GS - 2nd Gen (1998-2005) Discussion about the second generation GS300, GS400 and GS430 (1998 - 2005)

LATEST ADDITION to my GS400!!

Search this Thread

Old 01-31-06, 10:07 PM
upstateGS4
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default LATEST ADDITION to my GS400!!

so yeah, i quit my pack a day smoking habit 2 nights ago, cold turkey. ive been smoking since i was 15, im 24 now... im goin pretty nuts right now since its the second day its all i can think about. if it wasnt for work to keep me occupied i think id have cracked by now....anyway lol my latest addition to my gs is that much more permanent new car smell after getting it fully detailed inside...and its never going to wreak like absolute (*#&$ again now that ive kicked one of the nastiest habits you can ever subject yourself to. yeah me. sorry dont smack me im sure this wasnt what you were expecting but i had to tell some people that i know really dont care lol

Last edited by upstateGS4; 01-31-06 at 10:28 PM.
Old 01-31-06, 11:06 PM
dsouth
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Just kidding. Hey man a healthy Lung is worth it. You can't change lungs like you can change cars. LOL. I used to smoke too so I know how good you feel.
Old 01-31-06, 11:38 PM
tuddy
Negative Nancy

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

good for you bro...its gonna be hard but just stick to it...good luck

you should start puttin that money away and see how much you'll save...put it toward your GS
Old 02-01-06, 12:24 AM
upstateGS4
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by tuddy
good for you bro...its gonna be hard but just stick to it...good luck

you should start puttin that money away and see how much you'll save...put it toward your GS

thanks man..yeah that is like 7 bucks a day..well 6.50 for a pack of nat shermans, which is what i used to smoke anyways.... ill probably put it toward what i already OWE for buying too much crap for the GS i dont need lol.... more than likely stick it in a big jar so i can laugh at my self after a few weeks when i realize how much money ive wasted over the past 10 yrs.

Last edited by upstateGS4; 02-01-06 at 08:05 AM.
Old 02-01-06, 02:09 AM
mr. aristo
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

congrats on that... i've been smokin about as long as u i smoke in my car everyday... but the funny thing is when people enter they never think i smoke in my car... weird...
Old 02-01-06, 02:36 AM
Neil64
Intermediate

Received 21 Likes on 16 Posts
Default Xyban works

It got me to kick the habit along with inhalers. Good luck. I know how hard it is to quit.

Neil
Old 02-01-06, 03:52 AM
GS300Rich
Lexus Fanatic

congrats on kicking the habit. You will be glad you did when you are 65 and can breathe without oxygen
Old 02-01-06, 05:19 AM
lexforlife
Lexus Fanatic

Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts

conrats on kicking the nasty habit , i quit 10 years ago cold turkey as well after 17yrs of choking/i meant smoking
Old 02-01-06, 05:42 AM
bluelex
Lexus Fanatic

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Hey man, good luck with the fresh air habit........I know its hard and you have to keep your self busy to not think about it but you will be so happy you did as you get older...
Old 02-01-06, 05:50 AM
OutlawTita
Intermediate

Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts

Good luck on kicking the habit.....you can do it. I also quit cold turkey. After 25 years of 3.5 packs a day I quit cigarettes, alcohol, pot, and coke all at once cold turkey. It has been 11 years, 7 months, and 4 days. You won't regret it.
Old 02-01-06, 07:14 AM
upstateGS4
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by OutlawTita
Good luck on kicking the habit.....you can do it. I also quit cold turkey. After 25 years of 3.5 packs a day I quit cigarettes, alcohol, pot, and coke all at once cold turkey. It has been 11 years, 7 months, and 4 days. You won't regret it.

damn man, congrats to you on all that, makes how i feel right now like chump change in comparison to what you kicked....

thanks everyone else too for the positive reinforcement, it actually does help believe it or not...i sign on to CL and bs with you guys on here when I get the urge to go out and smoke during the day while im here at work...lol watch out post counts gonna sky rocket if i actually sign on every time i think about takin a smoke break for the rest of today lol....damn though, day three and im still cravin like crazy, anybody have an idea about when it starts to slack off a little? im sure its different for everyone but average? 1, maybe two weeks till im not buggin so much? who knows hope its soon though! thanks again
Old 02-01-06, 07:40 AM
GSoup
Lexus Fanatic

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

i quit last year... cold turkey. Woke up one day and said **** it i quit TODAY.

the craving lasts for almost 2 mins..just keep yourself occupied while it goes away... it takes about 4 days for the nicotine to get out of your system... just drink alot of water and keep yourself busy.

20 Minutes After Quitting
Your heart rate drops.

12 hours After Quitting
Carbon monoxide level in your blood drops to normal.

2 Weeks to 3 Months After Quitting
Your heart attack risk begins to drop.
Your lung function begins to improve.

1 to 9 Months After Quitting
Your Coughing and shortness of breath decrease.

1 Year After Quitting
Your added risk of coronary heart disease is half that of a smoker’s.

5 Years After Quitting
Your stroke risk is reduced to that of a nonsmoker’s 5-15 years after quitting.

10 Years After Quitting
Your lung cancer death rate is about half that of a smoker’s.
Your risk of cancers of the mouth, throat, esophagus, bladder, kidney, and pancreas decreases.

15 Years After Quitting
Your risk of coronary heart disease is back to that of a nonsmoker’s.
Old 02-01-06, 07:47 AM
tmf2004
5% Club. Killing it!!!

Received 63 Likes on 61 Posts

Congrats on kicking the habit... My father and stepmpmother smoke and everytime i visit i wreak of smoke... It really is a trerribe... Just think if you saved 6.50 a day at the end of each month thats more money for the GS... I guess you have to have some kind of habit.... LOL

TOny
Old 02-01-06, 09:31 AM
markgs4
Lexus Champion

congrats on quitting!!! Im sure you, your car, and everyone that "used" to get the 2nd hand smoke appreciate you more for making that choice And take it one day at time bro, your body will thank you in the long run
Old 02-01-06, 03:33 PM
AJ
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Best choice you'll ever make and i did a lil math for ya , you spent about 23,000+ $ on cigarettes alone

Quick Reply: LATEST ADDITION to my GS400!!