GS - 2nd Gen (1998-2005) Discussion about the second generation GS300, GS400 and GS430 (1998 - 2005)

How Loud Is The SRT Intake?

Search this Thread

Old 04-07-06, 12:54 PM
Mr GS400
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by SilverLexo
I have gotten 3 smog checks since my SRT intake has been in stalled ALL at differnt locations. I have not had a single question about it...they smog it, no questions asked.

I installed my SRT first (nice sound, not incredibly louder until you really mash the pedal). Then I added the borla exhaust...it sounds 100% different with the combo...louder, grumblier, meatier. The SRT whistles right before the car shifts, I've had several people ask me about the supercharger...haha it's just an intake I tell them.
You're very fortunate to have found licensed smog inspection shops that don't bother to do the required visual inspection. If they did you would have 'failed' the test. Not because of excessive emissions but due to an 'unapproved' emission related component (ie. the intake).

Finding a 'friendly' smog inspection shop is one of the ways I was going to suggest to SRT Intake users.

Continued Good Luck!
Old 04-07-06, 01:07 PM
GSoup
Lexus Fanatic

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

oh don't get it twisted. i'm definitely not bent out of shape... its just your trying to give your take on a mod you have never done..which makes it your opinion, which is fine... you have yours i have mine.

oh...and ummm van wyck when we were going to the wheel alignment..where i had to slow down to 35 so you can catch up and i could actually see you through my rearview... also i don't ever recall seeing you on our way to the BBQ in SI..ohh dam..i forgot i was to busy up ahead giving brian (96sc3) an actual run for his money....

ohhhh the srt intake is great

Last edited by GSoup; 04-07-06 at 01:12 PM.
Old 04-07-06, 01:15 PM
DASHOCKER
Lexus Fanatic

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by GSoup
oh don't get it twisted. i'm definitely not bent out of shape... its just your trying to give your take on a mod you have never done..which makes it your opinion, which is fine... you have yours i have mine.

oh...and ummm van wyck when we were going to the wheel alignment..where i had to slow down to 35 so you can catch up and i could actually see you through my rearview... also i don't ever recall seeing you on our way to the BBQ in SI..ohh dam..i forgot i was to busy up ahead giving brian (96sc3) an actual run for his money....
lol ah, i was not racing on either occassion. The Vanwyck was too populated for me too really race, with old ladies on the road not signaling and Mr. Magoo's in minivans. The Belt Pkwy on our way to Staten Island, is a pot hole infested road. I was on my 19's with 30 series tires then, and was not racing anybody on that road.I was even behind Cherplex in his Rodeo 4x4. Anyway, we still cool baby. I'm spreading my wealth of car knowledge to my brothas here.
Old 04-07-06, 03:04 PM
LEXSOOS
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

DASH and SOUP please

I know where are you coming from, Both ideas are some improvment, anyway........

In my opinion good airbox for SRT might be better option but it is time and effort consuming, on the other hand $5 pipe supplying more fresh air could work either, at least better option than air filter sitting in funny **s heat shield,

I'm going to built custom air box with custom piping so i can make both of you happy, peace