GS - 2nd Gen (1998-2005) Discussion about the second generation GS300, GS400 and GS430 (1998 - 2005)

So sad.

Search this Thread

Old 04-15-06, 08:16 AM
Chpsk8
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The police may have a record of the call, even though no official report was filed. Did you happen to get the cops name? You could always reference that in the claim.
Shouldn't be too big of a struggle. I think I'd go get a quick estimate before reporting it to any insurance company. Even though it's her fault you just never know whats going to effect your rates. I got T-boned on my motorcycle by a guy that blew a stop sign. Even though every document I have says he was 100% at fault Progressive raised my rates $100 every 6 months for being involved. Thank you Progressive.
Old 04-15-06, 08:26 AM
Tammy
Lexus Champion

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

You pay your insurance company to protect your interests...

I would not rely on the other drivers insurance adjuster doing what is best for you. His job is to do what's best for their insurer and not your interests.

I had an elderly citizen run a stop sign and scratch the side of my landcruiser.. He didn't want to involve insurance. I ignored him and filed a claim with mine. A year later, he sued me for medical claims and was surprised when my insurance picked up the claim. They got all the deductable and rental car costs from him and sent me a cheque. Then sent the kindly ol' crook down the road and advised me what was done. Seems he had a history of this with other drivers. You never know about people.
Old 04-15-06, 11:24 AM
maximussp
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Chpsk8
The police may have a record of the call, even though no official report was filed. Did you happen to get the cops name? You could always reference that in the claim.
Shouldn't be too big of a struggle. I think I'd go get a quick estimate before reporting it to any insurance company. Even though it's her fault you just never know whats going to effect your rates. I got T-boned on my motorcycle by a guy that blew a stop sign. Even though every document I have says he was 100% at fault Progressive raised my rates $100 every 6 months for being involved. Thank you Progressive.

Yup, I have the cops name. He wrote it down on the bottom of the paper he wrote on for me.
Old 04-15-06, 11:01 PM
salimshah

Received 1,045 Likes on 943 Posts

We maybe getting ahead of ourselves here.

My suggestion is to call the other party insurance and make a claim. Unless it is a reputable company they will drag their feet (get their clinst version of what happened), you can get couple of estimates.

if they refuse or deny your claim, you can go go to your insurance,

Salim
Old 04-15-06, 11:12 PM
maximussp
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by salimshah
We maybe getting ahead of ourselves here.

My suggestion is to call the other party insurance and make a claim. Unless it is a reputable company they will drag their feet (get their clinst version of what happened), you can get couple of estimates.

if they refuse or deny your claim, you can go go to your insurance,

Salim

I'm planning on calling my insurance company tomorrow and have them deal with it. I have photo evidence that they wre at falt so it shoudln't be a problem. I don't want to talk to anyone but my insurance.
Old 04-16-06, 08:11 AM
BLiu
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by maximussp
I'm planning on calling my insurance company tomorrow and have them deal with it. I have photo evidence that they wre at falt so it shoudln't be a problem. I don't want to talk to anyone but my insurance.
You know, the damage may be under $500 and almost not worth it to report. Hard to tell from the pic but is the bumper dented at all? If it is just scratches, then perhaps a nice detail may get rid of most of it and just wait for a REAL rear collision (but let's hope that never happens to you of course ). Don't know if your insurance company will move fast on this one. Good luck!

Maybe you can contact the chick and tell her to give you $200 instead of reporting the insurance and you can write her a letter promising you will not report to insurance (eg, a release of liability). Use that money to save up for a new aftermarket rear bumper. Once you get insurance involved, it's a long process and this option will be out of the question. Just a suggestion...

Brent
Old 04-16-06, 08:17 AM
chuckb
Lexus Fanatic

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by maximussp

THERE IS NO REASON TO EVEN GET YOUR INS INVOLVED!!

you call here insurance co with her policy # and tell them what happened. I've been through this before.
Old 04-16-06, 10:44 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 190 Likes on 148 Posts

agree.... just call her insurance..... of all the insurance claim i have had so far, i pretty much always just contact the other person's insurance
Old 04-16-06, 12:43 PM
Dx3
Lexus Fanatic

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

I don't have any other suggestions that those posted above. However, pictures before the accident only mean that it wasn't previously damaged - it is not proof that this particular woman did it.

I would call her insurance company first, and if they are not helping I would call your own company. But then again, part of your insurance premium is so your insurance company can take care of these issues for you.

Who is your insurance company and who is hers??

Jonny
Old 04-16-06, 01:13 PM
maximussp
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by Dx3
I don't have any other suggestions that those posted above. However, pictures before the accident only mean that it wasn't previously damaged - it is not proof that this particular woman did it.

I would call her insurance company first, and if they are not helping I would call your own company. But then again, part of your insurance premium is so your insurance company can take care of these issues for you.

Who is your insurance company and who is hers??

Jonny

I have Mercury and she has Allstate.
Old 04-16-06, 01:18 PM
cyclemax
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by chuckb
THERE IS NO REASON TO EVEN GET YOUR INS INVOLVED!!

you call here insurance co with her policy # and tell them what happened. I've been through this before.
I agree with Chuck.

I worked for an insurance company for several years handling claims just like this. Just contact her insurer, if you know who it is. If you have the plate #, the local PD should be able to get it for you.

Insurance companies pay many claims even when their insured says there was "no damage" or "I didn't hit it". The fact that you got up out of your seat with company, confronted her, and called the police gives a lot of credit to your version. Any reasonable person would agree that it's much more likely that she hit your car than you are lying.

You shoudn't have a problem.
Old 04-16-06, 09:24 PM
maximussp
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by BLiu
You know, the damage may be under $500 and almost not worth it to report. Hard to tell from the pic but is the bumper dented at all? If it is just scratches, then perhaps a nice detail may get rid of most of it and just wait for a REAL rear collision (but let's hope that never happens to you of course ). Don't know if your insurance company will move fast on this one. Good luck!

Maybe you can contact the chick and tell her to give you $200 instead of reporting the insurance and you can write her a letter promising you will not report to insurance (eg, a release of liability). Use that money to save up for a new aftermarket rear bumper. Once you get insurance involved, it's a long process and this option will be out of the question. Just a suggestion...

Brent

I don't want to detail or anything. I want it repainted since the rear bumper was flawless before she hit it. I shouldn't have to deal with looking at all those scratches. I just need to get my bumper back to what it was. Thanks for the idea though
Old 04-18-06, 01:30 PM
maximussp
Lead Lap

So I called her insurance company today and recieved some bad news. Apparently she gave me the wrong address so I could not file a claim. The police officer did not write down her policy number either so I was stuck. Even with her drivers licence number and licence plate he said he could not initiate the claim for me.

Hopeing if anyone here at CL worked for allstate or can help me get her policy number so I can file my claim. Kind of dissapointed but I still have faith in my CL members.

-Ken
Old 04-18-06, 05:07 PM
cyclemax
Lead Lap

The local PD should be able to give you the owner's name and address from the license plate number. Once you have that, call Allstate back and they should be able to look up the policy number. Insurer's should be able to look up a policy number by name, license number, address, plate number, VIN, etc.

Good luck and keep trying.
Old 04-18-06, 06:05 PM
maximussp
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by cyclemax
The local PD should be able to give you the owner's name and address from the license plate number. Once you have that, call Allstate back and they should be able to look up the policy number. Insurer's should be able to look up a policy number by name, license number, address, plate number, VIN, etc.

Good luck and keep trying.

They said they can't help me if I don't have the correct address with the policy. I tired very hard to explain to him that I have her drivers licence number and licence, but he said its "Part of procedure" He didn't really help me out at all.

Quick Reply: So sad.