GS - 2nd Gen (1998-2005) Discussion about the second generation GS300, GS400 and GS430 (1998 - 2005)

The Lovely GS!!

Search this Thread

Old 01-18-06, 07:13 PM
GWELEX
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sharp and Shiny!!! I like the wheels, gives it real class look.
Old 01-18-06, 07:23 PM
LEXUS_KID
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

What a nice start
Old 01-18-06, 07:23 PM
SaddleLex
Driver

Default Hot!!!!

Good looking car man. Keep Modding
Old 01-18-06, 08:26 PM
Kharizma
Lexus Champion

clean ride.. i love those tails!

oh, what is the "l-tuned package"? and rotors with "black hats"?

might be newbie questions but i don't know what they are lol
Old 01-18-06, 09:51 PM
DetMich1
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by Kharizma
clean ride.. i love those tails!

oh, what is the "l-tuned package"? and rotors with "black hats"?

might be newbie questions but i don't know what they are lol
L-tuned package was an in house dealer installed performance & appearanc mods package provided by Lexus and covered under the same warranty as new car if installed by dealer at time of original purchase. Some items were simply cosmetic such as grill, side skirts .rims, and L-tuned badges for fenders and rear deck. Others, like shocks, springs, stiffer steering ECU, exhaust had real effect on performance. If I left anything out, everybody, just shout out.
The center hub on the disc rotor is often referred to as the "hat" or "top hat". On the stock rotors this area often rusts and with open design rims can be very unsightly. Aftermarket rims often paint, anodize or plate this area with something that deters rust.

Last edited by DetMich1; 01-18-06 at 09:55 PM.
Old 01-18-06, 10:07 PM
WeDsMaN
Driver

DetMich :
I used to take great care of my black cars until I found somebody who is the ish...The guy I take my car to takes brand new mercedes' never driven from the local dealer and makes them look better than the factory. His specialty is wett black paint. What he did to mine recently was a six to seven stage process, almost 8 hours of work. First he evened out the whole surface and got all the chops or waves out by cutting it, he buffed it, polished it, waxed it, then applied paint sealant on the whole car, and finally waxed it again. It literally looks like a mirror. The paint sealant lasts for about six months and man does it make such a difference. My car looks better after that job than when it was bought new. It repels water and outshines some new cars!

BlueLex:
I would have gotten 285's but I wanted to make sure all my tires matched and having the new new toyo's was a big thing for me at the time. Next go around on tires, I think I will switch to the bridgestone so3's in order to sport the 285's.

Neo:
The JP antenna is pimp man! It's the most expensive do nothing ornament I have ever bought. Hey but it looks sexy in my opinion though...

Chuck B:
These wheels were actually sent to me on accident. I ordered some split 5 spoke weds but Mackin sent me these instead which were about twice the cost of the ones I ordered. I waited so long, I said what the heck and I went ahead and paid extra and bought them. Having owned 4 sets of 5 spokes in the past (Work, Lowenhart, Dronell, and Bersaglio's), I took this as a sign to switch up the game. 5 spokes are nice, but these have a lot of flavor and probably the best quality out of the other four sets I have owned. You can't tell from the pix but these rims have a special matted chrome finish on the inside of each spoke that differs from the front of the spoke which is straight chrome. Very expensive and uniquely luxurious imo...

Thanks everybody for the compliments!

Last edited by WeDsMaN; 01-18-06 at 10:11 PM.
Old 01-18-06, 10:35 PM
Neo
The One

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by WeDsMaN
Hey but it looks sexy in my opinion though...
And that is all that matter bro.
Old 01-18-06, 10:54 PM
DetMich1
Lexus Test Driver

DetMich :
I used to take great care of my black cars until I found somebody who is the ish...The guy I take my car to takes brand new mercedes' never driven from the local dealer and makes them look better than the factory. His specialty is wett black paint. What he did to mine recently was a six to seven stage process, almost 8 hours of work. First he evened out the whole surface and got all the chops or waves out by cutting it, he buffed it, polished it, waxed it, then applied paint sealant on the whole car, and finally waxed it again. It literally looks like a mirror. The paint sealant lasts for about six months and man does it make such a difference. My car looks better after that job than when it was bought new. It repels water and outshines some new cars!
I'm not at all surprised to hear that that was a professionally done detail. Definitely the mark of an expert both in process and technique. The only step I question is the wax prior to the application of a sealant. Most sealants will either have solvents in them that remove underlying layer of wax or the wax will prevent proper adhesion of the sealant. When proper compatability of products is obtained the sequence is usually sealant with or without cleaner depending on whether there is a filler/glaze beneath the sealer and then the wax. By using both you get the durability and reflectivity of the synthetic sealant and the depth and warmth of natural wax. When properly done, nothing looks as incredible as a black car. The down side of course is they show every flaw, scratch, or speck of dirt. If you know any specifics about your detailer's choice of products (compound, polish, cleaner, glaze, sealant, & wax I would be interested in hearing the details.
There is no question that a talented detailer with a rotary buffer, and proper products can smooth out the orange peel present even in the finish of a $100,000+ luxury auto and make the finish better than new from the factory. This is more evident on a black car than any other color.
Old 01-19-06, 12:39 AM
Kharizma
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by DetMich1
L-tuned package was an in house dealer installed performance & appearanc mods package provided by Lexus and covered under the same warranty as new car if installed by dealer at time of original purchase. Some items were simply cosmetic such as grill, side skirts .rims, and L-tuned badges for fenders and rear deck. Others, like shocks, springs, stiffer steering ECU, exhaust had real effect on performance. If I left anything out, everybody, just shout out.
The center hub on the disc rotor is often referred to as the "hat" or "top hat". On the stock rotors this area often rusts and with open design rims can be very unsightly. Aftermarket rims often paint, anodize or plate this area with something that deters rust.

oh ok, thanks!!
Old 01-19-06, 01:13 AM
speedie
Pole Position

Car looks mean!! Throw a lip on the front for that refined look and your done.................for a week then you will think of something else to do to it.
Old 01-19-06, 03:42 PM
GS300Rich
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Looks great. I really like the wheels and cant go wrong with the JP tails
Old 01-19-06, 03:49 PM
GS Kid 300
Pole Position

The perfect GS!!

How much did that rear antenna cost you, I need one of those
Old 01-19-06, 04:06 PM
WeDsMaN
Driver

The rear antenna cost me around $120 if I remember correctly. I think its tight b/c you don't see that on GS's at all!

On the flipside, do you all think I should put my L-tuned grill back in or keep the chrome one?
Old 01-19-06, 04:12 PM
GATO
Lexus Champion

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

looks amazing great choice in modz

very classy and tastefull.

I'd do a jp spoiler instead of the one you got and it be perfect

by the way.... i love the stretched look on the rear
Old 01-19-06, 04:18 PM
chuckb
Lexus Fanatic

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

On the flipside, do you all think I should put my L-tuned grill back in or keep the chrome one?
keep the chrome one

Quick Reply: The Lovely GS!!