GS - 2nd Gen (1998-2005) Discussion about the second generation GS300, GS400 and GS430 (1998 - 2005)

Lowering kits,,,,,,

Search this Thread

Old 08-25-01, 08:47 AM
GCGS430
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cool

I am looking for a kit to lower my 430 about 1.5 inches, I am not at all looking for performance corning but to maintain the best possible ride. With the research I have done so far, that the system by Dazz is the way to go, am I correct?

My friends at Bilstein told me about these people and now I am looking for your help to give me your opinions on this subject.

I do understand that there is a sacrifice of ride with a lowered car or truck, all my rides since 1983 have been lowered but now that I am an 'Old Fart'(48) it is really important have the best lowered ride as possble.

thanks

BTW, 18's might be in the near future if it don't look right.

OMT, great DF.
Old 08-25-01, 10:39 AM
2SAVVY
Lexus Champion

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Hmm.. Best compromise between ride and comfort with a decent drop I guess would be the H&R springs and Bilstein sport shocks combo..

gs4will would be the best person to talk to on this subject.. He can also get you the Bilsteins and maybe the H&R's as well..

18" wheels with the drop would be nice.. Coilovers (Tein HA) give you the option move the height up or down to whatever level you desire but the ride is a bit rough from what I understand.. Although Tein does have the CS (Comfort Series) line of coilovers as well.. I'm no expert but the guys here are super helpful so they can fill in the gaps for me..

Hope that helps!
Old 08-25-01, 02:16 PM
gsexploits
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Eibachs drop the 430 by 1.3" front and rear according to Eibach. I have mine sitting in the garage waiting for install. Ride is pretty plush but stiffer than stock - drove a friend's 430 with Eibach's - nice ride.

You can get them from T&M Engineering in SO CA for $240 plus shipping.
Old 08-25-01, 02:50 PM
GS4Will
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

GC,

welcome. when it comes to lowering, you need to evaluate 2 things-comfort and look. if you are looking to drop ~1.5", then HR would be the way to go. however, the comfort factor might be affected a bit more than the eibachs(~1.2-1.3'). they are both good springs. gsexpl. has already you source for the eibachs, for HR, you might look into mag ads, or the tirerack ~$280.

DAZZ, aka, l-sportline has quality items, they source their products from brand name co such as BILSTEINS, and HR. but the prics are hard to swallow. i think for suspension pieces(springs and shcoks ~$1000). the problem is they are not adjustable coil-overs at this high price. if you want the DAZZ pieces, just go for the HR springs and BILSTEINS sport shocks as Savvy(thanks for the referral) mentioned for ~$710.

when lowering it is better to get both springs and shocks at the same time for max performance benefit. just spirngs along will wear out the stock shocks faster than normal. this way you will also save another labor install cost later as you would need new shocks.

if 18s are in the future, and you want to retain more on the comfort factor, then EIBACH+BILSTEINS would be more ideal.

if your friend from Bilstein can get you the shocks that would be great. otherwise i can get you a set to your door for $425(~40% off retail prices). let me know by PM me below, thanks.

william