GS - 2nd Gen (1998-2005) Discussion about the second generation GS300, GS400 and GS430 (1998 - 2005)

Y2kgs And The Results On Weapon R- And Ecu

Search this Thread

Old 08-28-01 | 03:29 PM
2SAVVY
Lexus Champion

Thanks Sasha for the heads up on the Weapon R intake.. I was looking at the V2 filter when I went with my brother to pick up his car from the place in Mississauga that did his AEM intake.. The guys there were telling me they could modify an AEM intake to work with my GS but they would need my car for a week or so.. Not an option for me at the moment.. Oh well.. I guess I will wait for the Weapon R for both cars I guess.. BTW I know it is none of my business but why did y2kgs get banned??

Honestly he has been super helpful with all my questions but this isn't my forum and you all can do what you want.. Just curious??
Old 08-28-01 | 03:36 PM
LexusRules
Lexus Champion

[i]BTW I know it is none of my business but why did y2kgs get banned??

Honestly he has been super helpful with all my questions but this isn't my forum and you all can do what you want.. Just curious?? [/B]

ditto.
Old 08-28-01 | 04:40 PM
GlobeCLK
Lexus Fanatic

2savvy I believe APEXi is working on an exhaust system for the new Soarer (SC430) so you might wanna hang around and watch what comes out from APEXi (Could be N1)
Old 08-28-01 | 06:14 PM
2SAVVY
Lexus Champion

Honestly Globe I don't think I will do anything exhaust wise with the SC430.. Planned mods for the SC are:

18" Lowenhart LD1's - Got them
L-Sportline semi-adjustable suspension - Still have to contact Dazz about this.. I think it's $1,800 :eek:
Weapon R Intake and ECU - Working with y2kgs on this
Body kit I am still up in the air on this.. I figure I will play the waiting game on this mod.. Car is still new and hopefully we will have more players making kits..

If you hear anything about the APEXi exhaust please forward it off to the SC430 forum.. Right now I think the car sounds perfect the way it is but give me time and I will want to change it.. HEHE
Old 08-28-01 | 07:33 PM
GlobeCLK
Lexus Fanatic

Originally posted by 2SAVVY
Honestly Globe I don't think I will do anything exhaust wise with the SC430.. Planned mods for the SC are:

18" Lowenhart LD1's - Got them
L-Sportline semi-adjustable suspension - Still have to contact Dazz about this.. I think it's $1,800 :eek:
Weapon R Intake and ECU - Working with y2kgs on this
Body kit I am still up in the air on this.. I figure I will play the waiting game on this mod.. Car is still new and hopefully we will have more players making kits..

If you hear anything about the APEXi exhaust please forward it off to the SC430 forum.. Right now I think the car sounds perfect the way it is but give me time and I will want to change it.. HEHE
OK no exhaust, yeah SC430 sounds nice and deep stock like GS430 (V8 growl). But even if I hear anything I'll let you know.

One question tho, why are you getting the L-Sportline semi-adjustable suspension? Because you like L-Sportline or because no one else has it for SC430?
Old 08-28-01 | 07:57 PM
LexusRules
Lexus Champion

Ken, sounds like you're gonna really be doing a lot of stuff on your car! thats awsome!! We must cruise! esspecially when my mom gets an SC430! GS300, GS400, SC430, and SC430! haha

i'm ordering the bra either tommorow or the day after for our dreaded winter! :eek:
Old 08-28-01 | 07:58 PM
2SAVVY
Lexus Champion

Globe you hit it right on the head.. No one else has anything for the SC as of yet.. I suspect Eibach will have springs next year but I doubt I will see a coilover setup from anyone since this car is in such limited production at the moment.. L-Sportline is sooo expensive thou.. Some have told me to wait on the suspension part and see who or what gets made.. I dunno I guess I will feel out Dazz to see what they can do price wise for me..

Fire back at me if you hear anything from Japan on Soarer aftermarket parts.. Wifey is buying 2 Lexus pillows for me for a B-Day present.. You think she is telling me something.. LOL
Old 08-28-01 | 08:06 PM
2SAVVY
Lexus Champion

Yup Sasha we must do a cruise night.. Just as long as we don't crash our cars like our Cali friends.. BTW guys if you see this ya gotta tell me what happened??

All this free time this week I am working the web to see what I can do to mod wise to both cars.. When I get the Borla's for the GS we gotta do that meet we were planning with GS-TO and our RX guy too.. Give me an excuse to try out GS-TO's car with 20's..

Oh before I forget have you looked at Xpel.com for the GS 3M front end treatment for the GS.. Much better than the bra but the bra is good too.. You guys just repainted the front end so the Xpel stuff would be a good alternative.. Just email me if you need the link..

Ken Shaw is gonna install that Xpel stuff on the SC430 when it arrives..

Last edited by 2SAVVY; 08-28-01 at 08:11 PM.
Old 08-28-01 | 08:28 PM
LexusRules
Lexus Champion

hm.. is the xpel stuff easy to put on and off? the bra is only a thing i'm gonna use when there is snow and salt.... thanks man
Old 08-28-01 | 08:40 PM
GlobeCLK
Lexus Fanatic

Globe you hit it right on the head.. No one else has anything for the SC as of yet.. I suspect Eibach will have springs next year but I doubt I will see a coilover setup from anyone since this car is in such limited production at the moment.. L-Sportline is sooo expensive thou.. Some have told me to wait on the suspension part and see who or what gets made.. I dunno I guess I will feel out Dazz to see what they can do price wise for me..

I say WAIT. Wait for TEIN, they'll have something out definitely.

Wifey is buying 2 Lexus pillows for me for a B-Day present.. You think she is telling me something.. LOL
....... she wants a larger bed? LOL j/k.
Old 08-28-01 | 08:42 PM
GS - T.O.
Driver

Hi Guys,

What is a bra or Xpel? Ken, can you send me the link?

Thanks!
Old 08-28-01 | 09:29 PM
The Ikon
Lexus Champion

Question hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Y2K is banned??? For what!? If he is, I'm sure it was not over an opinion of a product... I hope!

I just hope he is only taking a few days off. and/or he can work out whatever the problem is/was and join us on CL. He is always a BIG help!!!

Moderators what happened??? As much bickering, bashing, etc that goes on here on some forums... just clear it up for us...

Y2K you have my email address... hit me up!!!

The Ikon
Old 08-28-01 | 10:32 PM
2SAVVY
Lexus Champion

First of all.. Globe.. LOL.. Good one!! Thanks for the heads up on TEIN.. Lets hope they make one!

Sasha and Albert the Xpel product is made by 3M it is the clear film that protects the front end / mirrors / headlights if you choose to buy all of the above.. Check that link and it will explain.. As for the nose bra Sasha has seen it when we went to Cayuga.. It is made by Colgan Custom.. You can buy it from Carparts.com and the product number is PR948.. Sasha can back me up on this the bra looks pretty good on the car and even if you have the headlight washers as we do up here in great white north have on all our cars it still works.. I'll post a pic of our GS with the bra on.. If I were to do it again though or choose to repaint the front end down the road I would go with the Xpel protection..

Hope that helps guys!

Fire back at me if you need any more info..
Attached Thumbnails Y2kgs And The Results On Weapon R- And Ecu-gs-bra-front.jpg  

Last edited by 2SAVVY; 08-28-01 at 10:34 PM.
Old 08-29-01 | 06:41 AM
LexusRules
Lexus Champion

yea the bra does look good and it fits really really well. I think i will get the bra cause it costs a lot less and its easy to take off and put on. Thanks again ken!
Old 08-29-01 | 08:00 AM
bitkahuna
Lexus Fanatic

Sasha - did you get the Weapon-R ECU with your intake?

Quick Reply: Y2kgs And The Results On Weapon R- And Ecu