GS - 2nd Gen (1998-2005) Discussion about the second generation GS300, GS400 and GS430 (1998 - 2005)

KYB / L-tuned Combo

Search this Thread

Old 04-21-06, 11:47 AM
blue99GS4
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default KYB / L-tuned Combo

Ok guys. I have been researching like crazy but haven't found much info on this subject. Since the L-tuned shocks are not available anymore, I heard that KYB GR2 shocks would be a fine replacement. I haven't been able to find out for a fact that L-tuned shocks were indeed rebagged KYB? Also, do any of you have (or have experienced) the KYB shock / Ltuned spring combo? If yes, please let me know how it compares to the L-tuned or any other combo out there.
thx
Old 04-21-06, 01:05 PM
LEXSOOS
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by blue99GS4
Ok guys. I have been researching like crazy but haven't found much info on this subject. Since the L-tuned shocks are not available anymore, I heard that KYB GR2 shocks would be a fine replacement. I haven't been able to find out for a fact that L-tuned shocks were indeed rebagged KYB? Also, do any of you have (or have experienced) the KYB shock / Ltuned spring combo? If yes, please let me know how it compares to the L-tuned or any other combo out there.
thx
What are you concern about? price, ride quality, drop, or whatever you are looking for, you have to remeber that whatever choice you'll make there is always something missing, unless you'll go coilover route which could be all you need.

You have to tell us what do you except from your future setup, otherwise i'm clueless what to advice you, probably most of us
Old 04-21-06, 01:15 PM
blue99GS4
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I would like to lower my car about 1 in with some improvement in handling while keeping the ride quality close to stock. I'm not the kind of guy who would change the ride height often. Price is a big factor here. I have been researching on this topic and came to the conclusion that L-tuned S/S is a good fit. Unfortunately, L-tuned shock is not avaible any more. Some people in this forum had mentioned that KYB shock could be used with L-tuned spring as a substitution of the L-tuned combo. I'm just trying to confirm that KYB shock is in fact a direct replacement of L-tuned shock. Furthermore, get some feedback from people who have experienced KYB shock/Ltuned spring combo.