GS - 2nd Gen (1998-2005) Discussion about the second generation GS300, GS400 and GS430 (1998 - 2005)
View Poll Results: My cars getting some work done, should I...
Debadge everything on the deck lid
8.99%
Debadge the "Lexus" and the "GS 400" but leave the emblem on
39.89%
Don't touch a dang thing
51.12%
Voters: 178. You may not vote on this poll

Debadging Revisited

Search this Thread

Old 09-06-01, 01:21 PM
fever
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

A)Remove all three badges on deck lid
B)Remove the "Lexus" and the "GS 400" but leave the rear emblem
C)Don't touch anything
Old 09-06-01, 01:24 PM
LexusRules
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

i did the Debadging of everything but the L emblem in the middle. Cleaner look, but make sure you get all of that residue off!
Old 09-06-01, 01:33 PM
Intellexual
Lead Lap

I think it looks a little *TOO* bare without the L emblem at least...everything else should go though

Just my opinion.
Old 09-06-01, 03:47 PM
fever
Lead Lap

Intellexual and Sasha, I agree with you. I think only the rear emblem should stay.
Old 09-06-01, 06:26 PM
ceoart
Pole Position

Cool

I don't understand why you would want to remove them. Maybe if you had a GS300 and wanted to keep people guessing if it is a GS430. But if you had a GS430 people might think it is a GS300 until you left them in the dust :eek:
Old 09-07-01, 03:11 AM
tinygs
Lexus Test Driver

Dump it all....................and then buy a grill w/no emblem....your car is what it is, not an advertisement for Lexus....hahahahahaha Tiny
Old 09-07-01, 07:44 AM
fever
Lead Lap

ceoart-that's kind of my plan. I have the SRT intake/ecu, torquemaster plugs and other invisible mods will follow. I like the concept of some wiseass thinking to himself, "who does this guy think he's kidding? he dumps the 17"s on his G3 and debadges it and we're supposed to think it's a G4?" Well, surprise, it's a G4 and more.
tiny-I have given a lot of thought to stripping the whole car but then I'd have to replace the stock rims and I'm not prepared to throw three grand at some rims, especially given that I really like the stock 17"s.
Old 09-07-01, 11:19 AM
Benny
Rookie

do you drive a lexus or an avalon, why take off the lexus stuff?? people always take there badging off when there is a car model above what they are driving so people around them don't know what model they are driving .....i.e. you buy a MB S430 instead of a s500. so take the badging off and no-one knows the difference unless you look under the hood. that is just my two cents
Old 09-07-01, 11:54 AM
///MDex
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally posted by Benny

do you drive a lexus or an avalon, why take off the lexus stuff??

cents
because it's his car and he can do what he wants to.....

people always take there badging off when there is a car model above what they are driving so people around them don't know what model they are driving .....

[/QUOTE]

maybe you would do that because you try to deceive others like that - don't assume everyone thinks like you

maybe those who debadge what a cleaner look and aren't occupied with such trivial thoughts of 'ooohh, I don't want people to think I can't afford xyz car, so I'll take my badges off to fool them' - hogwash

maybe those who debadge don't feel the need to advertise what they drive

do you believe all the badges you read? if so, you could probably go find some really neat badges like by friend below

to each his own - don't try to pigeon hole others on the board because of your own issues

it was a poll - I think you made it into a personal attack

my .02

Attached Thumbnails Debadging Revisited-storm-type-r.jpg  
Old 09-07-01, 11:55 AM
fever
Lead Lap

Agreed. But I kind of like the notion of reversing the trend. Anybody who thinks they're challenging a G3 is in for a surprise. My fiancee is being a snob and wants me to leave it on.

Originally posted by Benny
do you drive a lexus or an avalon, why take off the lexus stuff?? people always take there badging off when there is a car model above what they are driving so people around them don't know what model they are driving .....i.e. you buy a MB S430 instead of a s500. so take the badging off and no-one knows the difference unless you look under the hood. that is just my two cents
Old 09-07-01, 12:12 PM
///MDex
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Maybe I came off a bit curt, but I'm just tired of those that make such broad brush assumptions, like 'everyone else thinks the same as I do, and this is stupid'

I mean, do you drive a Lexus for you, or for everyone else?

Leave em on if you think it looks good, not to impress others - take em off for the same reason.

Peace
Old 09-07-01, 12:53 PM
fever
Lead Lap

I respect people's opinions in here and wanted all the feedback I could get. It's better hearing opinions from Lexus entusiasts like you than anyone else. Yes, I have my own ideas but value yours as well.
Old 09-07-01, 02:00 PM
Sleepyboi
Lead Lap

I would debadge the back and just leave the lexus symbol and i would switch the front grill. I just think it looks alot cleaner. No other reason like tryin to fool someone and make them think i have a GS4 when i have a GS3. I love my car and personally can care less what other pple think. thats juss my .02
Old 09-07-01, 02:02 PM
LexusRules
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

i debadge cause it Looks BETTER and CLEANER on the back, i never even thought my car would be mistaken for a GS4 n till you guys metioned it, besides i want the GS3 not the GS4 anyways
Old 09-07-01, 02:42 PM
Intellexual
Lead Lap

I agree with Fever about 'reversing the trend'...

For example, if I had an AMG E55, I'd DEFINITELY debadge, but I'd also think about putting E320, or E430 badges on instead....

I once saw an ML55 (it DEFINITELY was one, front bumper foglights (before sport package came out), rear valence, exhaust, wheels, etc.) with ML320 badges.

I guess some people agree with me.

Quick Reply: Debadging Revisited