GS - 2nd Gen (1998-2005) Discussion about the second generation GS300, GS400 and GS430 (1998 - 2005)

Went to the track...I have some issues

Search this Thread

Old 04-26-06 | 06:16 PM
4GRAINR
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by ARISTO 161
what octane was you gasoline rated at?
He was running 91 octane.
Old 04-26-06 | 09:38 PM
ARISTO 161
Intermediate

oh ok, thats good!
Old 05-01-06 | 07:25 AM
Lvangundy

This happens to me as well. It started after the 3.76 gears were installed. I believe the transmission ECU is expecting a certain shift point and doens't allow re-programming out of that range. It will shift into 5th eventually, but if being in 4th for too long is a concern just blip the throttle or switch from 4th into 5th. Personally, I'm often in lower gears when diving the GS for the extra kick, cruise up to 3KRPM in 2nd and mash on it to redline!

Suspecting a problem with the MAF seems a little overboard. Swap your gears out for the stock ones and give it a few miles if it really bothers you.

Originally Posted by AZDesertGS
I'm gonna throw this out there cause I found it pretty interesting. A couple of weeks ago I posted an issue I was having with the car not going into overdrive on me....and I had to put the shifter to 4th and immediately into D. It is intermittent.....what do you think about this I found online about MAF being dirty. Maybe this caused the bad track run????
.[/I]
Old 05-01-06 | 10:38 AM
DASHOCKER
Lexus Fanatic

Any updates Alex? Took it back to the track?
Old 05-01-06 | 10:46 AM
AZDesertGS
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by DASHOCKER
Any updates Alex? Took it back to the track?
Not yet.....I'll be going back in a couple of weeks with my buddy who bought a new IS350. I want to do a few things before bringing it back like.....I changed the SRT intake with an Injen intake. I'm also changing out the plugs next week with some new Iridiums just so i know that they are new and everything was properly gapped and installed. Then off to the track.

Im sure the IS will woop me but it will be fun. This time I'll make sure the battery is charged in my video camara before I head out

I also just cleaned my MAF sensor while I changed out the intake.
Old 05-01-06 | 12:47 PM
DASHOCKER
Lexus Fanatic

Not yet.....I'll be going back in a couple of weeks with my buddy who bought a new IS350. I want to do a few things before bringing it back like.....I changed the SRT intake with an Injen intake. I'm also changing out the plugs next week with some new Iridiums just so i know that they are new and everything was properly gapped and installed. Then off to the track.

Im sure the IS will woop me but it will be fun. This time I'll make sure the battery is charged in my video camara before I head out

The new plugs will rejuvinate the car. I didn't know Injen still makes intakes for the 2nd gen GS. Keep us posted
Old 05-01-06 | 04:23 PM
Hollywood
Lead Lap

Why how fast are the is350's going in the 1/4?
Old 05-01-06 | 04:26 PM
AZDesertGS
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by Hollywood
Why how fast are the is350's going in the 1/4?
Since a lot of guys on here are pulling 13's.....I would say out here in AZ, probably 13.5-14.0's