GS - 2nd Gen (1998-2005) Discussion about the second generation GS300, GS400 and GS430 (1998 - 2005)

New up to date pics and Video..................56k unsafe.

Search this Thread

Old 02-14-06, 07:32 PM
dmanbluesf
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

WOw, that is a beatuy. Looks and sounds great.
Old 02-14-06, 07:44 PM
tmf2004
5% Club. Killing it!!!

Received 63 Likes on 61 Posts

The car looks and sounds amazing A as usual... Nice vid...
Old 02-14-06, 07:48 PM
LiLS
Lexus Champion

my favorite car on this site
Old 02-14-06, 07:51 PM
e-diddy
Lead Lap

Nice video and awesome pics. As everyone else has stated, the car is amazing. BIG congrats to you for putting together such an awesome machine.
Old 02-14-06, 08:00 PM
LEXUS_KID
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Love it "A"
Old 02-14-06, 08:41 PM
GWELEX
Lexus Champion

Not much else that can said that hasn't been said. I did notice your brake lights were very brite on the ground even during daylight hours, LED? or was it darker than the video shows?
Old 02-14-06, 09:11 PM
bluelex
Lexus Fanatic

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by gs4nthe505
man that looks awesome, sounds awesome. whats the proper way to do that kind of start?
Thanx man, Basically hold the brake real tight and hit the gas in drive of course, than let go of the brake.

Originally Posted by TTurboPimp
Your car is simply stunning.....I love the entire package.....and my god you take some good quality pics.

One comment though, watching your launch, it looks like you need a higher stall speed converter.It seems like your sitting on it while waiting for the boost to climb a bit before launching. You shouldnt have to sit on it that long, you will end up frying that converter. I know this problem well, I have swapped my converter 3 times now in hunt for the "right" stall.

Beautiful car bro!!
As Usual, your right on the money, I need a stall spd bad to get better launches, I don't that very often cuz I know i'm hurting more than anything but once in a while for fun is ok. I've spoken to a couple guys have this set up and they have been using 3200 stall, what do you think? Also I could boost up a little faster its just that I lurked her slow instead if slamming the pedal down to boost, but its still slow no matter what. Thanx for the words.

Originally Posted by GSoup
OMG..thats an abomination..how could you do that to a GS... the things you did to it.. i can't believe someone would do that to a car...how could you? you should be ahamed... i feel so sorry for the fool that sold you the car..little did he know what you were going to do to it...geeeezzz.... you need to go say 72 hail mary's and ask to be forgiven for all your sins....

LOL... whenever i peep pixs of your ride...i just sit there like...
I actually bought the car from a 75 year old lady in NJ.

Old 02-14-06, 09:11 PM
bluelex
Lexus Fanatic

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by aloha03gs
holy ****!! very very impressive! I will NEVER get tired of seeing your car! haha and doesnt dem ground shots look sweet?
I was waiting for you to chime in..LOL I have done the front floor shot many times but I saw your rear floor shot and had to try it. Thats what this site is about, sharing ideas even when it comes to taking pics of our cars..

Originally Posted by GWELEX
Not much else that can said that hasn't been said. I did notice your brake lights were very brite on the ground even during daylight hours, LED? or was it darker than the video shows?
It was a little darker than the video showed..

Everyone else , Thanx a lot. It means a lot coming from this Lexus community.
Old 02-14-06, 09:31 PM
Neo
The One

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Thanks for sharing A. Always nice to see 2GS modding alive and well.
Old 02-15-06, 03:19 AM
DrewGS350
Instructor

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Awsome! I have been looking for a 2JZ-GTE over here. Found a few but can't justify changing out an engine with only 11K at present in storage. Have an 03 300
Old 02-15-06, 07:14 AM
TTurboPimp
Pole Position

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

As Usual, your right on the money, I need a stall spd bad to get better launches, I don't that very often cuz I know i'm hurting more than anything but once in a while for fun is ok. I've spoken to a couple guys have this set up and they have been using 3200 stall, what do you think? Also I could boost up a little faster its just that I lurked her slow instead if slamming the pedal down to boost, but its still slow no matter what. Thanx for the words.
Youre running stock twins correct?

A few things to think about......where does your boost start to come on (what rpm's)? The idea is to come off the line already coming into boost, so that should give you an idea on where you need to be at.

A 3200 stall speed should be a good "streetable" stall speed. When you start playing with different turbo set ups, that may change a bit. THere really is no 1 answer on stall speed, the converters are going to react a little differently with different set ups. I changed my converter speed 3 times to try to get it dead on. I havent installed the 3rd one yet, but Im shooting for around 3200-3400 stall speed. Most companies will adjust the stall speed for you to get it right. Joe at Pro Torque has been great about doing it for me (at no charge).
Old 02-15-06, 07:16 AM
DASHOCKER
Lexus Fanatic

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

How much power are you putting to the wheels?
Old 02-15-06, 09:05 AM
noop
Instructor

Your car is looking great A, put me first on the list when its up for sale!!! LOL
Old 02-15-06, 10:32 AM
SoCalSC4
Lexus Champion

Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts

Looks "fantaxic" as usual, 'blue. Lovin' how glossy your SBM looks on the car. The paint seems to be in great shape.

Always glad to see one of my blue homie's rides out, about, and big pimpin'!

Bob
Old 02-15-06, 11:26 AM
DASHOCKER
Lexus Fanatic

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

All show, but I don't know how much go. Numbers please

Quick Reply: New up to date pics and Video..................56k unsafe.