GS - 2nd Gen (1998-2005) Discussion about the second generation GS300, GS400 and GS430 (1998 - 2005)

how much

Search this Thread

Old 01-23-06, 07:39 PM
Wringo
Lexus Champion

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Ed, is everything okay! I can't believe you are going to do it? Okay, go ahead I want dibs on that roof spoiler! Lol! On a serious note. The car would be a great pass down to one of your kids don't you think? You could show them the in's and out's of the GS! Keep the car man. -wringo
Old 01-23-06, 07:39 PM
lexforlife
Lexus Fanatic

Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by markgs4
wow Ed, never thought Id see the day when you'd be feeling out the sale of your baby. The hardest part, aside from finding someone that will buy her as is for fair value, is also finding someone that will appreciate all the sweat and tears and back braking labor you put into her. I dont think anyone did more extensive DIY work on their car than you. Best of luck bro as you prepare for her sale

thanks brotha i really appreciate those kind words but my sc crew here wants me to do this badly for we have a strong sc force down here in south florida but it will be tough but man do i like driving this tundra
Old 01-23-06, 07:40 PM
tmf2004
5% Club. Killing it!!!

Received 63 Likes on 61 Posts

Ed i know you mentioned this to me awhile ago but i never thought you where quick to jump the gun... I think your car is one of the best here on CL.. When i saw your GS in Delray in person, your car inspired me to make mine what it is today.. Everyone knows here on CL how much time, effort, and sweat you put into your GS... I'm sure when the SC comes which it will very soon it will just be as nice if not better than the GS. Good Luck ED and keep us posted...\

Tony
Old 01-23-06, 08:08 PM
lexforlife
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by tmf2004
Ed i know you mentioned this to me awhile ago but i never thought you where quick to jump the gun... I think your car is one of the best here on CL.. When i saw your GS in Delray in person, your car inspired me to make mine what it is today.. Everyone knows here on CL how much time, effort, and sweat you put into your GS... I'm sure when the SC comes which it will very soon it will just be as nice if not better than the GS. Good Luck ED and keep us posted...\

Tony
thanks tony apprciate that bro but the sc when the time comes will be better faster and sweeter then the gs trust me bro
Old 01-23-06, 09:12 PM
ocean350
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

why dont you post your price and try to sell it.
i think people will offer you something even if ur price is too high.
if u dont like the offer, just keep your car. what's there to lose?

however, if u do most of ur service/repair yourself....i believe most people would prefer to check out other cars having work done by dealer, or some kind of licensed shops.

cheers,
Old 01-25-06, 02:04 PM
lexforlife
Lexus Fanatic

i think i have found the car i am looking for but its in hawaii ... its boosted at 18lbs with 480rwhp .. its a complete boost logic setup with built boostlogic tranny and all

man should i pull the trigger or what ,, its platinum with black leather and car was built by boostlogic
Old 01-25-06, 02:07 PM
tofu_house
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by lexforlife
i think i have found the car i am looking for but its in hawaii ... its boosted at 18lbs with 480rwhp .. its a complete boost logic setup with built boostlogic tranny and all

man should i pull the trigger or what ,, its platinum with black leather and car was built by boostlogic
well you should check the car out a bit more and make sure you know everything about it like who built it up and everything...

and if it all checks out... jump on it!

the GS is great, definitely one of my favs on the board... but the SC is a sweet car too, and you'll love it just as you did the GS...

Old 01-25-06, 02:42 PM
tmf2004
5% Club. Killing it!!!

Received 63 Likes on 61 Posts

ED, i think if it feels right and the price is right than i say do it, come on do it . I mean we only live once and at least you know the car was put together right without cutting corners...

Good Luck and send me a pic if you can...

Tony
Old 01-25-06, 02:58 PM
AZDesertGS
Lexus Test Driver

I've sold a few of my cars/trucks that were modded and imo...if you can get 30-50% of your money back that you put into the mods, that is probably what your looking at. So add 17-18K plus the 30-50% value of your mods and that would be a starting point.
Old 01-25-06, 03:17 PM
lexforlife
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by AZDesertGS
I've sold a few of my cars/trucks that were modded and imo...if you can get 30-50% of your money back that you put into the mods, that is probably what your looking at. So add 17-18K plus the 30-50% value of your mods and that would be a starting point.

so therefore 22-24k should be fair price right , i have about 18k into the car
Old 01-25-06, 03:19 PM
AZDesertGS
Lexus Test Driver

I would say that is a VERY fair price
Old 01-25-06, 04:03 PM
DASHOCKER
Lexus Fanatic

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

how much you guys think my car is worth to sell right now with all mods listed in my sig
Ed. Wake up... It's a bad dream.. You can't be serious Well if you do depart with her, what do you plan on getting?
Old 01-25-06, 04:10 PM
lexforlife
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by DASHOCKER
Ed. Wake up... It's a bad dream.. You can't be serious Well if you do depart with her, what do you plan on getting?

boosted sc300 baby
Old 01-25-06, 04:32 PM
markgs4
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Ed, if the ride is in Hawaii, check with Ricky or Cody or one of the CL ohana back there and have them check it out for you. I think Ricky would be the local boost expert out there
Old 01-25-06, 04:50 PM
chuckb
Lexus Fanatic

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

how much does it cost to get a car from Hawaii to FL?

Quick Reply: how much