GS - 2nd Gen (1998-2005) Discussion about the second generation GS300, GS400 and GS430 (1998 - 2005)

I just paid $100 for this pic of my car...

Search this Thread

Old 01-16-06, 10:15 AM
DASHOCKER
Lexus Fanatic

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

are you fuggin kiddin me.. I would tell them that there is a malfunction with the machine
Old 01-16-06, 10:17 AM
tmf2004
5% Club. Killing it!!!

Received 63 Likes on 61 Posts

Thats my first time seeing that also.. I guess were on camera half the time and don't even know it...
Old 01-16-06, 10:44 AM
JellyBean
Lead Lap

Received 13 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by brit_lex
Damn! That sucks indeed..

You are now experiencing "speed cameras" that have been all over Europe for years now. A few facts about UK cameras. Only 1 in 8 actually work. The other 7 are dummies.

The cameras use the white lines on the road to calibrate your true speed. You can actually outrun these cameras, but you need to be doing 176mph or faster to avoid detection!!!

So much pressure by drivers has persuaded the law to colour our speed cameras BRIGHT yellow so we can't miss them.

Oh, but now we have new cameras that take a picture of the driver's face, and digital speed cameras that measure the time it takes for you to drive between camera A and camera B, so even if you slow down before A, speed up, slow down for B, they work out your average speed and you're screwed!!
Yep. It's only a matter of time before we get all those law enforcement machines on this side of the Atlantic too. And this is only the beginning. I can't believe how Americans are so careless about their freedoms, allowing the politicians to hand over law enforcement functions to robots and to the for-profit corporations that install and maintain them. But it's for our safety, and that makes it right and me wrong. I think I need a drink.
Old 01-16-06, 10:50 AM
plex
1UZFE/2JZGTE

Received 75 Likes on 58 Posts

Imagine if they put these things on the interstate. Hmmmmm what will the troopers do then
Old 01-16-06, 01:53 PM
GSoup
Lexus Fanatic

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by brit_lex
Damn! That sucks indeed..

You are now experiencing "speed cameras" that have been all over Europe for years now. A few facts about UK cameras. Only 1 in 8 actually work. The other 7 are dummies.

The cameras use the white lines on the road to calibrate your true speed. You can actually outrun these cameras, but you need to be doing 176mph or faster to avoid detection!!!

So much pressure by drivers has persuaded the law to colour our speed cameras BRIGHT yellow so we can't miss them.

Oh, but now we have new cameras that take a picture of the driver's face, and digital speed cameras that measure the time it takes for you to drive between camera A and camera B, so even if you slow down before A, speed up, slow down for B, they work out your average speed and you're screwed!!

what if you paint the lines on the floor black then it has no referenc...
Old 01-16-06, 01:59 PM
enterconne
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

we hav e them in AZ too!!!!!!!!
Old 01-16-06, 02:02 PM
Wringo
Lexus Champion

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Default Maybe!

Originally Posted by LT. LEX
Yeah, I had no clue the camera was even there. I remember driving down that road too, because it was just before i went home for Christmas. When I got the ticket in the mail, the first thing I thought of was how was I going to get out of it, but they had three pics and one zoomed in on my license plate. It was a pretty clear picture. You can even see my yellow "support our troops" magnet on the back near my plate. Like you said, there was no getting out of this one. I mailed them the check that same day. Do you think those plate covers that supposedly distort your tag numbers work?
Supposedly,they do and there is also a spray that you can buy? Have yet to hear from someone who defeated a camera with either though! -wringo
Old 01-16-06, 02:12 PM
gregor4
Driver School Candidate

$100 is not too bad for 20 over. Where I live, people have been getting $250 fines from the camera for only going 7mph over. One cop who got busted by the camera vowed to fight the ticket. It seems like a great way to raise money until cops, politicians, and judges start getting busted. LOL!
Old 01-16-06, 02:31 PM
nate579
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Oh Mayor Williams does again. At least you don't get points off. Here's a secret. In DC they must post the location of the stationary speed cameras which , I have marked on my navigation to remind me. Now the mobile ones you have to watch out for because they can be anywhere at anytime in unmarked unattended police vehicles. Even on Overpasses looking down on highways. Don't you just love my town. They nailed me on a federal highway which is wrong, i was about to fight it before someone else beat me to it. Trivia Time: There 6 federal highways in the US. 4 in DC, 1 in Ny and 1 in San Fransico, they are patrolled by US Park Police and not local. Just a bit of info for the masses.

P.S. I heard they may have turned over some to local but I haven't seen anything as of yet.

P.P.S. You should taken a picture of the check and mailed to them. LOL.
Old 01-16-06, 03:20 PM
plex
1UZFE/2JZGTE

Originally Posted by nate579
Oh Mayor Williams does again. At least you don't get points off. Here's a secret. In DC they must post the location of the stationary speed cameras which , I have marked on my navigation to remind me. Now the mobile ones you have to watch out for because they can be anywhere at anytime in unmarked unattended police vehicles. Even on Overpasses looking down on highways. Don't you just love my town. They nailed me on a federal highway which is wrong, i was about to fight it before someone else beat me to it. Trivia Time: There 6 federal highways in the US. 4 in DC, 1 in Ny and 1 in San Fransico, they are patrolled by US Park Police and not local. Just a bit of info for the masses.

P.S. I heard they may have turned over some to local but I haven't seen anything as of yet.

Where are those locations?
Old 01-16-06, 03:26 PM
Kharizma
Lexus Champion

i didn't know speed traps can catch you if you're moving AWAY from the camera?
Old 01-16-06, 03:27 PM
GS300Rich
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thats a pretty good pic, too bad it cost $100 I am glad we dont have these in FL, as far as I know
Old 01-16-06, 03:45 PM
lexusondubs
dubsonlexus

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

you guys need PHOTOBLOCKER SPRAY !!! you spray it on the license plate and it blurrs out the numbers !! i have some and i have used it on all of my cars it has been tested by the denver police and it works !!! http://www.phantomplate.com/photoblocker.html
Old 01-16-06, 03:58 PM
LT. LEX
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by nate579

Now that is just funny as hell. I wish I would have thought of that before I sent it
Old 01-16-06, 04:53 PM
plex
1UZFE/2JZGTE

Originally Posted by LT. LEX
Now that is just funny as hell. I wish I would have thought of that before I sent it
Some guy did that a few years back. The issuing agency mailed him back pics of handcuffs.

Quick Reply: I just paid $100 for this pic of my car...