GS - 2nd Gen (1998-2005) Discussion about the second generation GS300, GS400 and GS430 (1998 - 2005)

it's time for a GS!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 01-14-06, 09:55 AM
Gs Dreams
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default it's time for a GS!!!!!

how y'all doing? i sold my Gs back in 08-14-04 and i think it's time for a Gs by now. I search autotrader for a while now and came across a few Gs's i would like for my fellow CL memebers to take a look at and tell me what y'all think.........

http://www.autotrader.com/fyc/vdp.js...00&cardist=691

http://www.autotrader.com/fyc/vdp.js...00&cardist=833

http://www.autotrader.com/fyc/vdp.js...0&cardist=2391

http://www.autotrader.com/fyc/vdp.js...00&cardist=332

http://www.autotrader.com/fyc/vdp.js...00&cardist=685

http://www.autotrader.com/fyc/vdp.js...00&cardist=429

http://www.autotrader.com/fyc/vdp.js...0&cardist=1264

http://www.autotrader.com/fyc/vdp.js...st=2519#vdptop

http://www.autotrader.com/fyc/vdp.js...0&cardist=2384

ok this is what im looking for..........
im leaning more toward the last Gs the reason is, cause of the price, and the interior and engine bay look clean as hell. My quesiton is how much u think i can talk them down on this price for the last Gs? Im going to pay in cash (or personal check) and im coming alllll the way from Jersey for this car and probably gonna set some type of shipment for it.

to me Navi i really don't care for as much because once i get the Gs im going to work on the ICE for it. I mean navi will be cool to have for the time being but once i take it out i will need new ac/hv controls right? So i might as well go non Navi right? The only reason i posted the other Gs's because they had lower mileage and plus a few were from Lexus dealerships. Is the CPO that good? i mean im looking to come out the cheapest way possible ( cause i got plans for a supra) but having a place like lexus to fix your car when something goes wrong with it is a plus in my book. But like i said if i can get a good deal on that last Gs i would just worry about problems as the come along. Im looking to make the purchase with in month im just weighing out my options right now. so if anyone have time check out this Gs's and tell me what y'all think
Old 01-14-06, 10:03 AM
fireballs gs400
Lexus Champion

Default ice choice

I really would not let the headunit make the choice for the car. If it has nav in it, I would personally stick with it, and I would also search for a ride with nav. A aftermarket nav unit is too much trouble in my opinion. The factory nav unit is smooth, and of course oem. I would not go for ice 110% to be honest. It's hard to get a clean system that can stay that way, and make you happy for years down the line. They make audio video hookups for the gs, and also cleansweep from jl audio which can run a aftermarket setup with factory headunit. Good luck with your choice....btw go with jade green color on the car lol
Old 01-14-06, 10:26 AM
Gs Dreams
Pole Position

thanks for your input and im gonna consider that jade green too

you do have a good point but i would like to upgrade my sound system and i always assume that you need a good headunit to work along with your system
i was planning to get a set of jl w7 13.5 (two)
two jl 1000/1
aftermarket 6 disc changer for the glovebox
and the new alpine iva w200( comes out in march)
i read and heard great things about this unit and i always been a fan of alpine products.
i was planning on getting the iva d 901 for a while (the flipout 7in.) for a while till i seen this.but my mind is pretty much set on getting ICE for the GS.
but like i said u know how much should try to talk them down on the last Gs i posted? i mean the car is $24,800 with 54k miles on it with no navi or ML (i think) coming for a non lexus dealership, u think the high teens is to less to ask for ($19k or $18k)
Old 01-14-06, 12:58 PM
Gs Dreams
Pole Position

yea supe87, the reason i was waiting cause i wanted to see how the pre 06 model drop in price. and from what i see they came down alot, i was hoping to get a 01 no navi for around $20k or even lower then that. (the last Gs im refering to) the money i have from selling my gs back in 04 and from working and saving here and there and plus driving my 95 accord around i accumlated of money. so my goal is to get a Gs around the low 20's and see if i can get a supra for about the mid 30's and i will be off to a good start for the 06
Old 01-14-06, 01:19 PM
joshoowa
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by TheSupe87
I think it's time for me too. I've been looking, I want a 98 in the 10-14k range, with no more than 70k miles. I know that's hard to find, but I'm willing to wait. Especially since a GS is rear wheel drive, and will still be a beyotch in the winter, like I've already got with my RWD Supra
your sig is way to big.. the mods are going to tell u the resize it but i figured i would go ahead let u know ahead of time
Old 01-14-06, 01:21 PM
LiLS
Lexus Champion

if its private seller and u got cash, u can bump down the price alottt, after all money talks
Old 01-14-06, 01:30 PM
Gs Dreams
Pole Position

yea that's tru lils but the thing is it will probably come from a dealer (non lexus) but all and all if i got though doe and they see that i doubt they will let me walk
Old 01-14-06, 02:33 PM
LiLS
Lexus Champion

i think u could throw out prices but it wont be bumped down as much as a private owner, maybe not havin to pay all those extras, customers always right (most of the time)
Old 01-14-06, 02:52 PM
NEEDanIS
Driver School Candidate

I was wondering the same thing, I'm thinking about getting a GS 300/430 sport design, but worried about the prices I'm seeing. If your looking to pay low 20's and those cars were hovering around 30's, than are any of those cars posted even in your price range? On average how much can you talk a dealer down with a used car. Say the price tag says 26, how far can you go? I guess this is sort of a stupid question because it all depends, but I'm trying to figure out what price I should actually expect to pay and not based off the KBB value.
Old 01-14-06, 02:56 PM
LiLS
Lexus Champion

i think u could get away payin for the car and haggle with em so u dont pay the extras and tax and such
Old 01-14-06, 03:03 PM
Hollywood
Lead Lap

I dont think the prices for the gs430's have any large drops from last winter.
Old 01-14-06, 06:36 PM
Gs Dreams
Pole Position

Originally Posted by NEEDanIS
I was wondering the same thing, I'm thinking about getting a GS 300/430 sport design, but worried about the prices I'm seeing. If your looking to pay low 20's and those cars were hovering around 30's, than are any of those cars posted even in your price range? On average how much can you talk a dealer down with a used car. Say the price tag says 26, how far can you go? I guess this is sort of a stupid question because it all depends, but I'm trying to figure out what price I should actually expect to pay and not based off the KBB value.
the last 2 or 3 is pretty much in my price range, the range from 27 down to 24. the prices have drop alot, for instance i seen a 03 gs loaded going for 32,000 with 22k on the dash. u have to admit since the 06 bad bodys came out there is no more need for the pre 06 (except for the people who still like the 2nd gen bodystyle)
Old 01-14-06, 06:49 PM
Hollywood
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by Gs Dreams
the last 2 or 3 is pretty much in my price range, the range from 27 down to 24. the prices have drop alot, for instance i seen a 03 gs loaded going for 32,000 with 22k on the dash. u have to admit since the 06 bad bodys came out there is no more need for the pre 06 (except for the people who still like the 2nd gen bodystyle)
Uhh.... When I was looking a year ago they were 27-24k.

No need for pre-06? I think that's a uneducated thing to say for any car. There are many cars that are better than their predecessors.
Old 01-14-06, 07:34 PM
Gs Dreams
Pole Position

Originally Posted by Hollywood
Uhh.... When I was looking a year ago they were 27-24k.

No need for pre-06? I think that's a uneducated thing to say for any car. There are many cars that are better than their predecessors.
i didn't mean it like that im saying everyone knows once the new toys come out everybody want to play with them

and for the prices, when i was looking last year 02 and up where in the low to mid 30's (don't quote me on this, these are the ones i seen in my area Nj)

besides im looking to get a pre 06, im not to much of a big fan of the 06 models. i mean i like the interior but the exterior looks like a new maxima
Old 01-14-06, 10:11 PM
Hollywood
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by Gs Dreams
besides im looking to get a pre 06, im not to much of a big fan of the 06 models. i mean i like the interior but the exterior looks like a new maxima
I agree on that. Plus the back end of the 2nd gen GS is qutie unique.

Quick Reply: it's time for a GS!!!!!