GS - 2nd Gen (1998-2005) Discussion about the second generation GS300, GS400 and GS430 (1998 - 2005)

Does this happen to you guys?

Search this Thread

Old 08-13-01, 10:59 PM
gsnav
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I was just driving my friend home. All of a sudden this BMW 540i just floors it past me on the left. For some odd reason, the funny thing is, i think he wanted to race, this guy was in his 30's or early 40's and he even followed me off the exit i took to get off and when i turned off, he just got back onto the freeway. Are there a lot of these BMW idiots out there that have something to prove? I like those BMW 540's, they are one heck of a car, but i don't go around trying to race them. Damn! I just don't like people that like to race like that. That's hella stupid. Just my opinion.

GsNav@clublexus.com
Old 08-13-01, 11:29 PM
GlobeCLK
Lexus Fanatic

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

there will always be trolls driving and it's not necessarily the car. Most of the time it's the driver.

But yeah I do see alot of those, especially 328 drivers.
Old 08-14-01, 12:00 AM
RacingAristo

Some BMW drivers feel that since it's an ultimate driving machine, it can beat any car in this planet. In my experience, most of them are 3 series drivers. Can you believe that I actually raced with a 323 because he continued bugging me all over the place? The result? I can smoke 540i (been there, done that), 323 is a piece of cake.

Now, not all BMW drivers are like that. I have lots of friends who drive bimmer but none of them acts like an immature showoff kid. And I, was a 97 BMW M3 owner. The car handles like a champ but the some drivers need to be educated.
Old 08-14-01, 02:34 AM
Manaray
Lexus Fanatic

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Yeah, I think it's just dumb drivers buying into BMW fantastic marketing...some people are just stupid.

There are plenty of guys like this but I too notice (at least in my area) most of them are BMW owners...I've seen a few races where a "sleeper" Civic would just kill a 328 or 330...hehehe...

It's too bad that these few idiots give a lot of BMW owners a bad name...
Old 08-14-01, 04:41 AM
D-MAN63
Lexus Champion

With me, its not too much with Bmw's drivers but with 1988 buicks
Old 08-14-01, 08:29 AM
RacingAristo

buick?:eek:
Old 08-14-01, 09:54 AM
gswatkins
Driver School Candidate

I don't know about you guys, but personally I cant resist any race with any BMW or any other car for that matter. Mini Van, Grandmother whatever, just to competitive I guess???? However BMW 540's are my favorite and I have not lost yet.....

BTW
supercharger coming, then I can call out the two M5's sitting in my parking lot. Been worried about it......

Lance
Old 08-14-01, 10:18 AM
mschoaf
Driver School Candidate

I agree with you gswatkins. I love to race, no matter what I'm driving. I already beat my buddy and his 740. And just last night a Jaguar came blazing past on the right. I don't know if he realized I had the 430, but as he was passing, I saw the he had the 3.0 litre engine. So, we stop at the stoplight. I let him beat me off the line by about a second and then kicked it in...buh-bye.
Love it, love it, love it.

Anyway, I don't think just because they are BMW owners they are any more or less inclined to want to race. Get a fast car, you might as well push it.

Just my .02.\
Matt
Old 08-14-01, 11:29 AM
fever
Lead Lap

If you have aftermarket "look at me" exhaust you will be challenged frequently. Return to your stock exhaust and your problem will be solved.
Old 08-14-01, 02:35 PM
LOTC
VIP 様式

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Even with a LS it is hard,since my LS is totally modded up,I guess the rareity of a supped of LS turns them on.
Old 08-14-01, 05:26 PM
lexguynj
Lexus Test Driver

Originally posted by RacingAristo
Some BMW drivers feel that since it's an ultimate driving machine, it can beat any car in this planet. In my experience, most of them are 3 series drivers. Can you believe that I actually raced with a 323 because he continued bugging me all over the place? The result? I can smoke 540i (been there, done that), 323 is a piece of cake.

Now, not all BMW drivers are like that. I have lots of friends who drive bimmer but none of them acts like an immature showoff kid. And I, was a 97 BMW M3 owner. The car handles like a champ but the some drivers need to be educated.
I've said it before & I will say it again, a BMW 323 is a GERMAN CIVIC / ECONOBOX. I even think other BMW owners laugh at those that buy a BMW 323, that is a purchase just for the BMW name. That model looks so cheap.

Old 08-14-01, 05:41 PM
2SAVVY
Lexus Champion

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

BMW has the market on boy/man racers but I had this guy in a new CLK AMG 55 stop at a light today and I cruise up in the adjacent lane and buddy starts to brake stand.. LOL.. I'm thinking to myself this guy just bought this beautiful ride and he is burning off his tires.. So I look over and start laughing at him.. Sheesh I think I really most of got under his skin by laughing at him.. He ended up stalling his car at the stop light.. Too funny!

As for if I would of raced him.. Nah this is best left for the track.. I enjoy my license too much to play that type of game on the street..