitely = good peeps. Had the pleasure of getting to know him a little at NOPI.
Old 01-14-06, 12:59 AM
TAMR_GUS98
Lexus Champion

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Thumbs up Big Props!!!!!!!

Great story. Props to Adrian and this wonderfull CL community that we are all proud to be part of.
Will
Old 01-14-06, 01:39 AM
tuddy
Negative Nancy

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

yo that is a solid move on adrians part...nice to hear there are still some good people around nowadays... really impressive and badassG i hope everything works out for you and your back in a GS again
Old 01-14-06, 05:43 AM
GWELEX
Lexus Champion

Props to both of you Adrian for for his exceptional deed of helping others and to you for reconizing it and thanking him in a public forum. I'm still a newbie here, only a member since 08/2005 but I have had 2 great experiences buying parts and have recieved much help on this forum during this brief time. A great group to belong to, just wish i could contribute more to some of the tough questions asked here.
Old 01-14-06, 07:01 AM
bluelex
Lexus Fanatic

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Nick you have so much on your plate I'm just glad I could help so you can get things rolling with your claim. Thanx for the Kind words, It was great meeting you aswell and you know your welcome at my home anytime. Your right I was sad it started to rain so hard, I was going to pick your brain for another hour or so..LOL Glad you made it back down to MIA safe. Good luck with the claim...
Old 01-14-06, 08:07 AM
tone
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

man, see these are *voice breaks* the things that make it all worth while....*sniffle*.....*squeels* its so breautifullll....
Old 01-14-06, 08:46 AM
aliti19
Lexus Test Driver

This is definately the classiest/most helpful car forum i've ever been on. I rarely see a vulgar, or crude comment posted anywhere on the site. Everyone is always here to help. Great job with the site mods!

-George
Old 01-14-06, 08:54 AM
tkracing
Lead Lap

Very nice write up.. Great story!
Bluelex that was awesome
Old 01-14-06, 08:58 AM
corkycal
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

great story and thanks for posting this. i think most people here are mature and are willing to go out of their way to help others.
Old 01-14-06, 08:59 AM
DASHOCKER
Lexus Fanatic

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

We are like family.....Luv you guys. Nice of you to do that A
Old 01-14-06, 09:01 AM
lexforlife
Lexus Fanatic

Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts

nick

glad to see things are moving along for you as far as adrian , i have know him since 2003 and i have always had the opinion of him being one of the most compassionate guys i have ever met , always concerned for his fellow people around him , alwaysthinking about others, from the first day we met at the tower shops , (remember that night)

this too me is what clublexus is all about , helping each other in a extended family way , great job as usual adrian
Old 01-14-06, 09:14 AM
tmf2004
5% Club. Killing it!!!

Received 63 Likes on 61 Posts

I've had Adrian come to my house in Martin County where he adjusted my coilovers and showed me how to do it... After that, we drove around and then we snapped some pics ( great pics i might add). He's just one of those kind of people that will go that extra mile as many of us will to help each other out... I wish i could get down there more often to hang out and shoot the breeze... There seems to be alot of great people on CL... everyone helps each other out thats why were such a great family...

Tony
Old 01-14-06, 09:30 AM
markgs4
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

awesome writeup. definitely a class act on Adrian's part, and even more on BadAssGS3T to to the time and initiative write about your great experience and share it with the rest of us.

Quick Reply: The best of the best