GS - 2nd Gen (1998-2005) Discussion about the second generation GS300, GS400 and GS430 (1998 - 2005)

Fresh Off The Nitrous Press!!

Search this Thread

Old 08-15-01, 02:24 PM
Mean Gene
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Wink

Mariusz & others - Here's the latest info from both NOS & Venom. Spoke with Greg & then Jeff with Venom & they confirmed that the GS kit was still in R&D & won't be released until ALL the bugs R worked out. Not much else from then but "hurry up & wait!!" At least it should be right when it comes out. Then spoke with a NOS tech named Nes - VERY enlightening!! He said that they were currently working on an IS3 & it's about a month away from release ( he hopes ). He explained that Lexus went to the returnless fuel line system across the board in 1998 so once they get the IS3 done, it'll just be a matter of doing some vehicle-specific tuning to have kits for ALL the post-98 models. BTW - NOS moved to Pomona & he said that if anyone in that area wants to let them use their GS4 for development purposes, E-beam him at nestorcabrera@holley.com. I'm sure it will get ya a free or deeply discounted kit but don't hold me to that. I then asked him about the NX & Texas Nitrous kits ( as in; why do THEY have kits & ya'll don't!? ). They've just taken generic kits & adapted them to the GS w/o specific R&D. I gave him that NOS part number for the Ford EFI & he said that yes, it would work but for how long? Might go a year or longer but that one day ( since it wasn't specifically designed for the GS & wouldn't have all the sensors & engine management modules that the eventual GS kit will ) it might bite ya. Just like fabricating a return line for a returnless fuel system - not much R&D behind that, is there? I've run nitrous on alot of rides & w/o problems but they have been vehicle-specific with lots of R&D behind them. Nitrous isn't something to be afraid of but IS to be respected. Gang, I wish everyone the best of luck with nitrous use but as for me, I'll wait until Venom or NOS sells a kit DESIGNED for my GS & not McGyver'ed from another model - again, just my .02!! Take it for what it's worth.
Old 08-16-01, 06:21 AM
Mariusz
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks for the info Mean Gene.