GS - 2nd Gen (1998-2005) Discussion about the second generation GS300, GS400 and GS430 (1998 - 2005)

So sad.

Search this Thread

Old 04-14-06, 08:59 PM
maximussp
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default So sad.

hey guys,
Sad day for me today. I was eating dinner with my family at a resturant when I noticed someone trying to parallel park behind my car. She was the worst driver ever and I watched her hit my back bumper TWICE, also hit the front of my dads car as well, since he was parked exactly one car behind me. So I went outside to confront her and told her she hit my car and my dads. She starts FREAKING OUT!! Telling me I was lying and trying to scam her. It was sooo obvious that she hit my car since my car was soo dirty and the bumper clearly showed the scratches she put on with her LICENCE plate. lol. She was about to cry and drive off so I told her I had to call the police to get a report for insurance.
After 10 min, the police came, which was so fast and I told them the situation. They went to talk to her and I heard her tell the officer that her mother was driving. I couldn't help laughing and told the other officer that the lady was the actual driver.
So, I get her information from the police officer and I go back into the resturant to finish my dinner.

I will post pics of my bumper tomorrow since its dark here already and cant show you the damage. Basically my bumper did not have one scratch on it, and now There are long and deep scratches about 2 feet across.

5 hours before accident:

after accident:

Can anyone here advise me on my current situation and tell me what I need to do to make sure her insurance company pays for the damages. I don't know how to prove she did hit my car and made all the scratches on the bumper. I might have a picture of my bumper showing no scratches on it but I need to look on my computer at my other home. Im trying to realistic here and assume that her insurance company won't believe that their client made all those scratches. BUT SHE DID lol. I also have a freind who owns a body shop and I can probably ask him to write me a reciept that I just got my bumper repainted. I have really good insurance and hopefully they can do something for me.

If anyone can help me I would really appreciate it. Hope you guys are having a great Friday since mine kinda stinks.

-Ken

Last edited by maximussp; 04-16-06 at 01:36 AM.
Old 04-14-06, 09:04 PM
TLW
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Sorry to hear the Van Gough in the trunk got messed up too ( I love you Al Birdy )

seriously , you must have the patience of a buddhist, to see this happen and maintain your temper
Old 04-14-06, 09:10 PM
17gs400
Lead Lap

dont worry as long as you got her info and got the police report ,the insurance will pay for it. It was not ur fault. Make sure next time have a camera on you, so you can take some picture. To show ur insurance.

By the way sorry to hear and good luck.
Old 04-14-06, 09:11 PM
Tammy
Lexus Champion

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Do not admit any liability, authorize repairs or discuss your accident with anyone except your insurance representative or the police. Advise your insurance company ...
Old 04-14-06, 09:14 PM
maximussp
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by TLW
Sorry to hear the Van Gough in the trunk got messed up too ( I love you Al Birdy )

seriously , you must have the patience of a buddhist, to see this happen and maintain your temper
It's funny you say that bc I am buddhist. I was really calm, honeslty theres nothing I could really do, plus the police really appreciated how I handled the situation and I even told them to not waste too much time on me since there are other people out there who had bigger problems then my bumper.
Old 04-14-06, 09:16 PM
maximussp
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by 17gs400
dont worry as long as you got her info and got the police report ,the insurance will pay for it. It was not ur fault. Make sure next time have a camera on you, so you can take some picture. To show ur insurance.

Should I have taken pictures of my bumper right there? I figured I could take them later since the lady already put her hand on my bumper and made it impossible to prove that she made those dirt marks go away. I will still take pictures of my car.

The police informed me to contact my insurance company first and have them deal with calling her insurance company.
Old 04-14-06, 09:19 PM
maximussp
Lead Lap

There is NO police report, the police told me it was non-reportable, they basically came to get her information for me. Thats why I wanted you guys to advise me on what i should do to PROVE she hit my car.
Old 04-14-06, 09:24 PM
17gs400
Lead Lap

so there is no other infomation the police gave you beside her info? Most insurance company ask for police report..
you can also tell ur insurance the officers name. As a witness of the incident.
Old 04-14-06, 09:49 PM
maximussp
Lead Lap

so there is no other infomation the police gave you beside her info? Most insurance company ask for police report..
you can also tell ur insurance the officers name. As a witness of the incident.

is exactly what I thought, So I asked the officer about it and he said they just can't write a report since they can't prove anything. He said, the insurance people have to deal with it. I was nto able to argue with the police officer and make him write up a report if he said it was not necessary.
Old 04-14-06, 10:14 PM
UberNoob
Lexus Fanatic

damn teenagers that dont take responsibility for their own actions

good luck w/ insurance but im sure that if insurance company needs, they can get enuf evidences for your sake
Old 04-14-06, 11:25 PM
maximussp
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by UberNoob
damn teenagers that dont take responsibility for their own actions

good luck w/ insurance but im sure that if insurance company needs, they can get enuf evidences for your sake

Hope so. I was going to let it slide if they apologized, but after accusing me of being a cheater and trying to scam them, I had to call the police. After looking at it under the flashlight to see how bad it was, It hard to describe the feeling I had when I saw how bad it actaulyl was. Will take pictures tomorrow.

-Ken
Old 04-15-06, 12:14 AM
salimshah

Received 1,045 Likes on 943 Posts

As long you got the insurance company's name and the cops confirmed that the other party has insurance, there is hope. Witness would strengthen your claim. Since there was no citation issued, proving who is at fault (if any ,,, sorry) will be difficult. Worst case scenario is that other party insurance accepts the story that no collision took place and any damage to your vehicle was pre=exiisting. Then you may opt to go to the small claims cort.

A long time back, when I was involved in an accident, the cops issued a citation to the other driver, but they made it clear to me that the recovery of damage is a private affair [between us and our insurance companies].

Salim
Old 04-15-06, 12:35 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 190 Likes on 148 Posts

ah man, sorry to hear that, but glad that you saw it and caught her hiting your cars

hope you will get them fixed soon
Old 04-15-06, 02:37 AM
maximussp
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by salimshah
As long you got the insurance company's name and the cops confirmed that the other party has insurance, there is hope. Witness would strengthen your claim. Since there was no citation issued, proving who is at fault (if any ,,, sorry) will be difficult. Worst case scenario is that other party insurance accepts the story that no collision took place and any damage to your vehicle was pre=exiisting. Then you may opt to go to the small claims cort.

A long time back, when I was involved in an accident, the cops issued a citation to the other driver, but they made it clear to me that the recovery of damage is a private affair [between us and our insurance companies].

Salim

Lets say I have photos of my rear bumper that were taken the hours before my accident clearly showing that there are no marks on the bumber, will that help my situation? I hope doesn't become the "worst case." DOn't want to waste my time goign to court, funny ting is she from Oregon, so if it did, will that benefit me?
Old 04-15-06, 07:19 AM
chuckb
Lexus Fanatic

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

her insurance will send out an adjuster to look at it and he'll probably cut you a check right on the spot.

I see no need to even get your insurance co. involved.

Quick Reply: So sad.