GS - 2nd Gen (1998-2005) Discussion about the second generation GS300, GS400 and GS430 (1998 - 2005)

Who challenges you to race? (was "Does this happen...")

Search this Thread

Old 09-06-01, 03:01 PM
RacingAristo

I'd definitely say BMW 3 series. Last night I was on my way back to LA while having a little fun with this porsche, this BMW 3 series suddenly rev his engine. Both the porsche driver and me looked at him, shrug, and thought what the heck he was trying to do. We took off and left this pathetic bimmer way behind. It's a 328 with USC license plate on it.
Old 09-06-01, 03:05 PM
BLiu
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally posted by RacingAristo
I'd definitely say BMW 3 series. Last night I was on my way back to LA while having a little fun with this porsche, this BMW 3 series suddenly rev his engine. Both the porsche driver and me looked at him, shrug, and thought what the heck he was trying to do. We took off and left this pathetic bimmer way behind. It's a 328 with USC license plate on it.
UGH, please don't mention that school...GO BRUINS!!!

Brent (aka J/K)
Old 09-06-01, 03:23 PM
sleep_deprived
Driver School Candidate

Originally posted by 1SICKLEX
Actually I think the point is people in cheaper cars wanting to race and beat a GS because it costs more than theirs and the GS is not the fastest car in the world (can hold it's own) but some people feel the need to prove they are faster in their 2 seaters.......

"Guess what guys my sup'd up Civic beat a GS"

Ask the girls who really gives a @#$%
Thanks, 1sicklex, for getting my point. Obviously I am well aware that the correlation between price and speed may not be "statistically significant." My point, which I apparently failed to make, was that those w/ somewhat cheaper cars (BMW 3s, Acura TLs, and now MB C Classes) tend to challenge us to race--as if to compensate for their smaller @!^#s (oh, no, that's not what I meant--I meant checkbooks). Thanks.
Old 09-06-01, 03:46 PM
anthracitetarga
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Since there has been a lot of talk about teens in civics,accords,etc. wanting to race everyone they see, i figured that i should say something (me being a teen right now...17 since aug. 9) Right now im driving a 97 4Runner SR5 (long story bout my SC, but im gettin it ack at Christmas), but I remember that when i was driving the SC, i always had kids my age wanting to race me. The first few times i raced them. I mean *** ( ) on, I was a 16 yr. old w/ and SC300 (w/ almost every fact. option/accessory) i then realized that it was stupid to race these guys, cause if a cop saw me, I would most likely get the ticket b/c i would be in front. I know that whenever i would pull up to a 5 series or sumthing though, I would taunt it but they wouldn't do anything. I did race like 300 GTs, Supra NAs, etc. Now that i am driving a stock 97 4Runner SR5 (w/ mud all over it), i still get guys taunting me. When i pull up to a light beside some lil riced out civic, i will notice that he is acting like a normal person, but when he looks over at me and realizes that im around his age, he starts revving his engine, turning up his crappy a** sound system, etc. Then when the light turns green, he's off (in about 8 sec. 0-60 though ) I dont do anything b/c i know that my 4Runner doesn't do anything. However, i do know a few guys who own civics that are purely racing cars (not rice boys) and they feel the same way we do when a riced out civic,etc. taunts them.

Old 09-06-01, 05:53 PM
LexusRules
Lexus Champion

we get challenged sometimes by civs with exhaust...

my mom never accepts she probobly doesn't even know whats going on....

shes making a bad name for my GS!

"that green lexus never races no one, why the f*** would she have an exhaust and possibly more?"

hahaha i'm gonna fix all that up
Old 09-07-01, 12:16 AM
Sleepyboi
Lead Lap

I hear u guys about $$$ not equaling speed. The main reason i got a GS wasnt to race but for the luxury and the smooth ride. (the speed was just a perk ) not only does teens drivin integs and civics pick on me, but cops seem to have the same affect. I've had my car for less 5 days and i already got pulled over by a cop because he thought i stole the car. Man seems like the GS isnt a choice a teen should b driving.

Boris
Old 09-07-01, 01:40 AM
JIMMY540i.com
Pole Position

I'm having a hard time to figure out your "TRD Strut Bar, L-Tuned Shocks, L-Tuned ECU, Kicker Resolution/Eclipse mids/highs..."?

Website promotion? What's that? No one likes BMW in here?!

JIMMY
www.**************
Old 09-07-01, 01:50 AM
Intellexual
Lead Lap

You've got some nice toys, Jimmy.
Old 09-07-01, 02:01 AM
JIMMY540i.com
Pole Position

Thanks for the warm welcome guys!

Old 09-07-01, 09:34 AM
RacingAristo

welcome to the club, Jimmy! I think everyone who is in the BMW circle knows yah. HAHA.

Not everybody here hates BMW. I was a 97 M3 owner.
Old 09-07-01, 10:15 AM
LOTC
VIP 様式

I agree with you sleepyboi,when I first got my LS I was tempted into racing ricers when they would rev,but now I do not even bother although some ricers might be fast but the majority are a waste of time.

They still bother me from time to time and they stare at me at stoplights like they know me or something,but next week I am going to tint my windows hella dark all around so I could be flippin them off while they try to stare thur the tint
Old 09-07-01, 11:15 AM
BLiu
Lexus Test Driver

Originally posted by **************
Thanks for the warm welcome guys!

Jimmy,

So you've come on this board to harass us Lexus owners too huh? It's not enough to pick on 300ZXTT's?

Welcome man. Good to see a familiar face/handle.

PS Any more kills lately? Are you going to sell your famous HID-like headlights to the Lexus owners?

Brent
Old 09-21-01, 12:23 AM
JIMMY540i.com
Pole Position

Brent:

Thanks for the welcome =) Yes it was fun picking on that 300ZXTT.

I'm not here to harass but to participate since my sister purchased a 01 GS430 a couple months ago. And my Xenons are basically for BMWs but I did fit the foglights on my sister's GS (I broke the amber coating) and it looks rather nice!

Regards,
JIMMY
www.**************
Old 09-21-01, 05:50 AM
BadBtsz4u
Lead Lap

I give the gs4 more credit than that and have to stick behind it.Remember stock were a 300hp RWD V8. A few of the mandatory bolt ons like intake,exhaust,TC etc and alot of cars have alot of catching up to do. Add a SC and there you go.
Old 09-21-01, 08:41 PM
Alewifebp
Driver

I had an interesting experience with a person trying to race me while I myself was driving a BMW 750iL for a charity event. A 5.6L V-12. Who tries to race me? A 2.4L Altima. I wasn't even in a race mode, so I didn't even try. He then floors it past me and starts laughing out of his window like he actually accomplished something...

I don't get a lot of BMW drivers trying to race me. I've found most 5 series drivers to be pretty nice. I find that a lot of BMW drivers look at my headlights for some reason.

It's true, though, that I usually get the most from Accords and Civics. I used to drive an Accord myself, so I know what they can do, and obviously no contest, especially if it is a rice infected Honda.

Then of course sometimes there are those American crap drivers...

And it's sick too when these rice cars blast their 4 speaker stereos.

Quick Reply: Who challenges you to race? (was "Does this happen...")