GS - 2nd Gen (1998-2005) Discussion about the second generation GS300, GS400 and GS430 (1998 - 2005)

HID Auto-Leveling light came on-went away but there is a problem

Search this Thread

Old 03-28-06, 11:28 AM
TRM04
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default HID Auto-Leveling light came on-went away but there is a problem

I had the Daizen control arm bushings and sway bar bushings installed and picked the car up yesterday. For some reason the battery was dead so they gave it a jump. Upon start-up, the auto leveling light on the dash came on but the HIDs work. I drove it home with the light on fearing not to turn the car off in hopes of letting the battery get a good charge (20min drive home). The entire drive home I noticed the lights were pointed too low. Once I got home I turned the car off and back on, the dash light turned off but the headlights never leveled. This morning same thing, dash light off but it is not auto leveling.

From doing searches, I have found that there are sensors on the front drivers side sway bar or that area (anyone know exactly where) and rear driver's side sway bar. How do I find out if they are good still or not? If there was a problem with them shouldn't the dash light turn back on?

Thoughts?
Old 03-28-06, 12:42 PM
JeffTsai
Lexus Fanatic

Received 43 Likes on 17 Posts

Try pulling the power from the battery and let the car sit for a bit. Sometimes the electronics in the car go wayyy out of whack when voltage is low. It happened in my car when I ran the battery down. After I jumped the car, the VSC, TRAC, and CEL were on! I just pulled the battery for about 10minutes or so and the problem went away. Try that first before you attempt anything epensive
Old 03-28-06, 01:12 PM
TRM04
Driver

*Running outside to try this*

Be back in 30mins.
Old 03-28-06, 02:13 PM
TRM04
Driver

I'm at work so I didn't have any access to tools. I removed the ECU-B fuse from the engine bay instead and....no go.

Might I expierence different results by removing the negative battery terminal?
Old 03-28-06, 02:28 PM
Kharizma
Lexus Champion

if your auto - leveling worked before you had the bushings installed, take it back and ask them what's wrong with it 'cause it might of been their fault, just explain to them that it was working before you took it into them and that they should look at it.. i have no idea on a fix though, never had this problem, but something for me to look out for as i'm gettin' the bushing kits for sways, control arms and castor arms put in soon here.
Old 03-28-06, 02:34 PM
jp430
Driver

Originally Posted by TRM04
I had the Daizen control arm bushings and sway bar bushings installed and picked the car up yesterday. For some reason the battery was dead so they gave it a jump. Upon start-up, the auto leveling light on the dash came on but the HIDs work. I drove it home with the light on fearing not to turn the car off in hopes of letting the battery get a good charge (20min drive home). The entire drive home I noticed the lights were pointed too low. Once I got home I turned the car off and back on, the dash light turned off but the headlights never leveled. This morning same thing, dash light off but it is not auto leveling.

From doing searches, I have found that there are sensors on the front drivers side sway bar or that area (anyone know exactly where) and rear driver's side sway bar. How do I find out if they are good still or not? If there was a problem with them shouldn't the dash light turn back on?

Thoughts?
How are the bushings???? Night and day????
Old 03-28-06, 05:26 PM
TRM04
Driver

At home, I disconnected the battery for 10mins, no luck...

I even jacked the car up and physcially checked the sensor and they "look" fine, both front and rear.

I also checked for a fuse but couldn't find one for it. Anyone know if there is one?

Anything else?? I'm really at a jam here.

BTW, yes the bushings are great. My comments on the bushings are inline to everyone else's.
Old 03-28-06, 06:59 PM
LEXUS_KID
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Who installed your Daizen control arm bushings and sway bar bushings And how much just got mine today
Old 03-28-06, 07:38 PM
TRM04
Driver

I assume you're local to Chicago?

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=207040
Old 03-28-06, 08:21 PM
TLW
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

on the front driver side suspension and rear driver side suspenion there are height sensors for the HID.... I would check this out ....If it wasnt dark out I would go take a pic for you

I can try and help tomorrow
Old 03-28-06, 08:31 PM
enterconne
Driver

are the auto levelers only on cars with HID??
Old 03-28-06, 08:33 PM
TLW
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Smile

short answer, yes
Old 03-28-06, 08:35 PM
enterconne
Driver

thanks TLW!!
Old 03-29-06, 05:47 AM
TRM04
Driver

Originally Posted by TLW
on the front driver side suspension and rear driver side suspenion there are height sensors for the HID.... I would check this out ....If it wasnt dark out I would go take a pic for you

I can try and help tomorrow
I think I found those and wiggled them. The rear I loosened the bracket for it thinking maybe it was too tight causing it to aim the lights in one posistion only.

Your pics will help either way...maybe I adjusted something else.
Old 03-29-06, 08:34 AM
TRM04
Driver

I think I have the HIDs fixed. Jacked the car up yesterday and wiggled both the front and rear sensors a bit. I disconnected the battery for the 2nd time and this morning they auto leveled...thank goodness.

Quick Reply: HID Auto-Leveling light came on-went away but there is a problem