GS - 2nd Gen (1998-2005) Discussion about the second generation GS300, GS400 and GS430 (1998 - 2005)

first time pics !!!

Search this Thread

Old 03-06-06, 05:00 PM
DASHOCKER
Lexus Fanatic

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by Chpsk8
Wow that looks great! I just ordered Milanos from Stef and I'm putting them on a black GS. Now I know how great they are going to look! Nice job!
D2 has Milanos I've been waiting 3 months for a spare Milano wheel from a EBay vendor. They told me it should be here this month.
Old 03-06-06, 05:19 PM
GREED777
Lexus Test Driver

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

yes, derrick had them to me in a matter of days.
Old 03-06-06, 06:36 PM
Kharizma
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

nice pics~!! car looks great! how much is it lowered?
Old 03-06-06, 06:53 PM
Dx3
Lexus Fanatic

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Car looks awesome man. I think a spoiler would look perfect on it though

Jonny
Old 03-06-06, 07:08 PM
dsouth
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

On a side note!! Johnny clear some space on your PM mailbox.
Old 03-06-06, 07:12 PM
dsouth
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Nice rims btw.
Old 03-06-06, 07:13 PM
TLW
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by GREED777
thanks guys, i truly appreciate all of the feedback. i have tried to keep the look very simple, i am in business and live in a very traditional area, something more extreme would not be well understood. looking back i wish i would have ordered offsets to accomodate a bbk, for now i am just ordering s/s lines, axxis deluxe plus pads, and rotara rotors. i would also consider going to a tein cs suspension, but anyway there's always next year. as for now i plan on adding the srt intake, possibly an lsd and tc. i have alot of interest in fi but need to do alot of research before i take that step. i also want to add a catback exhaust, but haven't decided which one yet. i'm hoping to hit alot of the meets this year to get a feel for how some of the different systems sound. i've considered a different rear bumper too, possibly the l-sportline. as for the caliper paint i used it's from a company called VHT, they seem to be pretty common in our area, very easy to work with. any additional input or suggestions would be great. thanks

Chpsk8 - good luck with the wheels, hope you enjoy
HGill - i like the clear lens idea, any brand in particular you recommend?
Jolly2707 - pm'd you back, hope i was of some help

Blitz exhaust
SRT intake
LSD
TC

one helluva of GS
Old 03-06-06, 07:14 PM
GREED777
Lexus Test Driver

i'm not sure what the exact drop of the l-tuned susupension is but i believe that it is right around 1.5" -2".
Old 03-07-06, 04:41 AM
GREED777
Lexus Test Driver

thanks johnny, i just listened to the sound clip of the blitz in the fi forum, sounds pretty nice.
Old 03-07-06, 12:08 PM
KevinGS
Pole Position

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by GREED777
thanks guys, i truly appreciate all of the feedback. i have tried to keep the look very simple, i am in business and live in a very traditional area, something more extreme would not be well understood. looking back i wish i would have ordered offsets to accomodate a bbk, for now i am just ordering s/s lines, axxis deluxe plus pads, and rotara rotors. i would also consider going to a tein cs suspension, but anyway there's always next year. as for now i plan on adding the srt intake, possibly an lsd and tc. i have alot of interest in fi but need to do alot of research before i take that step. i also want to add a catback exhaust, but haven't decided which one yet. i'm hoping to hit alot of the meets this year to get a feel for how some of the different systems sound. i've considered a different rear bumper too, possibly the l-sportline. as for the caliper paint i used it's from a company called VHT, they seem to be pretty common in our area, very easy to work with. any additional input or suggestions would be great. thanks

Chpsk8 - good luck with the wheels, hope you enjoy
HGill - i like the clear lens idea, any brand in particular you recommend?
Jolly2707 - pm'd you back, hope i was of some help
Love it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Great choices in mods. So clean, so simple, yet so sleek...

Enjoy.

Hope to see you this spring in Pitt when I come, or when you come to Maryland.

We'll chat.

BTW, I'M ONLINE AGAIN! (inside joke, y'all)
Old 03-07-06, 12:12 PM
upstateGS4
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

man lol- "right click/save as" 4x haha. car looks beautiful bro good job. i recently purchased a set of those same wheels in 20x8.5/20x9.5 (35mm offset front 40mm offset rear, silver wheels/polished lip) and i cant wait till the weather gets nicer to install....oh i just noticed your in NJ...im NY, you probably have another car to drive in the bad weather though too...i want to put them on but im still thinking we're gonna get hit with atleast one or two more storms before the winter season lets up and id rather not chance it....

you know though, after seeing how nice the 19s look with the same drop i have...im about 50% on the way to deciding maybe i should just sell these 20 inch Milano Plus's and stick with a set of 19's since roads suck so much around here.....im not sure theres much interest for 20s around here though.
Old 03-07-06, 01:39 PM
ebruce2
Lexus Champion

thats right!!! Western PA, baby!

You're off to a great start, my friend. Sorry it took me so long to get to your thread.

If you're looking for exhaust and want to go with something still noticeable but more conservative, I would strongly suggest getting your hands on L-Tuned exhaust...that is if you can find one. I had that setup on my last GS and it was nice and throaty without being too obnoxious. Carson-Tuned also has a really nice system right now...talk to Steve Ganz.

PM me if you need ideas for anything else...I'm glad to help!

Eric
Old 03-07-06, 03:19 PM
blk on blk
Lead Lap

Talking Very sexy!

Ya gotta love a CLEAN, CLASSY, & SASSY Lexus!
Old 03-07-06, 05:04 PM
GREED777
Lexus Test Driver

thanks again for all of the feedback and suggestions.

upstategs4 - i am actually in pa, but make quite a few trips to nyc & nj, the GS has been in the garage most of the winter, i've been driving the ES (fwd) due to all of the salt on the roads. can't wait till spring. i originally had 20" enkei lx-m's on the gs and felt that they were to big, but much of that was due to the style and the fact that they were chrome. i had them on the car for one day and sold them. i'm sure you'll enjoy the milano's either way, alot of guys have the 20" 5 star style wheel and they look great

kevings - glad to see you surfing again! appreciate the comments, i will be in touch soon.

ebruce2 - i caught a sound clip of the l-tuned, i was pleased, but as you mentioned it will probably be pretty hard to find at this stage. i'll check into the carson system, i put a call into steve ganz today on some other parts, so i'll check with him when he gets back to me.
Old 03-07-06, 05:17 PM
upstateGS4
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

thanks for the reinforcement man- i will more than likely keep them unless i get a decent offer. they are still brand new in the box without tires so they would be easy to ship...im just not sure anymore...the 19s look real good on your car and i dont know if theres a point in dealing with the 20s and the tires, etc...

Quick Reply: first time pics !!!