GS - 2nd Gen (1998-2005) Discussion about the second generation GS300, GS400 and GS430 (1998 - 2005)

Y2kgs And The Results On Weapon R- And Ecu

Search this Thread

Old 08-29-01 | 08:23 AM
LexusRules
Lexus Champion

no i just ordered the intake, i'm going with the S-AFC soon
Old 08-29-01 | 01:41 PM
RON430
Lexus Fanatic

Default Bra

lexusrules - If you are interested in a bra, you might want to give Steve a call at Carson and see if he can get the Lexus bra. I bought the Lexus bra and while pricey, don't remember exactly but I think I paid around $200 (not from Steve, just didn't want to wait). It has an excellent fit. The two differences between it and the one pictured, I assume Colgan, is that the Lexus bra does not have the mesh over the grill and it has a small raised lip rather than the two deflectors standing up. The small lip is much less noticeable and more importantly, the hood portion does not flap so it is doing its job. Still haven't fooled around with my digital camera enough to take a picture and post it, probably wouldn't be too interesting as I have the current very dark blue and the bra does not stand out well.
Old 08-30-01 | 03:23 PM
LexusRules
Lexus Champion

2SAVVY, i tried looking on carparts for it (have seen it before) and now it seems to be gone... and ur part number didnt work any other places i could order it from? thanks dude
Old 08-30-01 | 06:15 PM
2SAVVY
Lexus Champion

Sasha that is strange.. It seems that Carparts.com has dropped Colgan Custom from their line-up.. I sent them an email and got a pretty quick response saying Colgan will not be part of their product lineup anymore.. No reason why..

When I get back to work next week I will call my guy in Chicago and see what he can do for you.. Maybe he can ship one up for me.. Until then I will do a search on the net for you as soon as I send this message and see who else carries Colgan.. You can check with Steve @ Carson about the one that he carries and maybe Ron430 would be nice enough to post a pic of his.. I have seen the one that Ron is talking about.. Well constructed just like the Colgan so you can't go wrong with either one.. I went with the Colgan since it is thicker and has more flex than the one that Steve carries.. Just my 2 cents..
Old 08-30-01 | 06:23 PM
LexusRules
Lexus Champion

Thx dude, i want the flex because we have those headlight washers.. is it possible to get one without hte licence plate frame, because i took mine off... hehehe (dont tell the cops) hahahaha, thanks man
Old 08-30-01 | 06:27 PM
2SAVVY
Lexus Champion

Colgan Custom Yahoo Store

Sasha this link above can get you the bra for $99.00 USD
You can also order the bra without the license plate opening since you have no plate there anyways just specify that when you place your order..

AutoAccessoriesZone

This link can get you the bra for a $1.50 less $97.50 USD
Click on the pictures and they have a nice pic of one on a GS.. Looks different than mine..

Ok buddy hope that helps!
Old 08-30-01 | 07:13 PM
LexusRules
Lexus Champion

thx dude, i'll order it tommorow from there
Old 08-31-01 | 09:00 PM
RacingAristo

How does Weapon R sound like? Any extra whistling noise?
Old 08-31-01 | 10:11 PM
Manaray
Lexus Fanatic

Though it is an unfortunate thing when we have to ban a user, Y2KGS got banned because he threatened physical harm to other members of Club Lexus. Members of Club Lexus should not be subjected to such threats and we do not tolerate that type of behavior. That is the ONLY reason. SRT had no part in that decision. End of story.

If you have any questions, please feel free to PM me or one of the other moderators.
Old 08-31-01 | 11:23 PM
GlobeCLK
Lexus Fanatic

Originally posted by manaray
Though it is an unfortunate thing when we have to ban a user, Y2KGS got banned because he threatened physical harm to other members of Club Lexus.
Threatened physical harm? Can you please explain? I didn't see it or was it deleted before I got to it?
Old 09-01-01 | 01:13 AM
Manaray
Lexus Fanatic

It was not in public view...it was via PM/email. I think it'd be best is we didn't rehashing the subject so let's all just leave it at that...
Old 09-02-01 | 04:12 PM
salimshah

This thread has changed directions so many times ..

With apologies ...

Lexus "nose mask" is good fit. But with 2yrs of use, I have taken it off. With a layer of wax and couple of months without the mask, the haze (where the top edge of the mask touched the hood) that I could see at an angle has vanished.

Black mask on certain colors would not look good, but with black or green cars, it does not clash.

Tip: Just cut holes for the front license plate screws and put the plate on the mask instead of making the U cut for the whole plate. [Neg. you have to take the plate off to remove the mask]

Salim
Old 10-22-03 | 12:33 PM
Anthracite SC
Lexus Test Driver

Default WR intake will not pass smog

Yes that intake will give u gains..but it's not been approved for California smog certification.
you'll get ticket after ticket unless u swap it in during smog tests
Old 10-22-03 | 01:26 PM
DaveGS4
Forum Administrator

Default Re: WR intake will not pass smog

Originally posted by Anthracite SC
Yes that intake will give u gains..but it's not been approved for California smog certification.
you'll get ticket after ticket unless u swap it in during smog tests
Anthracite,

This is the second OLD OLD Weapon-R thread you've dug up today to make this same point. If the topic isn't actively being discussed, please start a new thread.

To my knowledge, the K&N intake is the only CARB-certified aftermarket intake for the GS (at least for the GS4). If people read this and know of another, please PM me and I will update this post. Since it is over two years old, I'm closing it.