GS - 2nd Gen (1998-2005) Discussion about the second generation GS300, GS400 and GS430 (1998 - 2005)

Oh Snap JP Style Taillights

Search this Thread

Old 02-03-06, 02:47 AM
Neo
The One

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Jolly2707
As metioned the price here in Japan is a whole lot cheaper $550 on Yahoo.co.jp auction after conversion, but you have no recourse if you aren't happy... JP stuff you know what you are getting.
Well, that price seems more "reasonable". Still, I am not sure if I want to spend $550 + shipping to be the guinea pig.
Old 02-03-06, 03:39 AM
GS300Rich
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I dont think I would want to spend $550 or $999 on taillights and not be sure you are getting a quality piece. Sure you make get one that looks really good but you may also get one that looks like crap, and then you are out all that money. At least with JP you can be sure that you are getting a high quality piece
Old 02-03-06, 04:49 AM
STONER
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

You know something is shady when they have a "No negative feedback" and "no return" policy.
Old 02-03-06, 04:56 AM
GSoup
Lexus Fanatic

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

yup...
"...# SORRY . NO RETRUN OR NO REFUND .
# ITEM SOLD AS IS !
# ALSO, NO COMPAINT OR NEGATIVE FEEDBACK .
# ALL BUYER NEED TO READ AUCTION BEFORE YOU BID ON OUR ITEM ...."
Old 02-03-06, 05:24 AM
bluelex
Lexus Fanatic

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

I knew something was way off when I saw the pics. When Rom thew up the comparison pics it told the story. These are NOT OEM quality like JP but we all have to really calm down about this cuz we all knew it was coming sooner or later. Luxury Mods started the process but Like I had mentioned a long time ago in an old thread I spoke to some guys from AP and they said that soon they would start to manufacture a red/clear taillight for the GS series. We all know they get their parts made from China or Hong Kong so Maybe someone else was able to get a couple sets in separate deal from the maker out there. Their will probably soon be different styles of taillights for the GS series as this car gets less and less expensive to buy. Soon sites like procarparts.com or altezzalights.com will be selling these. As with anything on Ebay just becareful when you read, no refunds and read before you buy comments.

Their will always be peolple who will hold out and buy the quality parts and than their will be lots if not more people who will say these look good at half the cost and buy these.
Old 02-03-06, 06:46 AM
GSoup
Lexus Fanatic

"# cashiers checks (please allow 7 days to clear)
# money orders (please allow 5 days to clear)
# personal checks (please allow 7-10 days to clear)
# BidPay ( WWW.BIDPAY.COM )
# Western union ( www.westernunion.com )
# WIRE BANK TRANSFER
# NO PAYPAL PAYMENT .
# Payment must received within 5days of the close of the auction..."

no credit cards or paypal accepted..hmmm
Old 02-03-06, 07:58 AM
tuddy
Negative Nancy

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

it looks like they have LED's too maybe..
Old 02-03-06, 08:05 AM
Carson-Lex
Original CL Sponsor since 1999

JP copy lights, I actually have a set coming, yes a cheaper alternative to JP but these do not use anything OEM so wait until we test them........by the way,the price on Ebay is way to high!!
Old 02-03-06, 08:56 AM
TYPEII
Racer

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post

I kinda of like these one better, why you ask, I like the LEDs in them, alot brighter and styling with the LED trend, plus they look just as nice as the JPs, the white lens look crisp and clear, the red is bright, doesn't look cheap like those APC lights...

Old 02-03-06, 09:17 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 190 Likes on 148 Posts

Originally Posted by bluelex
I knew something was way off when I saw the pics. When Rom thew up the comparison pics it told the story. These are NOT OEM quality like JP but we all have to really calm down about this cuz we all knew it was coming sooner or later. Luxury Mods started the process but Like I had mentioned a long time ago in an old thread I spoke to some guys from AP and they said that soon they would start to manufacture a red/clear taillight for the GS series. We all know they get their parts made from China or Hong Kong so Maybe someone else was able to get a couple sets in separate deal from the maker out there. Their will probably soon be different styles of taillights for the GS series as this car gets less and less expensive to buy. Soon sites like procarparts.com or altezzalights.com will be selling these. As with anything on Ebay just becareful when you read, no refunds and read before you buy comments.

Their will always be peolple who will hold out and buy the quality parts and than their will be lots if not more people who will say these look good at half the cost and buy these.
agree, it's just a matter of time, i expect it coming as well. to me as long as it's quality piece, reasonable price, i am ok with it. though this one just seems to have cut some corners and the final results look a bit funny to me
Old 02-03-06, 10:39 AM
GSoup
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by Carson-Lex
JP copy lights, I actually have a set coming, yes a cheaper alternative to JP but these do not use anything OEM so wait until we test them........by the way,the price on Ebay is way to high!!
see..carson's to the rescue..... can't wait to hear whatcha gotta say....
Old 02-03-06, 10:53 AM
mikeloc24
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by DaveGS4
Let's just say they had a sudden change in pictures that I'd never show my mother on their auction
Oh lordie...ha ha ha ha!

$1 grand...iffy return policy...hmm...
Old 02-03-06, 10:59 AM
markgs4
Lexus Champion

at that price, and with such suspect qualify (both in the product and in the seller), Im content with my stock or cleared 98's for now....or atleast until I can afford JP's, or a similar product of quality is released to the market.
Old 02-03-06, 12:12 PM
NiteOwl
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Why someone would pay $500 for a set of taillights is beyond me, much less a grand. There are at least 4,566 better ways to spend that money on your car or house.
Old 02-03-06, 12:35 PM
JMgs300
Lead Lap

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by NiteOwl
Why someone would pay $500 for a set of taillights is beyond me, much less a grand. There are at least 4,566 better ways to spend that money on your car or house.
Why is my girl obsessed with Seven Jeans that cost over $200..... Why does she have to buy a $400 Coach bag and matching $200 wallet....?

Some questions we might not ever have the answers to

I'll tell you what though... if i had $1200, i'd be buying the JP tail lights as we speak!

Quick Reply: Oh Snap JP Style Taillights