GS - 2nd Gen (1998-2005) Discussion about the second generation GS300, GS400 and GS430 (1998 - 2005)

TTE exhaust or dual tips---Where can I get them????

Search this Thread

Old 08-30-01, 07:18 AM
ap0718
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hello,
I am interested in getting either the TTE exhaust setup or some quad tips for my 1998 GS400. Does anyone have any experience with TTE??? Where can I get a good deal???

Also, did anyone ever find out if that Lexus For sale on E-bay had the GReddy exhaust with dual tips molded on, or what???

How much of the back spoiler lip will have to be cut to fit these tips??

As you see, I have a lot of questions, any kind of suggestions and/or opinions wil help.

Thanks
Old 08-30-01, 07:43 AM
SilverGSguy
Pole Position

you might want to try hiro for the exhaust at http://shop.store.yahoo.com/lexusparts/
Old 08-30-01, 12:24 PM
SUPRATRD
Original CL Sponsor since 1999

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The TTE duals will run you about $979.00, you will also need the cut out covers to fit the exhaust $135.00.

Find a reputable body shop to make the actual modification to the bumper
Old 08-30-01, 04:20 PM
D-MAN63
Lexus Champion

Ap, I was planning to get that TTE some time ago but I gotten a chance to hear that in person. Its too loud for me IMO. You should try listening to it in real life before you spend 1k or more.
Old 08-30-01, 10:01 PM
2SAVVY
Lexus Champion

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Hey Diesel,

If you were to go with Quads what do you recommend??
I know you have done your fair share of research on this.. I have a buddy who just ordered his '02 GS430 and he was asking me about Quads since he likes the M5 look so to speak.. Anyone do a Catback system that isn't overly loud but works well??
Old 08-31-01, 05:30 AM
D-MAN63
Lexus Champion

2SAVVY, hmmm I only heard the TTE one in person and I believe that edogg or manaray put up a pic of a generic quads sometime ago . The TTE muffler does sound a bit like the M5. The only downside I can think of (besides noise) is that you just can't get the quads by itself, you either have to buy the TTE cut-out for the bumper or the win-racing bumper to fit the quads in. The last option is to go to a GOOD bodyshop and let them 'widen' the part where the muffler tips should go and make em fit in the quads.

Now I am leaning more towards TTE again because I really want the quad look. I think I am going to screw the noise and just get it . Unfortunately I don't know any company that has the cat-back system. It would be great if someone made one.

Take care man ! I can't wait till you get the sc !

Last edited by D-MAN63; 08-31-01 at 05:32 AM.
Old 08-31-01, 09:19 AM
2SAVVY
Lexus Champion

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Thanks Diesel for the input.. This is what my friend is looking at doing on his GS430.. L-sportline front bumper and sides plus win racing rear with I guess TTE exhaust.. I have no idea how this will all look together.. I'm trying to get him on Club Lexus so he can ask all these questions for himself..

As for the SC I can't wait myself.. I was getting service done to the GS yesterday and the owner of the dealership has a midnight green SC so he asked me if I wanted to take another spin in a SC since he knows how long I have been waiting.. Cool guy.. Just handed over the keys and said have fun.. I only drove it for 10 minutes but the stares that you get are priceless from other drivers and people on the street.. 2 weeks baby!!

The part that sucks is I will only be able to drive it for 2 months max then winter hits here..
Old 08-31-01, 04:54 PM
LOTC
VIP 様式

We'll Diesel Man I am not going with the TTE quad look anymore since more and more people are getting the quads with the round tip .I am going with squared tipped quads.The ones you see on the Mercedes.Kinda like the Remus Exhausts style.

They only cost me $120 a piece and all i have to do is go to a muffler shop and have them custom pipe it.

I am thinking about removing the resonators and just connecting the pipes as striaght as I can right after the cats,do you think it will be to loud and will I loose or gain any horse power out of this?
Old 08-31-01, 05:01 PM
LOTC
VIP 様式

Oh by the way they look like the ones on the bottom of this page,instead of tips they are mufflers.

http://www.autob1.com/Html/Remus/html/tips.htm
Old 08-31-01, 10:54 PM
Manaray
Lexus Fanatic

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Now I am leaning more towards TTE again because I really want the quad look. I think I am going to screw the noise and just get it. Unfortunately I don't know any company that has the cat-back system. It would be great if someone made one.
Yes, I completely agree!

Dieselman, how loud is the TTE's exactly? I'm thinking about getting it also but I don't want one that's too loud. Is it loud just doing normal driving or only on WOT? Can you give a comparison to another exhaust system? You said it sounds like a M5...do you think a M5 is too loud? If it sounds like a M5, I'm thinking it's too quite!
Old 09-01-01, 05:50 AM
D-MAN63
Lexus Champion

Manaray, I noticed first when he started the car, there was a deep 'humming' noise and the humming noise gets deeper and louder when he pushes on the gas. I would say the sound is 'like' an M5 but louder. Its not too loud where you can't stand it to a point that you want to rip it off

Hmm I never really heard any other exhausts in person but I can tell you for sure, it don't sound like any of those ricer civic exhausts
Old 09-01-01, 10:49 PM
1niceride
Lexus Test Driver

Dieselman63 - Would you say the TTE are louder than Borla's but quiter than Greddy's ? I got to sell my Greddy's cause of the noise . So i'm going with what i wanted in the first place.

The ugly cut-out won't look that bad on my black car. Its harder to see on black.

Edogg- Remus makes the TTE exhaust . Just like hks makes the l-tuned.
Old 09-02-01, 05:41 AM
D-MAN63
Lexus Champion

Originally posted by 1niceride
Dieselman63 - Would you say the TTE are louder than Borla's but quiter than Greddy's ? I got to sell my Greddy's cause of the noise . So i'm going with what i wanted in the first place.

The ugly cut-out won't look that bad on my black car. Its harder to see on black.

Edogg- Remus makes the TTE exhaust . Just like hks makes the l-tuned.
1niceride, unfortunately I never heard borla's or greddy's in person because for some apparent reason, not alot of people in GS's like to do any mods in nyc . All I know is that the TTE/REMUS don't sound like those ricer dudes in civics, integras etc..

One reason I like the quads also is when you turn on your car, the noise that comes out of the quads make your GS sound like its packing 500 HP
Old 09-02-01, 09:11 AM
LOTC
VIP 様式

I hope the TTE quads sound more like a deep grunt and not like a four bangers misqito with a exhausts.

Personally I think all Lexus V-8's will have a loud deep grunt becuase of larger displacement.

The greddy's on the GS4 sounds wicked.I heard msray's and they sounded awesome.When he drives by they will make you look.