GS - 2nd Gen (1998-2005) Discussion about the second generation GS300, GS400 and GS430 (1998 - 2005)

SRT ECU Diagram!!

Search this Thread

Old 01-25-06, 02:51 PM
Kharizma
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default SRT ECU Diagram!!

does anyone have a diagram of their ECU installed? I'm about to install mine and I haven't done this stuff before, and I don't want to pay this guy who wants to do it $90 to do it for me... Thanks
Old 01-25-06, 02:53 PM
AZDesertGS
Lexus Test Driver

It didnt come with it?????
Old 01-25-06, 02:57 PM
Dx3
Lexus Fanatic

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Kharizma
does anyone have a diagram of their ECU installed? I'm about to install mine and I haven't done this stuff before, and I don't want to pay this guy who wants to do it $90 to do it for me... Thanks
Search man, search!!

Posted on here several times. Check out DaveGS4 links - he hosted it.

Jonny
Old 01-25-06, 03:03 PM
Kharizma
Lexus Champion

no i mean i want a picture of someone who has an ECU actually installed already, so I can see the wiring and what not.. and I don't get the whole cutting one wire thing? Why do you cut the wire? what do you do after you cut the wire?
Old 01-25-06, 03:09 PM
STONER
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Do you have the instructions?
There is one wire that you cut. One end of the cut wire goes to the SRT ECU, the other end of the cut wire goes from your SRT ECU back to where it went in before. That's the cut wire. The others are tapped, and I explained how to tap in a previous post. Very straightforward stuff.
What year is your GS?
Old 01-25-06, 03:10 PM
Dx3
Lexus Fanatic

no i mean i want a picture of someone who has an ECU actually installed already, so I can see the wiring and what not.. and I don't get the whole cutting one wire thing? Why do you cut the wire? what do you do after you cut the wire?
With the amount of wires in there - a picture is really not going to help you.

You cut the wire because you have to give it an input wire and an output wire - which are 2 wires on the SRT ECU. When you cut the wire you connect 1 side of it to one wire on the SRT ECU and the other side to another wire on the SRT ECU.

I do not recall all of the colors - but I am pretty sure if you search my name you will find plenty of pictures of the wiring diagrams with colors. All of the wires you will just splice into except for the single one you actually cut.

Hope this makes sense. Let me know if you have any questions.

Jonny
Old 01-25-06, 03:21 PM
DaveGS4
Forum Administrator

Received 2,268 Likes on 1,377 Posts

Don't look for pictures, get the instructions and follow them.

What GS do you have again (year, model)?
Old 01-25-06, 03:23 PM
AZDesertGS
Lexus Test Driver

....also when you get the directions from SRT or whomever.....don't pay attention to the colors that they tell you......go by exactly where the wire is on the diagram. I learned this when I did my install...cause the 430's colors are different.
Old 01-25-06, 03:31 PM
Kharizma
Lexus Champion

i have a 2000 Lexus GS400
Old 01-25-06, 04:36 PM
PHML
Master Thread Closer!!

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Yah, i agree....someone asked me the same last year...to take pics of my ECU wire connections. No pics can help cuz all you will see are wires. As DaveGS said....study the wiring diagram....understand the schematics of which wires to tap into, and which single wire to cut.

Before starting the engine, double and triple check your connections. Take a break if you need, then take a look again. In my case, after a dozen time checking my connections, I found a mistake.

GL!!

Pete
Old 01-25-06, 07:41 PM
GSoup
Lexus Fanatic

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

i have to agree with the fellas just read it and read it again and go by the position of the wires in the harness and you shouldn' go wrong.... i'm doing LexGS intake on saturday and he wants to videotape it and then post a video diy for ya..

i have the same ride.... and $90 to do it is ridiculous to me
Old 01-25-06, 08:27 PM
Kharizma
Lexus Champion

OMFG THE INTAKE IS COMPLETE PIMPNESS!!!!! i put it in today by MYSELF!! I'm so proud of me! hahaha, anyways, those instructions are really the best, I didn't need help, I didn't get confused, and it took longer to get the actual intake in than to solder my wiring.. and I did it all in one try!! No lights, nothing wrong, sounds beautiful, looks even better, I can feel the difference and it's not even broken in yet.. OMG OMG OMG!!

a MUST for GS4's!!!
Old 01-25-06, 08:32 PM
Dx3
Lexus Fanatic

OMFG THE INTAKE IS COMPLETE PIMPNESS!!!!! i put it in today by MYSELF!! I'm so proud of me! hahaha, anyways, those instructions are really the best, I didn't need help, I didn't get confused, and it took longer to get the actual intake in than to solder my wiring.. and I did it all in one try!! No lights, nothing wrong, sounds beautiful, looks even better, I can feel the difference and it's not even broken in yet.. OMG OMG OMG!!

a MUST for GS4's!!!
Good job man Glad you like it.

Jonny
Old 01-25-06, 08:34 PM
GSoup
Lexus Fanatic

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

congrats..i told ya it wasn't that hard... yup removing it takes longer than doing the wiring.. with me it took longer to get electricity near my car.. I live in an apartment building so i had to run like 20 extension cords to get it near my car..LOL.. enjoy...
Old 01-26-06, 01:05 PM
PHML
Master Thread Closer!!

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Congrats!!

Pete

Quick Reply: SRT ECU Diagram!!