GS - 2nd Gen (1998-2005) Discussion about the second generation GS300, GS400 and GS430 (1998 - 2005)

Another sign that Acura TL not the right choice

Search this Thread

Old 08-17-01, 04:44 PM
BlackShadow
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally posted by CSHFLW

Sure dude
What is your problem?
That just shows that I am not upset about this.

Let's just end this already.
Old 08-17-01, 05:18 PM
Kajukenbo
Lead Lap

BlackShadow,

Every forum has a few extremists. Our forum is no different than any other forum out there. People do sometime gets a little protective of their own territory. I guess you can probably tell by the name of "LexusPride" (no offense to LexusPride, whatsoever)
BlackShadow, please do not get offend by it. I am pretty sure LexusPride does not mean it in a personal way.
Anybody is welcomed to our board as long as he/she obeys the posting rule. Don't I sound like a administrator or what? Move over Mike, I am taking it over, with your money, ofcourse
Old 08-17-01, 05:26 PM
BlackShadow
Rookie

Originally posted by Kajukenbo
BlackShadow,

Every forum has a few extremists. Our forum is no different than any other forum out there. People do sometime gets a little protective of their own territory. I guess you can probably tell by the name of "LexusPride" (no offense to LexusPride, whatsoever)
BlackShadow, please do not get offend by it. I am pretty sure LexusPride does not mean it in a personal way.
Anybody is welcomed to our board as long as he/she obeys the posting rule. Don't I sound like a administrator or what? Move over Mike, I am taking it over, with your money, ofcourse
Finally, someone sees where I am coming from. I am not here to disrespect anybody or their car. I am a respected member on every forum.

BTW, thank you Kajukenbo.
Old 08-17-01, 06:21 PM
GlobeCLK
Lexus Fanatic

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally posted by BlackShadow

Finally, someone sees where I am coming from. I am not here to disrespect anybody or their car. I am a respected member on every forum.

BTW, thank you Kajukenbo.
hey man

I've been on ClubLexus for a while and I also visit Acura-TL.com a few times also. I know you're not a troll so don't worry about it.

It's just that when you don't drive a Lexus and visits ClubLexus, a few of us WILL have the feeling that you are here to mess around that. I'm not saying that because you don't drive a Lexus you're not suppose to be here, but people might not feel that you're closer to us since you won't understand everything we say.

Same goes for Acura-TL.com or any other forums out there. When you see some guy in there, doesn't drive a TL, and posts a big signature of his non-Acura car (like Maxima?), wouldn't you get the feeling that "he MIGHT be here to mess around"?

You gotta admit, even if you know that he didn't say anything bad about TLs yet, he MIGHT one day when his Maxima gets involved?

It takes time to build up trust. I know you tried to joke around but most of us don't know you well enough for you to joke around. Sorry man.

Stick around. It's always cool to have people here who's not blindly insulting Lexus. You're always welcome here.
Old 08-17-01, 08:08 PM
BlackShadow
Rookie

Thanks for the welcome GlobeCLK. I see you on our site a few times also. Like you said, everybody is welcome to our site as long as that person respects our cars too.

Old 08-17-01, 09:42 PM
lexguynj
Lexus Test Driver

Originally posted by BlackShadow

P.S. - he IS.....not.....his IS

That was a funny correction! ;-) You know, there are members on Clublexus that are from NJ too. It's not like there are no Lexus Drivers in NJ.

That NJ comment wasn't smart, because Blackshadow is a NJ brother and I do respect and like his TL.

I still think Lexus is much better than Acura, but you can have friends from all over.
Old 08-18-01, 05:10 AM
Manaray
Lexus Fanatic

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Hey guys, so long as non-Lexus owners aren't here just bashing on "our" cars, I see absolutely no problem with them...and I actually think it's somewhat advantageous to have them here. They can point out things that we don't see because they're "outside of the sphere of influence"...and it also gives us an opportunity to convert them! Yes, Religion is EVIL!

I'm a member of several other boards including Mercedes, BMW, Infiniti, and Acura...does it automatically make me a "troll" simply because I currently don't own one of "their" cars? (but I have owned one of each before)

And what's wrong with Jersey? Other than the roads?
Old 08-18-01, 04:09 PM
LexusPride
Lead Lap

My apologies BlackShadow, I simply assumed by not seeing you on our site that often, combined w/the pic of your car that you were here not to appreciate, but condemn our beloved GS's. I welcome anyone w/the knowledge and the passion for all cars to visit ClubLexus, and you obviously share both, so please feel free to visit often.
Old 08-19-01, 12:29 PM
BlackShadow
Rookie

Originally posted by LexusPride
My apologies BlackShadow, I simply assumed by not seeing you on our site that often, combined w/the pic of your car that you were here not to appreciate, but condemn our beloved GS's. I welcome anyone w/the knowledge and the passion for all cars to visit ClubLexus, and you obviously share both, so please feel free to visit often.
No apology needed. We were both joking around but since we're not familiar with each other, it was taken personally.

Remember, I might be one of you guys in a few years. Hopefully a GS500 will be out by then.

See you guys around.